• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Enjolras

Master of the House
By flee, in terms of the GTS, do you mean it just leaves? Do you get something in return?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What is a flashcart? I heard you can back up files on this but how?
Are ROMS and emulators the same thing?
How would you go about file trading? Why would you want to?

That's the kinda stuff that I want to know...

Please note that I don't want to download any third party stuff...

You're asking about flashcarts, ROMs, and emulators, but don't want third party stuff?

Hate to break it to you, but all of those fall under the category of third party stuff. Nintendo doesn't sanction any of it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
When Celio fixes the Network machine, does he mention anything about connecting with Lanette in paritcular?

Ausgirl

You're asking about flashcarts, ROMs, and emulators, but don't want third party stuff?

Hate to break it to you, but all of those fall under the category of third party stuff. Nintendo doesn't sanction any of it.

I asked because I simply want to know what they are, not because I want to use them. I know Nintendo doesn't sanction any of it

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
When Celio fixes the Network machine, does he mention anything about connecting with Lanette in paritcular?

If I remember my LeafGreen cartridge correctly, he does mention Lanette after fixing the machine. You would also be able to learn (from either Celio or Bill himself) that Lanette was the one who upgraded Bill's system from the text-based version from the last two generations to the graphical version in that generation.

cmpunk1

Any particular reason that Gold and Silver allows you to go between two different regions but no others games do despite the increase in cartridge capacity?

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Any particular reason that Gold and Silver allows you to go between two different regions but no others games do despite the increase in cartridge capacity?

Kanto and Johto were regions that were right next to each other, and Gold/Silver/Crystal offered some closure to some of the loose ended storylines from 1st gen (EG, what happened to Giovanni, what happened to Blue.)

cmpunk1

Is there a reason they haven't done it in any other games? It was nice to be able to compete for 16 badges.

I think Kanto and a link to Unova would be great.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Because they have no reason to shoehorn a watered-down husk of a second region into a game that already has a focus, when they can give that region its own game and reap the sales benefits from that.

randomspot555

Is there a reason they haven't done it in any other games? It was nice to be able to compete for 16 badges.

I think Kanto and a link to Unova would be great.

I don't think you actually played any of the games. If you did, you'd know Unova is a separate region and very far away from the others.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is it just me, or that on bw's generation the theme of the current bad team on duty is really stupid? I've just reached the league on my 1st walkthrough of b (and as you probably guessed, i do not watch the tv series) and as i continued in marching on through the story, their vision never became clearer nor cleverer to me in any ways.

Or maybe i didn't get it right? Their theme is to steal all the world pokes from their owners, releases them, and then what...? It's like they're starting with a typical act, plan to be done by the past gens groups aswell, who as far as i'm concerened had a very simple vision to be guided by, but then they come up with a sort of complication to the idea? I dunno. It's really stupid in my opinion

Last edited:

cmpunk1

So the reason it couldn't work is because its "very far away"......? So the premise of Pokemon is totally believable to going somewhere that is "very far away" isn't . Surely there could be many ways they could incorporate it.

randomspot555

Is it just me, or that on bw's generation the theme of the current bad team on duty is really stupid? I've just reached the league on my 1st walkthrough of b (and as you probably guessed, i do not watch the tv series) and as i continued in marching on through the story, their vision never became clearer nor cleverer to me in any ways.

Or maybe i didn't get it right? Their theme is to steal all the world pokes from their owners, releases them, and then what...? It's like they're starting with a typical act, plan to be done by the past gens groups aswell, who as far as i'm concerened had a very simple vision to be guided by, but then they come up with a sort of complication to the idea? I dunno. It's really stupid in my opinion

The releasing all Pokemon from their owners was just a front so Ghetsis could own the Pokemon himself and rule Unova.

This is all said pretty explictly.

Enjolras

Master of the House
The reason that we were able to go from Kanto to Johto so easily was because they were right next to each other. Unova could be on the other side of the world, for all we know.

randomspot555

So the reason it couldn't work is because its "very far away"......? So the premise of Pokemon is totally believable to going somewhere that is "very far away" isn't . Surely there could be many ways they could incorporate it.

Pokemon Airport.

Each game focuses on a region. Not two regions. Not a zillion. One. The only reason another region has been included is because it is directly connected to it, both in terms of geography and plot.

For better or for worse, Pokemon isn't your personal fan-fic and there will never be a "all regions in one game" garbage or whatever. If you want to play another region, go pick up the game of that region and play it. The one time another region was included, your team of Pokemon is so vastly leveled, having taken on the E4 and Champion, that the lower leveled Pokemon in Kanto weren't even close to a match. So not only is there no plot-reason to connect regions, but it doesn't add much of a challenge to the game either.

Unova was intentionally designed to be isolated from the rest of the PokeWorld. I'm sorry you seemed to have skipped the several characters saying as such in the game, but it is true. For you to be surprised that it is seems that maybe you should play something else. Perhaps Pokemon isn't your thing.

cmpunk1

Each game focuses on a region. Not two regions. Not a zillion. One. The only reason another region has been included is because it is directly connected to it, both in terms of geography and plot.

For better or for worse, Pokemon isn't your personal fan-fic and there will never be a "all regions in one game" garbage or whatever. If you want to play another region, go pick up the game of that region and play it. The one time another region was included, your team of Pokemon is so vastly leveled, having taken on the E4 and Champion, that the lower leveled Pokemon in Kanto weren't even close to a match. So not only is there no plot-reason to connect regions, but it doesn't add much of a challenge to the game either.

Unova was intentionally designed to be isolated from the rest of the PokeWorld. I'm sorry you seemed to have skipped the several characters saying as such in the game, but it is true. For you to be surprised that it is seems that maybe you should play something else. Perhaps Pokemon isn't your thing.

I have been a long term reader of this forum and must declare on the large that this forum is full of nice posters who are helpful.

You on the other hand ( and this comes from reading many of your replies to other members) are without doubt conceited, snotty and confrontational. Consistently meeting so many posters questions and answers with a combination of demeaning comments which reek of, if you don't think the same way I do then Im going to talk down to you.

Fortunately your attitude is only a small small part of this forum.

Of all the themes and concepts that run through the games of Pokemon you struggle with the basic concept that something is "far away", surely and easy factor to get around would they ever decide to combine the two regions.

We are all fans who share different thoughts , wishes and opinions on the product thats what makes the world a great place because if we all shared the same thoughts and opinions the world would be a boring place. You instead meet adversity with negativity and arrogance.

I dont understand why its so difficult to understand why someone should want that concept to become a reality. Surely it would be an interesting concept to return to were it all started and try our abilities as trainers in different regions obtaining more badges at different gyms.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I have been a long term reader of this forum and must declare on the large that this forum is full of nice posters who are helpful.

Then you clearly haven't been to the OVGB we were so mean and nasty that we killed the old mod and we went wild.

You on the other hand ( and this comes from reading many of your replies to other members) are without doubt conceited, snotty and confrontational. Consistently meeting so many posters questions and answers with a combination of demeaning comments which reek of, if you don't think the same way I do then Im going to talk down to you.

Fortunately your attitude is only a small small part of this forum.

Of all the themes and concepts that run through the games of Pokemon you struggle with the basic concept that something is "far away", surely and easy factor to get around would they ever decide to combine the two regions.

We are all fans who share different thoughts , wishes and opinions on the product thats what makes the world a great place because if we all shared the same thoughts and opinions the world would be a boring place. You instead meet adversity with negativity and arrogance.

I dont understand why its so difficult to understand why someone should want that concept to become a reality. Surely it would be an interesting concept to return to were it all started and try our abilities as trainers in different regions obtaining more badges at different gyms.

All I get is that you are just upset because randomspot555 gave a reasonable explanation why having two regions in a Pokémon game will never happen again.

It was terribly done in gen 2 and it was terribly done in gen 2 remake. Furthermore Black and White 2 showed that it was possible to rebattle the gym leader of the other region without having to travel to the other region.

cmpunk1

Then you clearly haven't been to the OVGB we were so mean and nasty that we killed the old mod and we went wild.

All I get is that you are just upset because randomspot555 gave a reasonable explanation why having two regions in a Pokémon game will never happen again.

It was terribly done in gen 2 and it was terribly done in gen 2 remake. Furthermore Black and White 2 showed that it was possible to rebattle the gym leader of the other region without having to travel to the other region.

I agree that the explanation was a goo explanation and probably a reason why it will never happen. Im not upset as there are far more pressing thing to be upset about in life than the regeneration of a fictional region on a computer game. My remarks are a combination of retorts from time after time reading the same ive been on this forum longer then you so therefore my opinion is more important than yours attitude not only to me but to many others and its some what belittling, never the less.

My problem was more the attitude my opinion was received with. I personally would like to see a reemergence of the Kanto region and would like to see the dynamics between the two regions, revisit old locations with a new purpose.

I dont as many don't like been talked down to because simply I don't share the same opinion as someone else and thought it necessary to point this out to the poster because I don't believe they know they are doing this.

Im not saying my opinion is right, important or should be acted on but simply stating I personally would like this feature. That doesn't need cynicism and arrogance.