• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Kacho

You are next.
replaying pokemon challenges are bound to open up questions...

in R/S/E, Dewford cave, the hiker says that it is hiker's duty to help others, and thus he passes HM Flash to you.

Since you're neither a hiker nor passing along Flash, does that makes the main character a jerk for not helping OTHER hikers he meets?

G50

No longer posting

in R/S/E, Dewford cave, the hiker says that it is hiker's duty to help others, and thus he passes HM Flash to you.

Since you're neither a hiker nor passing along Flash, does that makes the main character a jerk for not helping OTHER hikers he meets?

That's an interesting question, never even thought of it when I get Flash from him.

I'd say not really, because he's not really asking you to do the same as he is doing. The Hiker is just being a generous person since he probably has extra items to give away, which is why he gave it.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

Well, since the main character isn't a Hiker, it's not their duty to pass things on. Plus, I've always been told it's rude to give away gifts.

isn't this repeated in hgss where a hiker comes out of Mt. Mortar and gives you Strength?

G50

No longer posting
isn't this repeated in hgss where a hiker comes out of Mt. Mortar and gives you Strength?

Yes, he comes out after you've surfed accross Route 42 and pass by the entrance.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I've been trying to breed a Poliwag with both flawless values for SATK and HP, but from some reason the first two eggs hadn't had both of these values maxed, but only one of them [although I put two parents there, each one with different value of these maxed, both holding an EV item]. Ain't it supposed to be that each parent passes the specific IV value suitable for the item it holds?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
and Masuda later said that Bouffalant/Almomola/Emolga were suppose to be evolutions, but that it was cut when that decision was made.
I've never heard this ever, and I watch these forums like a Staraptor. That would explain Alomomola, though.

He doesn't say it's his duty to help other Hikers. Just others. As you're not a Hiker, it's not your duty to help Hikers.

If memory serves, he bumps into you, then gives you the HM to get you to stop crying. Why they had to make a whole new thing instead of make it work like it did in G/S/C is anyone's guess.

abrar14

Statter Master
I've been trying to breed a Poliwag with both flawless values for SATK and HP, but from some reason the first two eggs hadn't had both of these values maxed, but only one of them [although I put two parents there, each one with different value of these maxed, both holding an EV item]. Ain't it supposed to be that each parent passes the specific IV value suitable for the item it holds?

Only 1 IV can be passed down with power items

randomspot555

Why is my ev trainig dosn't work

It's impossible for Pokemon to not gain EVs unless you only level up via Rare Candy/Daycare/DreamWorld/PokeWalker. If they battle in-game (wild, trainers, gyms, E4, Champion, etc... IE non Tower/Frontier/Subway and not Wi-Fi/link battles) Pokemon, assuming their EVs either in that respective stat or overall total aren't maxed out, then they'll gain EVs.

modex

I mean like battel with litwick i should have 1sp.atk form it i killd 10 i only got 3 evs

Aegon

I mean like battel with litwick i should have 1sp.atk form it i killd 10 i only got 3 evs
Four EVs are equal to one stat point, so you won't be seeing a massive increase straight away. This is especially true in Black and White, as the full benefit of the gained EVs won't be visible until Level 100.

modex

i have a hydreigo lv 100 his sp.atk 313 is it good?

randomspot555

Base stats and what's visible are limited due to whatever level a Pokemon is at. A +atk nature Starly with 252 EVs in Atk and a 31 IV in ATK will have an ATK stat of 16 at level 5, while at level 100, the ATK stat would read 229.

Demon of RHS

Team New Breed
Video Game Leagues at Local Shops

This is probably the only post where I won't know where to post it (Incidentally, this is the first on this account.)

A while ago I finished a tournament at a local game shop and I wanted to do... more. Sure I could host another DS tournament, but that was getting old. So while in the middle of writing a fanfiction (a work I hope to post here sometime) I had an idea: Take the games gym concept and bring it to the real world (sort of.) I had a rough idea of how I would do it already in my mind.

-Make a level cap for each gym (so trolls wouldn't just roll through with 100s)
-Trainers can use pokemon from any of the five generations, but they have to be available before you would get to the gym. (ex: trainers can only use pokemon found along route 1 and 2 before challenging the Pewter City gym and so on)
-No legendaries, keep it as close to a regular trainer going through a region as possible
-a seasonal format where gym/elite 4 challenges are played until there's a champion crowned and then the next season the next round of trainers can play until they can challenge last season's champion

There would be physical representations of accomplishments (physical gym badges or something like that) and then whoever wins the champion title would also get a reward (to be determined by both myself and our shop should they wish to contribute)

What do you all think? Are there any details I could be missing? I want to make this a fun experience for all involved parties and I think this could be a hit event at the shop. All suggestions are more than welcome!

randomspot555

These are ridiculously contrived and hard to set up and accomplish online. Most of these "Leagues" set up as gyms and E4 end up dying out due to inactivity because no one ever makes it to the E4.

I can only imagine the hell it'd take if you actually did it in a physical location.

cantab

I'd say wait until the next game releases, when there'll be a peak in interest. But a simple tournament would be better. With one person playing everyone, unless you do a chess-style simultaneous exhibition it'll be a bottleneck.

garren

kitties will rule
for the mm method to work does the ditto have to be japanese