• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Aurath8

The Ghost/Dark combination is the only type combination with no weaknesses. This typing is shared by Sableye and Spiritomb.
While Sableye is almost utterly useless with only 75 attack and 50 spd, Spiritomb does have some use with decent attack stats and good defensive stats despite its abysmal speed.

Iyashii

The point of this thread to fuel my utterly useless need for information.

I am aware of everything I asked in my initial post.
The only difference is, I've only ever heard people talk of Spirit Bomb.

This was very troubling for myself, since I adore Sableye.

Upon discussion these matters with my Girlfriend last week, she was awestruck at seeing another Pokemon that has the Ghost/Dark Type.
Well Dark/Ghost in Sableye's manner.

And it was the same for here.
Anytime when she would discuss matters of Pokemon, the only Pokemon ever mentioned of having no weaknesses was Spirit Tomb, so I decided to see exactly why.

This is because Sableye was from Generation 2 while Spirit Tomb was from Generation 3, if I'm not mistaken on my Generations.

We could not fathom why only Spirit Bomb get's talked in regards to this matter, when Sableye was there before Spirit Bomb.

Does anybody have any reasoning for this?

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
The point of this thread to fuel my utterly useless need for information.

I am aware of everything I asked in my initial post.
The only difference is, I've only ever heard people talk of Spirit Bomb.

This was very troubling for myself, since I adore Sableye.

Upon discussion these matters with my Girlfriend last week, she was awestruck at seeing another Pokemon that has the Ghost/Dark Type.
Well Dark/Ghost in Sableye's manner.

And it was the same for here.
Anytime when she would discuss matters of Pokemon, the only Pokemon ever mentioned of having no weaknesses was Spirit Tomb, so I decided to see exactly why.

This is because Sableye was from Generation 2 while Spirit Tomb was from Generation 3, if I'm not mistaken on my Generations.

We could not fathom why only Spirit Bomb get's talked in regards to this matter, when Sableye was there before Spirit Bomb.

Does anybody have any reasoning for this?

first of all, it's Spiritomb, not Spirit Bomb. second, Sableye was from Gen 3 and Spiritomb is from 4

That thar Mudkip dun hav no weakes so iv herd

Iyashii

Rofl

Firstly yes, I realize that now.
Seems my ability to type is faster than my ability to think.
(Spirit Bomb from to much DBZ over the years lol?)

And yes, I thought I had my Generations mixed up.

But the point of my last post still stands.

That thar Mudkip dun hav no weakes so iv herd

Grass lol?

Grass>Water
Grass>Ground

Mudkip is horribly weak against Grass.

And speaking of which, Bug moves against a Dark/Ghost & Ghost/Dark are a 1.5x multiplier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurath8

Dark is weak to Bug but Ghost resists it, the two types cancel out eachother making Bugs effectiveness 1x and not 1.5x

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Grass lol?

Grass>Water
Grass>Ground

And speaking of which, Bug moves against a Dark/Ghost & Ghost/Dark are a 1.5x multiplier.

there's no such thing as X1.5 multiplier. theres x0, x1/4, x1/2, x1, x2 and x4. and no, bug isn't super effective against either of those

Secret Identity

Pseudo Trainer
Actually, it is possible for Spiritomb and Sableye to be hit by a super-effective move.

From Bulbapedia:
When [Foresight] is used on Spiritomb or Sableye, they can be hit by a super-effective [Fighting-type] move due to the Ghost-type's immunity normally masking a Dark-type weakness.

The only reason why spiritomb gets mentioned more often than sableye is because spiritomb is competetively viable, even in OU, while sableye's stats and movepool leave lots to desire, which makes it hard to use in even lower tiers.

Iyashii

Bug is very effective against Dark, which would be 2x
Bug is not very effective against Ghost, which is .5x

Therefor it would be 1.5x, would it not?

EDIT: BLeck, these forums load slow.

I can't see how Spiritomb would be favoured, that's prob my preference to speed talking, though.

And isn't Recover a move people like?
Perhaps not if Sableye doesn't look viable even with that.

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Spirittomb and Sable eye have no weakness, if foresight is used they have the figthing weakness. Also a pure electric type like Electrode if it uses Magnet Rise it will have no weakness as well since ground types can't hit it.

Last edited:
Bug is very effective against Dark, which would be 2x
Bug is not very effective against Ghost, which is .5x

Therefor it would be 1.5x, would it not?

EDIT: BLeck, these forums load slow.

I can't see how Spiritomb would be favoured, that's prob my preference to speed talking, though.

And isn't Recover a move people like?
Perhaps not if Sableye doesn't look viable even with that.
Bug on Dark-2x
Bug on Ghost-0,5x
2x0,5=/=1,5
2x0,5=1 that means it is not effective.

Spiritomb-485 total
Sableye-380 total
As you see Spiritomb is alot stronger and I don't see how Sableye is forgotten, it's counterpart Mawile is much more forgotten.

Grass lol?

Grass>Water
Grass>Ground

It was a joke. Rofl. You aren't familiar with the Mudkip meme, do a video web search on Mudkips.

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Although Spiritomb and Sableye, they really need to get some resistences as well. Most attacks are neatral on them.

Zorkzedork

Can't you just use forsight/mericle eye to get a weakness for Ghost/Dark typing?

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Can't you just use forsight/mericle eye to get a weakness for Ghost/Dark typing?

Yes, but it would be better to hit it with two neatral attacks than one super effective attack.

Scrappy Brick Break Miltank and Kangaskhan are the reason Sableye and Spiritomb have a weakness without using Foresight. Therefore, nothing has no weakness.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
yeah, but no one uses Miltank or Kangaskhan

No one uses Sableye, either... they still exist, regardless of who uses them.