1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

27 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. NO!

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Charmander#4

Charmander#4 Dating Rosie Palms?

Actually, Miltank is a pretty powerful tank in UU, the same tier that Spiritomb is in. Go figure.

2. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Spiritomb? Underused? I could've sworn it would be OU. Must be the crippling speed issue and some movepool issues. Ah well, at least OU has almost nothing to fear from it.

3. Gentleman

Gentleman Sitting on Horsea

I'm awfully unsure as to what there is to actually discuss here, but I can try to sum everything up.

-Spiritomb and Sableye are the only two Pokemon that (on basis of typing alone) that have no weaknesses.

- It's possible to produce a Pokemon with no weaknesses under certain circumstances, such as Baton Passing a pure Electric type (or a Poison/Dark type) Magnet Rise, or Skill Swapping Levitate on.

-In turn, it's possible to introduce a weakness to a Pokemon that has no weakness by using moves like Scrappy or Foresight on Spiritomb/Sableye. Pokemon that have their weaknesses artificially removed can have their weaknesses forced back on through, say, Gravity if Magnet Rise or Skill Swapping Levitate came into the picture, or another Skill Swap.

-Spiritomb is mentioned more often than Sableye because it's correspondingly more useful/notable than Sableye.

I think that's about it. Not quite sure what there'd be left to say on the topic.

4. Iyashii

Iyashii Well-Known Member

Yea, I've noticed there is only a fraction of people here who want to participate in an actual discussion.

Regardless, I will be leaving these forums.
    I just simply cannot stand the slow server these are hosted on, as well as this immature community.

But I do appreciate your post, Gentleman.

5. Morgil

Morgil Well-Known Member

Um, i hope this qualifies for this thread, so here goes:

I'm planning a Team Rocket uniform for Halloween this year. What kind of hat is that the grunts wear? It looks kinda puffy or something. If i just knew what kinda of hat that is, i'd know what to look for.

6. Manafi's Dream

Manafi's Dream フェアリータイプタイム

It's kinda like a beret to me. It justs rubs me that way.

7. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

This would probably be a decent hat to use for Team Rocket cosplay. Called a "newsboy cap" as far as I can see. =)

[img139]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31z2pTtgtPL._SS400_.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  8. Morgil

Morgil Well-Known Member

Wow, that looks perfect. I typed "newsboy cap" into amazon, and the very picture you posted came up. Plus, it's pretty cheap at only $5. Thanks.

9. Zephur19

Zephur19 Active Member

Shiny pokemon and IDs

So I heard some things about shiny pokemon and IDs and SIDs and stuff. What's that all about? Do IDs have an affect on how often you encounter a shiny pokemon or something? Cause apparently people can use this method, I believe it's RNG, and they can predict when a shiny will appear based on their ID and SID. Something to that affect. I made this thread because I am very confused about this whole thing! lol

10. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

In what cases does the height listing in the pokedex refer to a measurement other then height?

I know it refers to length in serpentine pokemon, but, for example, is Wailord 145 metres tall, or the much less impressive 145 metres long? Does pidgeotto and zubat's impressive height listing refer to their actual height, or their wingspan?

11. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Spiritomb just does Sableye's job better. Pain Split or Rest-Talk is quite a decent alternative to Recover, anyhow.

I'm thinking plain height. From claws to head-feather, in the case of Pidgeotto.

12. Dattebayo

Dattebayo Banned

How is Explosion a physical move when you aren't phyiscally touching the opponent?

13. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

They blow up and bits of themself hits the enemy.
    But I really don't get Sacred Fire how can that be physical, you don't touch the enemy or hit anything that then hit the enemy, it is "energy orb" of fire and orbs and beams are not physical

14. Count Zubat

Count Zubat Member

I have a question sorry if this seems noobish but what is EV training? i haven't been involved in pokemon for a long time

15. Me either. but I think its a virus that gives the pokemon,who's infected with it, more exp than usual.

16. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

It is a way to train your pokemon in a special stat by fighting pokemon who gives it and make it hold a power item, and the virus you talk about is pokerus and it doubles the boost in EV training.

17. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

It's probably like a flaming body slam type of thing. Otherwise, I don't see how it's Physical either :/

This page should explain everything!

That'll be the Pokerus.

18. LugiaSoul

LugiaSoul You can't stop me

Should I get it?

I already have SoulSilver, but I've heard that a lot of people have both games, and right now I have an opportunity to get HeartGold should I?

19. White Wizard

White Wizard Hundred acre Woods

yes you should ;)

20. Empoleon Bonaparte

Empoleon Bonaparte Well-Known Member

No.
    Unless for some strange reason you have two DS units and are desperate to trade between the two versions.