• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Aquanova

I don't know if this has been asked, but if you breed ditto(not shiny) with a shiny pokemon, would there be a higher chance of a shiny?

Is the shiny foreign? if not no. Breeding a shiny with a regular pokemon doesnot increase your chances on getting another shiny, if the shiny is a forign pokemon then the odds are raised to about 1/2000 something

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I hope this is were my question belongs......

So a few weeks ago I pre-orderred Black from GameStop, and it should be coming in tomarrow... but as I was thinking about it I started to wonder if I need the reciept, as I'm 99% positive I threw it away. So pretty much I'm wonderring if my name is on some list, or if I need the reciept.

When you pre-ordered your game, they should have asked you for your name and phone number, and possibly address. If all went as it should, you should be able to give them this information, and they can confirm that you have a copy reserved.

They tell you to keep the reciept because it's much easier for them if you just have it to hand over.

magikot

If a pokemon with egg move/s added in HG/SS Is transfered to D/P/Pt,It can cause the game to being damaged?

Highly doubtful. The only way to learn Dark Pulse on Hydreigon is to transfer a male Arbok or Gyarados that learned it from a 4th gen TM to B/W and then breed it with a female of the Hydreigon line.

Same with getting Leech Seed and Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn. You need to transfer a male of the Turtwig family that learned Leech Seed from level up and SR from TM in a 4th gen game to B/W to breed with a female ferrothorn.

Any move that can be learned as level up or TM can be bred onto an egg in 4th gen. I don't see any way in which this would damage the 5th gen cart.

Ryuken

Steel User
No, self induced status will not be passed to other pokemon, sadly...

Nya

I'm brand new so if this question dosen't belong here, I'm sorry....

I just got my copy of Black today. Can I send over a pokemon from Diamond holding an item, like ExpShare or LuckyEgg?

Also, I learned late into Diamond that I can train Pokemon to pick up specific EVs... does it go without saying the same will be in Black & White? (Yes, I'm that stupid when it comes to Pokemon...I'm sorry!)

Last edited:

randomspot555

What is a Haxor?

It's internet jargon. Probably referring someone to allegedly hacks their Pokemon with external devices

I'm brand new so if this question dosen't belong here, I'm sorry....

I just got my copy of Black today. Can I send over a pokemon from Diamond holding an item, like ExpShare or LuckyEgg?

Also, I learned late into Diamond that I can train Pokemon to pick up specific EVs... does it go without saying the same will be in Black & White? (Yes, I'm that stupid when it comes to Pokemon...I'm sorry!)

No. Pokemon cannot hold items when being transferred. The TM system was completely re-done, so some TMs in Gen 3/4 aren't TMs anymore in Gen 5.

Yes, the EV system is still the same as it was in Gen III and IV. The difference is that now level 100 Pokemon can be fully EV trained as well.

BlazingCold

Do you think Blaziken is that good STAT wise?

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
Can you transfer the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger to Heartgold/Soulsilver?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Can you transfer the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger to Heartgold/Soulsilver?

Well, if you're talking about the first Ranger game, I think the egg can only be sent to DPPt, which is what it says here.

But then if you look here, it says that Manaphy can be "received from Pokemon Ranger" in HGSS. I think, though, that this just means that you can trade the Manaphy from DPPt to HGSS, because IIRC, the first ranger game says that Manaphy has to hatch in Sinnoh. So I would say that you should transfer the egg to DPPt, hatch it, then trade to HGSS.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I may be a bit late to this, but...

I just got my White Version today (American) and I got up to the first gym leader. I saved right before I battled him, and afterwards, I was dragged into the Dream lot to collect dream mist and battle the Plasma grunts and whatnot. Needless to say, I neglected to save my game. After all that, I was given the C-Gear as expected, and I decided to turn it on and see what in the world it did.

But nothing happened! It just stayed on the connecting screen, and never did anything. I couldn't turn it off, so basically, I was stuck there. So, I had to soft reset and do all of that over again, without making the mistake of forgetting to save this time.

So, I'm just curious, what in the world happened with my C-Gear?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Where do you have to go to get to Lostlorn Forest?

Lenny819

Tangelossus
Today while playing the new pokemon I came across and caught a Audino. It's the Chancey replacement. Bulbapedia says its rare but then again they have pikachu rare in heartgold . How rare do you think it actually is?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Where do you have to go to get to Lostlorn Forest?

Go to Nimbasa City and take the northeast exit which leads to Route 16, which is were you can finc the entrance to the forest.

Lenny819 said:
Today while playing the new pokemon I came across and caught a Audino. It's the Chancey replacement. Bulbapedia says its rare but then again they have pikachu rare in heartgold . How rare do you think it actually is?

They're actually very common when you find shaking patches of grass in the areas in which they can be found. They are the only Pokemon I have ever found in shaking grass, really.

Last edited: