• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
To the above post, uhh... yeah....

Anybody else more experienced than me can feel free to correct me, I'm newish to this stuff.

why is there only 1 save file in pokemon?

how do bycicles fit in bags?

how do pokemon fit in pokeballs?

if a pokemon is caught in a hacked pokeball, is the pokemon considered a hack?

finally, how the hell can you not fly on a scyther when you can fly on a spearow?

1. Like BCVM22 said, there would basically be no practical use. Also the game cards would have to be huge, as if you had even 2 save files with the maximum amount of Pokemon in each game, it would need a lot of data.

2. Who says they do? Maybe they're teleported to another dimension. Or the backpack is dimensionally transcendental (Doctor Who FTW!).

Nintendo logic.

3. They don't, they're atomized. I think a bunch of individual atoms would be much easier to fit in a Pokeball than a solid sentient being. Or maybe the Pokeballs are dimensionally transcendental.

My question is, how do Pokeballs catch Pokemon? How/why are some different/stronger than others? I know it's a game, but what is the science behind it? Any theories?

4. No, the Pokeball is considered a hack. ;)

But seriously, I don't know. Probably.

5. Because a Scyther doesn't fly. It hops.

Scyther is also gifted with tremendous speed and is a strong flyer, but vary rarely flies.

It's an insect, it wouldn't be strong enough.

Now a Pidgey wouldn't be either. That's some more Nintendo logic.

EDIT: Whoops, that quote's from the Scyther entry on Bulbapedia.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I think most of the question can be answered with Nintendo logic or a simple answer, plus two stab moves are not always good neither is moves that require a turn to charge,miju.

Zibdas

not bad
Can you SR for a shiny Lapras in HG/SS?

Zibdas

not bad
Is there a list somewhere of all Pokemon that are interactable?

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Why are there such an abundance of noobs lately? Is it b/c of B/W?

Anyway, the only status move I saw was Recover, and that's not good on an Alakazam. Vendidurt, what's wrong with Psychic? I think you should keep it.

Suicune: Extrasensory doesn't make sense to me... you can keep it but I recommend something with better coverage (Dig helps w/ Electric types). Also, you don't need Surf and Hydro Pump. Get something... better. And you can do better than Aurora beam. Like Ice beam.

Dragonite: You really don't need Fly for competitive... Thunder will kill you. Replace it with Dragon Dance or Hurricane. Replace Thunderbolt with Thunder (unless you hate the accuracy) or Dragon Dance (if you chose Hurricane). Replace Dragon Claw with Outrage.

Staraptor: Why do you even have one if you have a Dragonite? And it has a horrible movepool. Anyway, Aerial ace has low power, so replace it with Brave Bird. Maybe Toxic for Fly? I don't know.

Zoroark: You have nothing to counter your weaknesses, except for sucky Aerial Ace. Try Extrasensory (or maybe Flamethrower). Also replace Shadow Ball with Nasty Plot or Calm Mind.

Haxorus: Giga. Impact. Sucks. Replace with Hone Claws.

More pending.

i was quick to type it in, but it seemed they wanted a physical move on alakazam. the only one that would be feasible is Psyshock and i see no point in putting it in a moveset with Psychic. if you know a better physical move for alakazam, please say so!

My question is, how do Pokeballs catch Pokemon? How/why are some different/stronger than others? I know it's a game, but what is the science behind it? Any theories?

Here's my guess:

The standard Pokeball has a weak atomizing beam and a limited capability to contain the rapidly moving atoms, leaving you with high speed atoms and little ability to contain them. As you move up to Great Balls, the power of the beam increases as does its ability to contain the atoms, slowing the atoms down some and allowing the ball to contain them easier. The higher up on the pyramid you go, the better they are at these two things. Certain balls, like the Net Ball, are made to be more effective on certain types of Pokemon.

This was off the top of my head, so it may be riddled with holes. Feel free to point them out, but I'll probably respond with It's Pokemon Goddammit.

Is there a list somewhere of all Pokemon that are interactable?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/interact.shtml

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Excellent, thank you.

randomspot555

Here's my guess:

The standard Pokeball has a weak atomizing beam and a limited capability to contain the rapidly moving atoms, leaving you with high speed atoms and little ability to contain them. As you move up to Great Balls, the power of the beam increases as does its ability to contain the atoms, slowing the atoms down some and allowing the ball to contain them easier. The higher up on the pyramid you go, the better they are at these two things. Certain balls, like the Net Ball, are made to be more effective on certain types of Pokemon.

This was off the top of my head, so it may be riddled with holes. Feel free to point them out, but I'll probably respond with It's Pokemon Goddammit.

Thanks, that actually makes sort of sense.

i was quick to type it in, but it seemed they wanted a physical move on alakazam. the only one that would be feasible is Psyshock and i see no point in putting it in a moveset with Psychic. if you know a better physical move for alakazam, please say so!

I see your point, but putting a physical move on Alakazam is like putting Splash on a Mewtwo. It's just pointless. I have an Alakazam that can OHKO with neutral Shadow Balls (against slightly lower level Pokemon, but still). You NEVER want a Physical move on an Alakazam.

Shadowrasa

Can anyone give me some tips on how to get a good natured Metang/Metagross in the chasm? They have a catch rate of 3 and this metang broke out of my 15 ultra balls timer ball and dusk ball (even though its the day lol)....

EDIT:WOW!!!! the next thing i threw was a pokeball for lols and it got more shakes than anything else then i caught it!

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Can anyone give me some tips on how to get a good natured Metang/Metagross in the chasm? They have a catch rate of 3 and this metang broke out of my 15 ultra balls timer ball and dusk ball (even though its the day lol)....

EDIT:WOW!!!! the next thing i threw was a pokeball for lols and it got more shakes than anything else then i caught it!

If you want a good natured metang, then try getting a synchronizer with that nature

Profesco

gone gently

hyperion33 is right. Your best bet would be to get the nature you want by breeding. That 3 catch rate makes them harder to catch than some Legendary Pokemon.

Shadowrasa

hyperion33 is right. Your best bet would be to get the nature you want by breeding. That 3 catch rate makes them harder to catch than some Legendary Pokemon.

Looks like i know what i'm doing for the car ride today and tomarrow...10k base egg steps!!! Thank goodness for flame body...

How many steps do you take go from one end of skyarrow bridge to the other?

Last edited: