• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So I'm going to restart my White version and I want to know if that will affect my DW stuff, or if I'll be able to go back in there with the same account?

It will most likely reset the DW stuff.

Gelatino95

Not a tool

G50

No longer posting
can platinum and heartgold connect to battle revolution?

Yes they can.

HG - You can connect HG when going to the storage menu and copying your Pokemon. However, you can only do this if its a new file where you haven't copied any pokemon over from other games. You can connect to receive items you buy from the shop and you can connect it in DS battle mode. Make sure your HG game in the DS is close to the wii when connecting.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Redoing HeartGold for the I dunno lost count. Tyranitar with Ice Fang or Dragonite with Ice Punch? Whom's mentioned Ice move is easier to obtain? Which pseudo-legendary is easier/better to train for in-game, maybe post game (if I feel like it)?

ToothPick

can anyone tell me , how on earth do people get so much shiny pokemon????
i been playing for a long time,and in all games combined, i encountered 3 shinies.
red gyarados (who didnt lol )
shiny noctowl
and a shiny pidgey, culdnt catch him, since it was verry early in the game,so no pokeballs FMLL

sooo, who knows??
people xtremely lucky?? or just lame AR users??

randomspot555

Redoing HeartGold for the I dunno lost count. Tyranitar with Ice Fang or Dragonite with Ice Punch? Whom's mentioned Ice move is easier to obtain? Which pseudo-legendary is easier/better to train for in-game, maybe post game (if I feel like it)?

Ice Fang for Tyranitar: Move Re-Learner
Ice Punch on Tyranitar: Move tutor
Dragonite w/ Ice Punch: Move Tutor OR Move Re-Learner

Masuda Method or PokeRadar "chaining". Look it up.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Redoing HeartGold for the I dunno lost count. Tyranitar with Ice Fang or Dragonite with Ice Punch?

Ice Punch would be the better option, more power and accurate.

Whom's mentioned Ice move is easier to obtain?

Dragonite can only learn the punch as a move tutor, whereas Tyranitar can, fang as move tutor and heart scale. Punch as a move tutor.

Well Punch are obtain post game, then again so is Tyranitar (unless you trade), and would require battle points to learn the move.

The fangs are heart scales move meaning if you have heart scale you reteach him the move, this can be done pre-game.

Which pseudo-legendary is easier/better to train for in-game, maybe post game (if I feel like it)?

That depend largely on your team, which you haven't told us.

Last edited:

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Okay, so I haven't been on for a while but is the story of Pokemon Black2/White2 will take place after the events of B/W? They are a sequel yes?

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
i been playing for a long time,and in all games combined, i encountered 3 shinies.
red gyarados (who didnt lol )
shiny noctowl
and a shiny pidgey, culdnt catch him, since it was verry early in the game,so no pokeballs FMLL

sooo, who knows??
people xtremely lucky?? or just lame AR users??

There's lots of different ways that people obtain shinies. The different ways are to Soft Reset, the Masuda Method, RNG Abuse, Chaining, and to Random Encounter. People also randomly come across shinies like you mentioned above but it's much harder to obtain shinies that way. It's about a 1/8192 chance.

If you decide to SR, you have to save in front of a pokemon that you can walk up to such as the starter pokemon or legendary pokemon like Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion. After you save in front of the pokemon you want to SR for, you initiate the battle or choose your starter pokemon and if it's not shiny you hold down Start+Select+A+B and the DS soft resets(the buttons that you press varies depending on what kind of device your using). Then you do that over and over until a shiny appears but it's risky because you could accidentally SR over a shiny if you're not paying attention.

If you MM(Masuda Method) you put two pokemon in the daycare, one from your game and one from another country, and hatch the eggs you get from the daycare man until a shiny pokemon hatches. The chances of hatching a shiny is increased in Gen IV to 1/1639 and in Gen V to 1/1366.

If you RNG you're basically predicting when your game will generate the next shiny and then messing with the clock on the DS to get a shiny almost right away. It's a very fast and easy method once you've got it down but there's some software you have to download to help you predict the seed and there's a lot of techincal aspects. It definently requires a lot of brain power. More info here ~ http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=534245

In Diamond, Pearl, and Platnium you're given a pokeradar after you defeat the E4 that you can use to chain for shinies. You can use this to find shinies in the tall grass by battling the same pokemon over and over (chaining) until a shiny patch appears. More info here ~ http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355962&highlight=pokeradar

And last but not least you can RE. All you have to do to RE is run through the tall grass over and over until you come across a shiny but you have no control over which shiny you get since it could be any of the pokemon you can encounter in that area.

You can also trade for shinies or use an AR or Gameshark. I hope this was helpful :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Okay, so I haven't been on for a while but is the story of Pokemon Black2/White2 will take place after the events of B/W? They are a sequel yes?

We don't really know anything about B2/W2 besides what the KyuZek and KyuResh formes look like. Everything that anyone is saying at this point is speculation, but it does seem like they are sequels rather than a different telling of the story, as the traditional third release has been (before yesterday, we thought it would be called "Pokemon Gray", but GF pulled a fast one on us). I can't wait for more information! You can keep up with everything we know at Serebii's home page.

Release for Japan is in June 2012, and European and American release are in "Autumn 2012", so basically sometime during the next school semester.

zetzuken

Can anyone help me? I tried the battle subway and it was like cheating. Why was hypnosis always hitting, its like 100% accuracy!! Any tips for the battle subway? Thanks in advance!!

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Can anyone help me? I tried the battle subway and it was like cheating. Why was hypnosis always hitting, its like 100% accuracy!! Any tips for the battle subway? Thanks in advance!!

Ever since the Battle Tower all the way back in Crystal, people have known that post-game "Battle" institutions tend to weight the RNG in the AI's favor. It has always been like that, but they're not even trying to be subtle about it in BW. Basically, what you're describing is a known fact meant to add "challenge" and "difficulty" to mask the fact that GameFreak can't write an intelligent competitively-minded AI.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I will give you one tip and one tip only: Get used to it.

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
I have a question.
Does your ID number have any influence on shiny pokemon appearing?

It doesn't actually have any influence but some people think it gives them luck by having IDs with repeating numbers.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I have to give a 3-5 minute informative speech for one of my fluff classes at school on something I know well enough to give a speech on. It is basically just practice before the real speeches later in the semester. I've decided I'm going to do it on the basics of how EV training works. I'm looking for a picture like this, but for BW. I don't care what Pokemon it is or what level or what the stats are, just a picture showing the stats page for a Pokemon in BW. Preferably taken from an emulator and not a crappy cell-phone-to-the-screen version like you'd get with a DS.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Like this?

[IMG200]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/pokestatsscreenshot.png[/IMG200]

Emboar doesn't really belong there, but I figured it was better than having the bulky two pictures, one of which is moves that aren't important for EVs.

EDIT: If someone can tell me how to make that bigger, I'd appreciate it.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
I have to give a 3-5 minute informative speech for one of my fluff classes at school on something I know well enough to give a speech on. It is basically just practice before the real speeches later in the semester. I've decided I'm going to do it on the basics of how EV training works. I'm looking for a picture like this, but for BW. I don't care what Pokemon it is or what level or what the stats are, just a picture showing the stats page for a Pokemon in BW. Preferably taken from an emulator and not a crappy cell-phone-to-the-screen version like you'd get with a DS.

What grade are you in dude?

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Like this?

[IMG200]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/pokestatsscreenshot.png[/IMG200]

Emboar doesn't really belong there, but I figured it was better than having the bulky two pictures, one of which is moves that aren't important for EVs.

EDIT: If someone can tell me how to make that bigger, I'd appreciate it.

That's perfect; mind if I use it? The size is great too.

What grade are you in dude?
I'm second semester in college. Like I said, fluff class.