• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

randomspot555

I have been a long term reader of this forum and must declare on the large that this forum is full of nice posters who are helpful.

You on the other hand ( and this comes from reading many of your replies to other members) are without doubt conceited, snotty and confrontational. Consistently meeting so many posters questions and answers with a combination of demeaning comments which reek of, if you don't think the same way I do then Im going to talk down to you.

If you didn't like the answer of "Unova is a far away region, this is clearly said in the actual game and is clearly a selling point when they designed and promoted the game", then your issue is with Game Freak. Go complain to them.

Seriously, slapping another region into BW1 would've made the whole theme of "it's a far away region! No contests! No foreign Pokemon! A fresh, new start with no old characters until the post-game" would've diminished the fresh feeling Game Freak was going for.

Fortunately your attitude is only a small small part of this forum.

Of all the themes and concepts that run through the games of Pokemon you struggle with the basic concept that something is "far away", surely and easy factor to get around would they ever decide to combine the two regions.

And you struggle with the fact that Unova was intentionally designed to be far away for a reason. If you played the games, you might've picked up on this stuff. If you read or watched any number of promotional materials and interviews done for Gen 5, you'd notice a theme too.

We are all fans who share different thoughts , wishes and opinions on the product thats what makes the world a great place because if we all shared the same thoughts and opinions the world would be a boring place. You instead meet adversity with negativity and arrogance.

That's nice. But all opinions aren't equal. And I didn't respond with an opinion. I responded with a fact. That you didn't grasp the fact is not my fault.

I dont understand why its so difficult to understand why someone should want that concept to become a reality. Surely it would be an interesting concept to return to were it all started and try our abilities as trainers in different regions obtaining more badges at different gyms.

Game Freak didn't hire Yakuza to confiscate every single prior Pokemon game when Gen 5 was released. These games all still exist. If you want to play those games, then play them.

It sucks that Gen 5 wasn't your personal fan-fic of a game. It doesn't look like Gen 6 will be either. Rather than wishing Pokemon was your personal fan-fic, you should try embracing Pokemon for what it is. If you can enjoy it on those merits , good for you. If not, maybe you should play something else.

My problem was more the attitude my opinion was received with. I personally would like to see a reemergence of the Kanto region and would like to see the dynamics between the two regions, revisit old locations with a new purpose.

The Kanto region has been present and represented in four of the five generations. If you want to play a Pokemon game with Kanto in it, there's tons of choices.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Pokémon with Sheer Force can make a move stronger if the move has a secondary effect, at the cost of losing the effect. What I am asking is, does Sheer Force increase the power of a flinching move and remove the flinch effect?
Does Sheer Force also remove the self-stat-lowering effect a move can have?

T-Bolt

Electrifying.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
The releasing all Pokemon from their owners was just a front so Ghetsis could own the Pokemon himself and rule Unova.

This is all said pretty explictly.

Do you watch the series? Does it what turn out to be behind that?
There's a sort of a little cave beneath victory road. It's locked by a small size stone which isn't breakable nor movable. Is there anyway to get inside of it?

Mew The Gato

Yes, yes it does. Fox example, if Darmanitan uses Superpower, its Attack and Defense will be lowered by one stage despite Sheer Force.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Does Game Freak really have to release new games and gens on systems that we don't have and probably never will?
It's really annoying and I can't get a 3DS for the upcoming X and Y games. D':

Why would Game Freak create a next gen Pokémon game for a system that is dead? Especially considering you should have know that this was going to happen the moment the 3DS was unenvied.

If you want to play Pokémon X and Y buy a 3DS, if you don't want to buy a 3DS then you forgo the option to play Pokémon X and Y. Not a hard option.

But I'm asking if it negates the flinching effect.

