1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. NO!

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee Well-Known Member

No, except for a few differences they are the same game.
    Also use the questions thread next time.

2. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Generally, no.

I'm going to get SoulSilver since I'm training and battling competitively on HG, filling my Dex and whatnot, so I'm never going to restart the game. But I want to play through the game sometimes, too, so I'm getting SS :D If that's somewhat the case with you, then you buy both.

3. Dattebayo

Dattebayo Banned

Why must the Pokegirls look older than they should be? It's giving me a hard time to love them while being 18 and not being called a pedophile.

4. Indragon

They look older because it's a game/cartoon.

But what you said is a tad disturbing. o_O

5. MudkipzBreeder

MudkipzBreeder New Member

I used a ground type move agains t a geodude and it was supereffective, but from my past experience, the only type that's good against itself is the Dragon type...so i'm wondering if maybe I'm just not using ground-types enough or it's a glitch......

6. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

Geodude is part rock type and ground is super effective against Rock, so it is normal and no glitch.

7. Indragon

Geodude's a Rock/Ground type. Ground is Super Effective against Rock, so it does double damage on Geodude.

And speaking of types SE on each other, Ghost is Super Effective on Ghost too ;D

8. NimhShambler

NimhShambler Fighting Type Prof.

Stupid question, but is the gender of the Eevee you get in Celadon Mansion in Leaf Green Set? Can I just SR to get a female, or am I stuck with a male?

~Nemmeh ;107;

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

It's not set. But good luck getting that 1 out of 8 Eevees that's female. =P

10. Dark Eevee

You could always catch a Ditto, then breed it and eevee. I have obtained 7 female eevee this way.

Oh and the Celadon City eevee I got was female ;)

11. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

Playing Pearl here.

I seem to always find Cynthia in this game uch of a nightmare, and not just her Garchomp

So I ask this:

What is the best level to challenge her with?

65ish?

12. Indragon

That should be plenty. Anything above 60's a decent bet if you play carefully enough.

13. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Can Platinum trade with HG/SS? I would like to restart it, but I don't wan't to lose Mewtwo and my other legends.

14. jupitol

jupitol Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^

Yes. You can trade between all games of the same generation (D/P/P/HG/SS = genIV)
    That's how I got my murkrow on Platinum.

Why, exactly, does Low Kick hit a pokemon that is using fly?
    I've wondered about this.
    It... makes no real viable sense to me.

15. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Nothing in Pokemon makes perfect sense. For example, you can use Dive on land and send out Golem while you're surfing, etc, etc.

I know Game Freak/Nintendo/the Pokemon Company has trademarked many different names, like Pokemon Topaz, and Crimson and Gray. But I would like to know... did the trademark Gray or Grey?

16. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

Yes, all 4th Gen games can trade with each other.

17. jupitol

Yes, but...
    Low Kick... Fly? That's not like pokemon battling whilst surfing, which is something that is there for obvious reasons, despite the fact that it makes no sense.
    Usually when you fly you only get hit by Twister and the like- moves that viably affect the sky.
    Why does/would Low Kick hit a pokemon using Fly when it's A) a fighting move, B) a low kick? Hi-Jump Kick, maybe; Sky Uppercut, perhaps; but?

(aside, I have come up with a reasonabe reason as to why dive could work on land. It fits in with my own theory of the abilities of pokemon, and makes a reasonable amount of sense. It doesn't belong here, though)

18. Indragon

You mean with No Guard, right?

19. jupitol

Ah!
    *has just looked it up*
    Yes, that makes sense now.
    Rightyo! ^`_^

20. Dark Eevee

Well it depends on what pokemon you have and your style of playing.
    My pokemons' levels were in the 60s in diamond and 50s in Platinum.
    Make sure you have a lot of items.