• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I already have SoulSilver, but I've heard that a lot of people have both games, and right now I have an opportunity to get HeartGold should I?

Generally, no.

I'm going to get SoulSilver since I'm training and battling competitively on HG, filling my Dex and whatnot, so I'm never going to restart the game. But I want to play through the game sometimes, too, so I'm getting SS :D If that's somewhat the case with you, then you buy both.

Dattebayo

Banned
Why must the Pokegirls look older than they should be? It's giving me a hard time to love them while being 18 and not being called a pedophile.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Why must the Pokegirls look older than they should be? It's giving me a hard time to love them while being 18 and not being called a pedophile.

They look older because it's a game/cartoon.

But what you said is a tad disturbing. o_O

MudkipzBreeder

I used a ground type move agains t a geodude and it was supereffective, but from my past experience, the only type that's good against itself is the Dragon type...so i'm wondering if maybe I'm just not using ground-types enough or it's a glitch......

I used a ground type move agains t a geodude and it was supereffective, but from my past experience, the only type that's good against itself is the Dragon type...so i'm wondering if maybe I'm just not using ground-types enough or it's a glitch......
Geodude is part rock type and ground is super effective against Rock, so it is normal and no glitch.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Geodude's a Rock/Ground type. Ground is Super Effective against Rock, so it does double damage on Geodude.

And speaking of types SE on each other, Ghost is Super Effective on Ghost too ;D

Profesco

gone gently

Stupid question, but is the gender of the Eevee you get in Celadon Mansion in Leaf Green Set? Can I just SR to get a female, or am I stuck with a male?

~Nemmeh ;107;

It's not set. But good luck getting that 1 out of 8 Eevees that's female. =P

Dark Eevee

Stupid question, but is the gender of the Eevee you get in Celadon Mansion in Leaf Green Set? Can I just SR to get a female, or am I stuck with a male?

~Nemmeh ;107;

You could always catch a Ditto, then breed it and eevee. I have obtained 7 female eevee this way.

Oh and the Celadon City eevee I got was female ;)

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Playing Pearl here.

I seem to always find Cynthia in this game uch of a nightmare, and not just her Garchomp

So I ask this:

What is the best level to challenge her with?

65ish?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Playing Pearl here.

I seem to always find Cynthia in this game uch of a nightmare, and not just her Garchomp

So I ask this:

65ish?

That should be plenty. Anything above 60's a decent bet if you play carefully enough.

Aurath8

Can Platinum trade with HG/SS? I would like to restart it, but I don't wan't to lose Mewtwo and my other legends.

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
Yes. You can trade between all games of the same generation (D/P/P/HG/SS = genIV)
That's how I got my murkrow on Platinum.

Why, exactly, does Low Kick hit a pokemon that is using fly?
I've wondered about this.
It... makes no real viable sense to me.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Yes. You can trade between all games of the same generation (D/P/P/HG/SS = genIV)

Nothing in Pokemon makes perfect sense. For example, you can use Dive on land and send out Golem while you're surfing, etc, etc.

I know Game Freak/Nintendo/the Pokemon Company has trademarked many different names, like Pokemon Topaz, and Crimson and Gray. But I would like to know... did the trademark Gray or Grey?

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
Nothing in Pokemon makes perfect sense. For example, you can use Dive on land and send out Golem while you're surfing, etc, etc.
Yes, but...
Low Kick... Fly? That's not like pokemon battling whilst surfing, which is something that is there for obvious reasons, despite the fact that it makes no sense.
Usually when you fly you only get hit by Twister and the like- moves that viably affect the sky.
Why does/would Low Kick hit a pokemon using Fly when it's A) a fighting move, B) a low kick? Hi-Jump Kick, maybe; Sky Uppercut, perhaps; but?

(aside, I have come up with a reasonabe reason as to why dive could work on land. It fits in with my own theory of the abilities of pokemon, and makes a reasonable amount of sense. It doesn't belong here, though)

Indragon

Back in the USSR

You mean with No Guard, right?

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
Ah!
*has just looked it up*
Yes, that makes sense now.
Rightyo! ^`_^

Dark Eevee

Playing Pearl here.

So I ask this:

65ish?

Well it depends on what pokemon you have and your style of playing.
My pokemons' levels were in the 60s in diamond and 50s in Platinum.
Make sure you have a lot of items.