• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

G50

No longer posting
I found someone who is going to trade me a mew, but I wanted to make sure if it is legit or not. There are a few things that they have told me that I am not sure are right.
OT - WOLF
ID No. - 12499
Bashful Nature
Jun 23, 2008
Mining Museum
Apparently met at
Lv. 20
Mischievous
Happly eats anything.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=497187

Here is where you can post and check whether it is hacked or not.

randomspot555

I realize this, but it would still be nice to have Wifi challenges where I don't run into Raikous and Regigigas(es?) and Heatrans. It just kind of takes some of the fun out of it....it would just be a nice option, I think, and there can be another option where those Pokemon are allowed. There could even be an option where all legends are allowed - that might actually be pretty fun.

Regigigias is a complete lol Pokemon that's really easy to take down.

Raikou and Heatran can be a challenge but aren't any more challenging than say, Infernape or Dragonite.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I didn't say I had trouble with them, I said that I'm just tired of seeing them all of the time. They're prevalent just because they're "legendary". And I'm not making up the Regigigas thing; I've battled more than one person with a Regigigas on their team (why they would choose him, I do not know, but whatever). Maybe my game is just trying to troll me.

But I suppose if these legends were taken out of the Wifi battles, we would just see more Blazikens and Infernapes and Dragonites.

So i was reserching pokemon black and white 2 ( Im so Happy ) Any way i was looking it up and read something about not bieng able to play as hilbert and hilga and i was like wtf then i reaseached hilbert and hilga and the black and white trainer sprites came up and i was threw off cause i thought that the trainer sprites in black and white didnt have a name and that the name was what ever the player aka you and me picked as the player name so my quesion is are you playing as "hilbert" and "hilga" or your self cause i thougt pokemon was rpg

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
So i was reserching pokemon black and white 2 ( Im so Happy ) Any way i was looking it up and read something about not bieng able to play as hilbert and hilga and i was like wtf then i reaseached hilbert and hilga and the black and white trainer sprites came up and i was threw off cause i thought that the trainer sprites in black and white didnt have a name and that the name was what ever the player aka you and me picked as the player name so my quesion is are you playing as "hilbert" and "hilga" or your self cause i thougt pokemon was rpg

The default name for the male and female player characters is Hilbert and Hilda respectively. This is no different than Red and Green in the first generation, Ethan and Lyra in 2nd gen, Brendan and May in 3rd, or Lucas and Dawn in 4th. While you are correct that you choose your own name, these defaults are used both to refer to the characters in a general sense and by the AI during the Battle Subway's Multi battles when you tag team with the protagonist you didn't choose.

As for who you'll be playing as in BW2, I think unless it was confirmed since last night and I just didn't see it, no one knows. It's all speculation.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hilbert and Hilda are the "default" English names of the Player Character in Black/White, like Dawn, Lucas, May, Brendan, Lyra and Ethan are for the games they're in. Unlike the games before it, the only way we knew about the names was by visiting the Battle Subway, and the as a Computer controlled partner the other gender's name is shown.

As for who you'll play, to be honest I don't know, as no one outside of Game Freak or Nintendo or Gag orders, has seen any in game footage. So we don't know who you'll play as.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
My brother obtained Tornadus and Thundurus, took them with him to the abundant shrine, but when he interacted with the shrine, nothing happened. If I remember correctly, all you need is to have Tornadus and Thundurus with you and interact with the shrine. Is there something he's forgetting?

CuriousHeartless

^One of them have to be from the game you're doing it in and (I believe) they can only be used for one each. Is he fulfilling both those conditions too?

Eeveeguru

Hey, I have a question. Why the heck aren't they remaking Pokemon XD or Colosseum? I found (well, actually created) a petition to have them redone for the 3DS! Please look.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
^One of them have to be from the game you're doing it in and (I believe) they can only be used for one each. Is he fulfilling both those conditions too?

One of them has to be from his game? In that case, he's screwed. I traded my brother both the Tornadus and the Thundurus because he KO'd the Thudurus in his game.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
One of them has to be from his game? In that case, he's screwed. I traded my brother both the Tornadus and the Thundurus because he KO'd the Thudurus in his game.

Kissmygrass is right; one of them has to be from the player's game. Your brother may be in luck, though - has he defeated the Elite Four? I believe Tornadus/Thundurus respawn after you defeat the Elite Four.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey, I have a question. Why the heck aren't they remaking Pokemon XD or Colosseum? I found (well, actually created) a petition to have them redone for the 3DS! Please look.
It's down to Marketing issues, most likely. Out of most of the Games, Col and XD happen to not sell reasonably well.

Also, they most likely to remake the game from scratch. If they had to do that, they why not create a new game instead. Both games only contain about 2/3rds of the available Pokémon. After completing the game you get access to every Pokémon via trading. Also both games don't lend themselves to being a portable game.

Per Serebii Rules, relating to advertising, I've had to remove the link to Petition from your post. Also Don't double post, you can edit old posts.

Thoaee

I have a large collection of Pokémon games, I am however missing three games; Fire red, Leaf green and Emerald.

Question: Do I need these games in order to complete the Pokédex on my White game? (Take into account: No access to Dream World.)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I have a large collection of Pokémon games, I am however missing three games; Fire red, Leaf green and Emerald.

Question: Do I need these games in order to complete the Pokédex on my White game? (Take into account: No access to Dream World.)

For Fire Red and Leaf Green no as the pokémon and obtain in Heart Gold and Soul Silver furthermore some Kanto Pokémon appear in Black/White.

For Emerald however while yes can complete the dex via the use of 4th and some of the Hoenn pokémon in Black and White. But if you don't mind waiting, you can just wait until Game Freak make the Ruby and Sapphire remake in the near future.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

I think you'll need to rely on Platinum and HGSS to get most of the Pokémon you that is in your missing games. You may need to restart a HGSS to get the Missing Kanto starters. I am assuming you've already got Ruby and Sapphire.

xDWarrior

I want to play either FRLG or RBY. Is there anywhere I can find either of these games since they obviously aren't in production anymore?