• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
In black2 mesprit appeared but the sprite (not in battle) is non shiny. Is it still possible to SR so I can get a shiny? Also, is it possible to tell if a pokemon on GTS is legit or not?

randomspot555

In black2 mesprit appeared but the sprite (not in battle) is non shiny. Is it still possible to SR so I can get a shiny? Also, is it possible to tell if a pokemon on GTS is legit or not?
The only way to know a pokemon is legit is to capture it/hatch the egg/attend the event yourself

RoySceptile

Bakaner
How does obtaining a Pokemon from an event work? (Just heard about the Deoxys, don't want to miss out).
Do you go on the Mystery Gift option at the start menu? Never used it before.

Thanks

randomspot555

How does obtaining a Pokemon from an event work? (Just heard about the Deoxys, don't want to miss out).
Do you go on the Mystery Gift option at the start menu? Never used it before.

Thanks

Mystery Gift->Wireless: when you go a physical (often retail) location for an event.
Mystery Gift->Nintendo WFC: Lets you connect to Nintendo WFC through a Wi-Fi hot spot compatible with your Pokemon game and game console.
Mystery Gift->From a Friend: Lets you receive a Wonder Card from a friend (only one Wonder Card, the Plat Japanese Secret Key, has been able to be distributed this way).

In the Deoxy's event, you'd choose the Nintendo WFC option.

Events are also sometimes distributed via Global Link/Dream World accounts.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Mystery Gift->Wireless: when you go a physical (often retail) location for an event.
Mystery Gift->Nintendo WFC: Lets you connect to Nintendo WFC through a Wi-Fi hot spot compatible with your Pokemon game and game console.
Mystery Gift->From a Friend: Lets you receive a Wonder Card from a friend (only one Wonder Card, the Plat Japanese Secret Key, has been able to be distributed this way).

In the Deoxy's event, you'd choose the Nintendo WFC option.

Events are also sometimes distributed via Global Link/Dream World accounts.

Ah, awesome.
Thanks.

Luthor

Ok heres a question if a liepard uses assist with prankster does that mean if an attack move is selected it will hit before a faster pokemon using a normal attack move?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Ok heres a question if a liepard uses assist with prankster does that mean if an attack move is selected it will hit before a faster pokemon using a normal attack move?
If by "normal attack move" you mean a move with 0 priority (i.e., moves like Earthquake and Close Combat) then yes, a Prankster Liepard using Assist will always strike before an opponent using a move like that, regardless of speed or the move Assist chooses.

Kagesama77

Rotom and Other Pokemon who can learn Dream eater but not a sleep inducing move

Does anyone (other than me) find it weird that some pokemon like Rotom for example can learn dream eater but they do not learn a sleep inducing move like hypnosis for dream eater to be effective?

I know this is a sensitive topic on SPPf, but I've been wanting to question this for a while:

Will I get banned from Nintendo Wi-Fi or going online with Pokemon, in any way, shape, or form, by editing my Pokemon with PokeSav or any other tool (the stats will be legit I just want to change EV's and IV's without having to grind so much)?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Will I get banned from Nintendo Wi-Fi or going online with Pokemon, in any way, shape, or form, by editing my Pokemon with PokeSav or any other tool (the stats will be legit I just want to change EV's and IV's without having to grind so much)?

Nah, you'll probably be fine if it's a legal hack.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Exactly. Especially in Double Battle, it is very pratice. The Pokémon cannot directly put asleep the opponent, but another one or an ability (Effect Spore), however, can. I can easily be a tricky move if you have the strategy for.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I know that Hidden Grotto Pokemon can't be shiny, but can their gender vary if your soft-reset? The level changes, so I assume it will. I say this because I'm trying to get a female Combee

randomspot555

I know this is a sensitive topic on SPPf, but I've been wanting to question this for a while:

If or not Nintendo has the ability to ban from NWFC, and what the process is of banning someone, isn't something anyone here would know about. You should probably ask Nintendo.

(I doubt they'll answer)

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Personally, I find it weirder that Rotom can learn Dream Eater in the first place. Yeah, it's a ghost type, but last I checked, televisions and lawn mowers didn't dream. It makes sense on Pokemon like Drowzee and Gengar who are known for human interaction, but I seriously hope that my oven isn't fantasizing about me in its sleep...

As said above, though, there are methods of putting Pokemon to sleep by using abilities or other Pokemon. What if you, say, are fighting a Pokemon that tends to spam Rest? It's still not the most practical move in the world, but it's not useless.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Weird as it may seem, but I find it useful against Pokémon who kept spamming rest. That would make them pay the price of having to heal up, except when they're holding Chesto Berries. But still...

golduck#1

You have other Pokemon to put the opponent to sleep?

He was pointing the the stupidity or even irony. It was like Electrode not having an electric attack level up move until fr/lg/r/s/e. However I don't think it's weird. Some ghosts are of just different levels, like not all ghosts can do the same as eachother. Well atleast that is how I imagine it.

Luthor

If by "normal attack move" you mean a move with 0 priority (i.e., moves like Earthquake and Close Combat) then yes, a Prankster Liepard using Assist will always strike before an opponent using a move like that, regardless of speed or the move Assist chooses.

Ok cool. That's precisely what I wanted know.