Yes it does.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
If you want to play Pokémon X and Y buy a 3DS, if you don't want to buy a 3DS then you forgo the option to play Pokémon X and Y. Not a hard option.

well, that's not necessarily true. not everyone in this forum has a job, or is old enough to have a job, or has parents/guardians with jobs, or parents/guardians with good jobs. maybe this person wants to get a PS3/XBox 360 game or two that are being released this autumn, so they have a tough choice: that(those) game(s), or X/Y and a 3DS.

however, you have a point. the 2-dimensional DS is last-generarion platform. so whoever likes handheld gaming, I suggest you get a 3DS whenever it's economically possible for you

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
How would I go about obtaining a Mew or Celebi in the games (platinum)? and is that even possible?

those are event Pokémon, so you missed your chance. and I'm not sure if they'll ever be offered to Pokémon gamers in the future, either. your best option IMO I guess would be trade forums or GTS. but you'll need a good Pokemon to offer to get a Mew or Celebi via trade

Enjolras

Master of the House
In Ruby/Sapphire, there are a couple houses that have a door in the back and a plant blocking that door. Was there some planned feature using those doors that was cut at the last moment?

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Does Game Freak really have to release new games and gens on systems that we don't have and probably never will?
It's really annoying and I can't get a 3DS for the upcoming X and Y games. D':

2002: "Why is GameFreak putting out these new 'Ruby and Sapphire' games on the Game Boy Advance? What was wrong with the Game Boy Color? Gold and Silver looked fine!"
2006: "WTF? Pokemon was only on GBA for one generation! Why is Game Freak already moving to this newfangled DS? Goddamn Nintendo, money grubbers."
2013: "Does Game Freak really have to release next generation games on Nintendo's next generation console? Can't we keep improving without having to actually give anything back to those who are innovating?"
2020: "You kids and your holographic Pogeymans. Back in my day, we had 2-bits of color and we liked it!"

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
In Ruby/Sapphire, there are a couple houses that have a door in the back and a plant blocking that door. Was there some planned feature using those doors that was cut at the last moment?

It's intended for e-Reader battles.

randomspot555

How would I go about obtaining a Mew or Celebi in the games (platinum)? and is that even possible?

There won't be a Pokemon event for a game that is several years old from the prior generation.

If you want Mew and don't want to wait for the chance of an event, you can buy Pokemon Ranch on the Wii shop, and with Diamond/Pearl, deposit 1000 Pokemon (eggs count) in. After you hit 1000, Haley will offer you a Mew in return for any egg.

Celebi is an event Pokemon. It was last distributed during HG/SS release.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Does the move foul play works the same as punishment, or the first one's based on the target's atk stat itself and not on any buffs it's been strengthened with (and btw, does any kind of buff increases punishment's power or just atk and satk ones?) ?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does the move foul play works the same as punishment, or the first one's based on the target's atk stat itself and not on any buffs it's been strengthened with (and btw, does any kind of buff increases punishment's power or just atk and satk ones?) ?

The two moves work entirely differently.

Punishment has an initial base power of 60, and increases by 20 for each stage of buffs that a Pokemon has in any stats (beyond just offensive stats, but not including accuracy and evasion). The base power of Punishment caps at 200; debuffs of any kind are not factored in.

Foul Play always has a base power of 95, but the attack deals damage based off the opponent's Attack stat rather than the user's. Stat de/buffs are calculated from the opponent, but other de/buffs (from status, items, or Abilities) come from the user.

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!

foul play is defined by serebii as this

The user turns the target's power against it. The higher the target's Attack stat, the greater the damage.

the difference between this and Punishment is:
1) Foul Play is affected by the foe's attack, whether it's been altered or not; that's not the case for Punishment
2) Punishment increases in power for the stat boost of any of your foe's stats. for example, if your foe uses Ancientpower, then all (total of 5) of its stats increase, meaning Punishment's power will increase by 100 (20 for each increase)
3) the base power of Foul Play is 95; the base power of Punishment is 1

Ditto B1tch

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity contains Pokemons of Gen V, but it was designed to 3DS.

Then, is it a game of Gen V or VI?