• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Skydra

I'm using a ferrothorn. Should I use stealth rock or explosion in it's move set?

Depends, if you already have some entry hazard support Explosion might take precedence, but otherwise I'd go with SR.

randomspot555

I'm using a ferrothorn. Should I use stealth rock or explosion in it's move set?
Explosion kind of got nerfed in Gen 5 (it no longer reduces the target's DEF stat by 50%). On the other hand, SR is now quite rare, with only a handful of Pokemon that learn it by level up. SR is much more valuable than exploding.

Myrrh

Does anyone know how much money you get when you use payday during a battle? I want to know if it is a viable way to get some extra money or a waste of time under optimal conditions.

Explosion kind of got nerfed in Gen 5 (it no longer reduces the target's DEF stat by 50%). On the other hand, SR is now quite rare, with only a handful of Pokemon that learn it by level up. SR is much more valuable than exploding.

I would use spikes over either, just due to thefact that even though Stealth Rocks isn't as common, Spikes is still rarer (or at least a pokemon that can reliably set them up)

Profesco

gone gently
I have a question but I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask it.

I am wondering what type of pokemon would be good for a trainer who is caring, kind, and compassionate, but also has a good sense of humor. Which of the types would fit that personality type?

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm having a hard time trying to figure that out.

Hm, interesting. I'd say it depends on which side of those attributes you want to be the primary one.

If you want the kind/compassionate stuff to be the most noticeable, Grass and Psychic types (Normal too, if it's easier for you) always go very well with those kinds of attitudes. Grass due to the notion of tending, which can apply to a garden or a sick person, and Psychic due to the association between telepathy and empathy. Actually, there are some Pokemon of those types who fit the humorous side, too. Whimsicott, with its Prankster ability, could work.

If you'd like the humor to be more apparent, but the kind/compassionate stuff to show up as a nice surprise, you'd do well to use Ghost and Dark types, like Banette or Nuzleaf.

... Hah, but that's just my opinion. This isn't a science, after all. ^_^;

Mewtwo owns you

Dragon Master/Slayer
Due to the fact i'm a fan of mysticisms and fables and what not, i'm trying to find four pokemon that would fit the four horsemen. I'm not asking for the pokemon in specific but rather the types. So I have war(fire,electric and/or dragon) and pestilence(poison) but i'm having trouble with death and famine. I relize its a very odd question but, why not? Thanks for those that answer, if not then just disregard this post

Due to the fact i'm a fan of mysticisms and fables and what not, i'm trying to find four pokemon that would fit the four horsemen. I'm not asking for the pokemon in specific but rather the types. So I have war(fire,electric and/or dragon) and pestilence(poison) but i'm having trouble with death and famine. I relize its a very odd question but, why not? Thanks for those that answer, if not then just disregard this post

I would have used this:
War: Fire
Pestilence: Poison
Death: Ghost
Famine: Grass? ( as plants can be used as food)

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Famine: Bug... Bugs eat the harvest, just like with Mozes' story (grasshoppers).

Last edited:

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Alright, so now Smogon's been inaccessible for me for two days. I didn't know where else to ask this question, so is it just me, or..?

GREENMONKEYDUMP

Gone Forever
Please answer fast- If you have a pokemon you want to ev, and it has pokerus, AND another pokemon that is battling FOR it has pokerus, does the pokemon being ev'd get the pokerus bonus?

GREENMONKEYDUMP

Gone Forever
No, I mean is the pokemon that is getting ev trained still getting the pokerus boost?

through the experience share? Both pokes have pokerus, but one is being trained through the experience share. Does the exp. share one get a pokerus boost?

Last edited by a moderator: