• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
I'm kind of dying for this aswer, please help

Q:

will a Riolu (A) which evolved into Lucario at level 5, have better Stats when it reaches level 100, then a Riolu (B) that evolved into Lucario at only Level 20 (when it reaches level 100)??

___

I know, that the (A) Lucario stats rise faster, if it evolved early and by level 20, it will have better Stats then the Lucario (B), who only evolved at level 20,... but in the end, if both have the same IVs (DVs) wont they have the same stats at level 100?? ....like (B) Lucario will have better Stat growth from level 20-100, and catch up??

(if not taking EVs into consideration resp. if both had the same EV training, and both have the same IVs (DVs)...)

please only answers if you're 100% sure... (I had some mixed answers last time, really need to know for sure).. thanx in advance :)

EDIT:

I found this answers, but I'm not sure, if he ment the same thing

You can evolve your pokemon at any time. There's no effect in evolving pokemon while competitively training it aside from that fact that it's stats grow significantly afterwards.

Hope that helped.

"aside from that fact that it's stats grow significantly afterwards".. (?)....,

Stat grows significantly when evolved? so Lucario (A) will have better Stats then Lucario (B), when they're both Level 100??

or it catches up (grow significantly afterwards), if evolved later, and the Lucario (B) will catch up later to Lucario (A), and they'll have the same Stats at Level 100??

(my Sig playthoughs are for B&W, not for B&W2.., I'll fix'em soon)

Last edited:

Aegon

^ They'll both have the same stats, if trained identically. The latter part of the answer you quoted was referring to the increase in stats a Pokémon receives when it evolves. That's not affected by when it evolves.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
^ They'll both have the same stats, if trained identically. The latter part of the answer you quoted was referring to the increase in stats a Pokémon receives when it evolves. That's not affected by when it evolves.

thanx!!

so it doesn't matter, when it evolves!?

one Riolu evolved at level 5, the other at level 20, if trained identically, they'll both have the same Stats by level 100!? (if they have identical IVs and EVs)

..I'm just asking again, to make sure I understood 100%..

Pippi

Cool
thanx!!

so it doesn't matter, when it evolves!?

one Riolu evolved at level 5, the other at level 20, if trained identically, they'll both have the same Stats by level 100!? (if they have identical IVs and EVs)

..I'm just asking again, to make sure I undestood 100%..
Yup, you understood.

Classified

Crit Hater
Ive seen several shops that say their pokemon is cloned. I thought serebii rules stated that we cant trade hacked pokemon. Is cloning considered hacking? For example, I have an even genesect that has good ivs. I want to use it for ingame, but dont want it to gain evs and forget moves and all because I want to use it for competitive/trading. If there was a possible way to clone that genesect without or with cheats, would it be considered legit/legal in serebii to trade?

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
@ The Eleventh & Nimburst

THANK YOU!!! :)

(think I'll cry for the rest of the evening.. out of joy.., I can keep/use many of my Pokemon, I used during many playthroughs..., thanx again!)

Ive seen several shops that say their pokemon is cloned. I thought serebii rules stated that we cant trade hacked pokemon. Is cloning considered hacking? For example, I have an even genesect that has good ivs. I want to use it for ingame, but dont want it to gain evs and forget moves and all because I want to use it for competitive/trading. If there was a possible way to clone that genesect without or with cheats, would it be considered legit/legal in serebii to trade?

cloning with a Glitch might not be considers as hacking.. but using AR oder so, might (but I'm not sure)

___
(just have to ask again)

@ Riolu (A) evolves at level 5, Riolu (B) evolves at level 20 => by level 100, they will have the same status...

but what if a Riolu (C) only evolves at level 95?? => there has to be like a "boundry" Level, when you won't be able to "catch up" anymore, right?? that level boundry would be at bout level 50 or 60 (or 70) right??.. thats when most of the latest Pokemon evolve, ..., so a boundry level, when Riolu (C) would have evolve to reache the same status as Riolu (A) and (B) (when they reached level 100), would be like level 60-70??.. but letting Riolu evolve by level 95 would be bad, but not by like level 70, right??

Last edited:

randomspot555

Ive seen several shops that say their pokemon is cloned. I thought serebii rules stated that we cant trade hacked pokemon. Is cloning considered hacking?

Just because there are rules does not make all hacked or illegal Pokemon magically disappear nor does it prevent people from trading them. If you want specific guidance on SPPF's cloning policies (I honestly don't know because I don't trade), contact a trade forum mod.

The only way to know a Pokemon is 100% legitimate is if you personally caught it/hatched the egg/personally attended the event. If you didn't do those, there is always the possibility of getting a legal, well done hack.

GENERALLY, and I'm not speaking to SPPF but just Pokemon trading communities as a whole, within the trading community, it is okay to clone, especially in the case of event Pokemon. People collect IVs, natures, different characteristics, different dates, all sorts of jazz. Otherwise, without cloning, these people would never be able to "build up" their collection.

IMO I wouldn't waste time trading unless you're just trading for fun or dex completion. Between RNG abuse and how ridiculously easy breeding for natures, IVs, and shineniess has gotten (yes, even outside of RNG abuse, it has gotten much easier in Gen 5), trading just isn't necessary any more to obtain good Pokemon.

Aegon

(just have to ask again)

@ Riolu (A) evolves at level 5, Riolu (B) evolves at level 20 => by level 100, they will have the same status...

but what if a Riolu (C) only evolves at level 95?? => there has to be like a "boundry" Level, when you won't be able to "catch up" anymore, right?? that level boundry would be at bout level 50 or 60 (or 70) right??.. thats when most of the latest Pokemon evolve, ..., so a boundry level, when Riolu (C) would have evolve to reache the same status as Riolu (A) and (B) (when they reached level 100), would be like level 60-70??.. but letting Riolu evolve by level 95 would be bad, but not by like level 70, right??
There is no "boundary level". It does not matter when the Pokémon evolves, as long as it evolves. That's all there is to it.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
EDIT:

@ The Eleventh

thanx :) ... again..

(it's almost hard to imagine,...so Riolu would catch up to Lucario, even if Riolu levels up till level 99, and only evolves into Lucario at level 99, then that Lucario would'd have a massiv (!) status growth at from level 99 =>100, if he's going to have the same Stats as a Riolu, who evovled at level 5 and leved up the rest of the 95 level as Lucario....)

Last edited:

Dangertrout

I dont' want to bug, and I believe The Eleventh & Nimburst (just want to know the boundry of evolving Pokemon for sure..)

but what if a Riolu (C) only evolves at level 95??

=> there has to be like a "boundry" Level, when you won't be able to "catch up" anymore, right?? that level boundry would be at bout level 50 or 60 (or 70) right??.. thats when most of the latest Pokemon evolve...

so a boundry level, when Riolu (C) would have evolve to reache the same status as Riolu (A) and (B) (when they reached level 100), would be like level 60-70??..

but letting Riolu evolve by level 95 would be bad, but not by like level 70 (or 60), right??

the stats will still be the same. no matter when you choose to evolve it the stats will be the same.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
Thanx again!!!

I sooooo happy, that it doesn't matter, when the Pokemon evolves (don't have to worry about any Pokemon any more :)..)

I'm sorry if I sounded insecure.., it juste at first seemd hard to imagine at first (that the other Riolu would then have like +90 Attack and +60 Speed growth from one single level up, ..level 99 to 100),
never saw more the +5 growth, that's why I was like "afraid" (to good to be true "fear"..)

during the playthrough you profit more from "early" evolving, but for the training and battle Pokemon, it doens't matter..

....I'm going to use a Pikachu next time, without evolving it during a playthrough (want a Pikachu in the "hall of fame", when defeating the champ)....., and only evolve it afterward that for battles.;....

if you catch a Pikachu with good IVs, you dont have to worry, that you have to evolve it soon and you don't have to hatch Pokmone and evolve them as soon as possible either..., ... I wasted so much time with hatching, trying to evolve them as early a possible,.. (..and gave up on some caught ones (with good IVs), which now have a 2nd chance)

the way I train and use many pokemon has just changed drastically.., it's like letting a weight off your shoulders...

Last edited:

randomspot555

Thanx again!!
I'm sorry if I sounded insecure.., it juste at first seemd hard to imagine at first (that the other Riolu would then have like +90 Attack and +60 Speed growth from one single level up, ..level 99 to 100),
never saw more the +5 growth, that's why I was like "afraid" (to good to be true "fear"..)

You wouldn't actually see that type of stat growth. A Pokemon levels up, and THEN it evolves. So the stat growth would only be for the species. Then, upon evolution, the stats automatically readjust to the base stats of the new Pokemon species and you don't see a +5 to ATK or whatever like you would when it levels up.

during the playthrough you profit more from "early" evolving, but for the training and battle Pokemon, it doens't matter..

I don't know if you "profit". Pokemon that evolve early, particularly stage 3 evolutions, tend to be helpful early in the game but are harder to use later. Many bug types are like this. Great early game mons, but when you start hitting more Ice types, Flying types, and Rock types, its harder to keep Butterfree or Vespiquen around in your team.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
You wouldn't actually see that type of stat growth. A Pokemon levels up, and THEN it evolves. So the stat growth would only be for the species. Then, upon evolution, the stats automatically readjust to the base stats of the new Pokemon species and you don't see a +5 to ATK or whatever like you would when it levels up.

so you're saying, it does matter!?? (omg...., this is killing me...)

"upon evolution, the stats automatically readjust to the base stats of the new Pokemon species", means that a Lucario (new A), who evolved at level 10 and one that evolved at level 80 (new B), by the time they reach level 100, Lucario (new A) would have has more time to "readjust" ot the base stats of it's specdies, while Luario (new B) wouldn't..

Riolu at Level 99 has an Attack of about (let's say) 240, while the Lucario at level 99 has an Attack of about (let's say) 319 ...., then there is a "level" boundry, where a Lucario wont' have enoght time to reach an Attack fo about 320, if evolved to late??

and would but stuck with an Attack of about 240-260, .. if he had leveled up earlier, he would have reached an Attack of upto 319??..

how much earlier?? so can completely adjust?? (or it does matter afte all, when you evolve a pokemon?? the early the better for the final stats (level 100) doen't matter, all Lucarios (if havin all the same ideal IVS) will reach an Attack of 319)

I think... I don't get it at all anymore :(.. (maybe I'm just tired and have to go to bed and come back toworrow..)

I don't know if you "profit". Pokemon that evolve early, particularly stage 3 evolutions, tend to be helpful early in the game but are harder to use later. Many bug types are like this. Great early game mons, but when you start hitting more Ice types, Flying types, and Rock types, its harder to keep Butterfree or Vespiquen around in your team.

an "not yet"-evolved bug Pokemon, will be very weak in an team.. even Picachu is weak(-ish).. and "not yet"-evolved Pokemon can learn better moves earlier, agree...

seeing Pikachu int he wall of fame woulsd be cool,. but then I use to think, it would be wasting a good potenial Raichu (for VS Battles/final Stats), if not evolved as soon as possilbe..

Dangertrout

wow, you are really overcomplicating this.
let us say you have riolu-a and riolu-b
they both have the same IVs and EVs.
riolu-a evolves at level 20
riolu-b evolves at level 30
when they are both lucarios at level 30 or 40 or 50, etc.. their stats are identical. Doesn't matter when you evolve it, the stats don't change.
what affects stats are IVs (generated when the pokemon is created) and EVs (gained when fighting pokemon), not evolution

(and the base stats don't get "readjusted" over time. the game just evolves the riolu and adds whatever points are missing for it to reach the base stats of a lucario)

Last edited:

randomspot555

Agreed with the above, you are overcomplicating things.

Riolu A and Riolu B have the same IVs, EVs, and nature.

Riolu A evolves at level 30

Riolu B evolves at level 99.

Evolution has no affect at all on IVs and EVs. The only thing it does is it adjusts the stats to the new (mostly higher) base stats of Lucario.

An Adamant Riolu with a 31 IV in Atk, 252 EVs in ATK, and at level 100, is going to have an ATK stat of 262. Its base ATK is 70.

Lucario, with the same assumed nature, IV, and EVs, at level 100, has a base ATK of 110. Its ATK stat would be 350.

TLDR: The time which it evolves has no relevance on its EVs, IVs, or natures (which is what goes into calculating the visible stat you see in a Pokemon's summary).

TheGreaterLucario

Egg-Hatching: Soft-Resetable or Not?

Greeting everyone here on the Serebii Forums! Newcomer TheGreaterLucario here with a question on egg-hatching: are the contents of the Egg decided once you get the Egg (i.e. Shiny or Not) or can you soft-reset to get the certain trait you need (i.e. Shininess, specific Gender)?

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I'm fairly certain they're set once you get the egg.

zozo

SLIMED!
1) For future questions, try here. This is where quick Pokemon questions always go so that we don't clutter up the forum too much.

2a) In Gen V, the traits of the egg are set as soon as you receive the egg from the Daycare man. However, if you save just before taking the egg you can soft reset for gender/shininess/etc.

2b) Prior to Gen V, the gender, nature, and ability of the Pokemon would be set the instant the egg was generated, i.e., the moment that the Daycare man indicates that he has an egg for you. However, the IVs and shininess are not. So you'd be able to save in front of the Daycare man to "lock in" to an egg with the right gender, nature, and ability, then soft reset to get the right IVs or shininess. If you want to SR for different natures, you have to save sometime before the Daycare man gets an egg, and go through the whole process of generate-receive-hatch-check every time to get what you want.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
When you get the egg, the IVs, Nature, Gender and Ability are already set. But if you wanted to, you could save before you get the egg and SR after it hatches, however this is probably more inefficient than hatching the real way.

Floette

Fennekin
This is more of a question (see Pokemon Questions Thread above). But eggs are determined upon the moment of claiming them. So you cannot take an egg and soft reset for varying natures/IV's/shininess.