• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Alright, thanks for the answers you two! That really helped! :D

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Both are viable. However Bicycle is recommended because it is faster, thereby increasing steps, making it easier.

Sure, thx. In a single battle, pokemon a lowers pokemon b's defense stat, and then it faints (a). would the next pokemon that were sent out to fight against pokemon b enjoy the benefits of its enemy's having a loss of one stage in its def stat, or not?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Sure, thx. In a single battle, pokemon a lowers pokemon b's defense stat, and then it faints (a). would the next pokemon that were sent out to fight against pokemon b enjoy the benefits of its enemy's having a loss of one stage in its def stat, or not?

Yes, yes it would. As long as it doesn't switch out (pokemon b).

Last edited:

Houka

Ah right, thanks for your help :D

I would actually advise to get a Pokemon with Thief and just used that to steal the item instead of catching a bunch of worthless Lovedisc. Combine that with a Pokemoin with Compound eyes, it will make the process go by that much faster.

Right. Can i hook up a tentacool fishing near the day-care below goldenrod city on hgss if i use an old rod?

Just surf there for a bit and a Tentacool will pop up. If you don't have surf I think a good rod might but surfing is really the best way to go.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Right. Can i hook up a tentacool fishing near the day-care below goldenrod city on hgss if i use an old rod?

I've actually captured a level 10 tentacool in cherrybrook city using the old rod. And a lvl 10 shelders in New bark town , no lie. I think its based on luck and you have to be patient.

NoNotJames

Infinite
Question: I have two pokemon, male and female, both I got from a trade from 2 different French people (I have an english game)..but one of them has a Japanese name (implying it's originally from a Japanese game). If I put them together in the daycare, is that still considered as Masuda Method? I'm new to shiny hunting and I just got my shiny charm. I've hatched 120 eggs so far, but just making sure if what I've been doing was right.

Aegon

Question: I have two pokemon, male and female, both I got from a trade from 2 different French people (I have an english game)..but one of them has a Japanese name (implying it's originally from a Japanese game). If I put them together in the daycare, is that still considered as Masuda Method? I'm new to shiny hunting and I just got my shiny charm. I've hatched 120 eggs so far, but just making sure if what I've been doing was right.
As long as the two Pokémon are of differing nationalities, the Masuda Method comes into effect. That's the only requirement.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Yes, they will.

Masuda Method checks for the language of the game the Pokemon originates from, the people who gave the Pokemon away does not matter.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I would actually advise to get a Pokemon with Thief and just used that to steal the item instead of catching a bunch of worthless Lovedisc. Combine that with a Pokemoin with Compound eyes, it will make the process go by that much faster.

Just surf there for a bit and a Tentacool will pop up. If you don't have surf I think a good rod might but surfing is really the best way to go.

But a good rod can only be obtained in Kanto can't it? I'm still in the pre-surf part of the game

I've actually captured a level 10 tentacool in cherrybrook city using the old rod. And a lvl 10 shelders in New bark town , no lie. I think its based on luck and you have to be patient.

Really? Then I'll give it a shot!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys!
Today, I caught a Yanma, and I wanted to know... If Yanma has learned Ancient Power but doesn't have it in its moveset, can it still evolve, or it has to be in its moveset ?

Aegon

Hi guys!
Today, I caught a Yanma, and I wanted to know... If Yanma has learned Ancient Power but doesn't have it in its moveset, can it still evolve, or it has to be in its moveset ?
It must know the move as it levels up to evolve.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I posted a poll in a club of mine and I don't know how to remove it or change it. Any help?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It must know the move as it levels up to evolve.

Thanks! Guess I'll go catch a already-Yanmega in the wild if I don't want to use an Heart Scale.

ebevan91

Hi guys!

I think it has to be a move it currently knows.

Better get a heart scale ;)

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Hi guys!

I'm pretty sure it has to have Ancient Power in its moveset; I caught mine at level 55 and went to the move re-learner etc.

Can Riolu have Blaze Kick and Vacuum Wave in the same moveset legally?

Leonn

Hello, is there a stat calculator that can tell you if a pokemon is flawless/almost flawless at as low a level as 1-5? ty, i use veekun http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calculator and a lot of times it gives something like 0-31 in a stat(or all)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm pretty sure it has to have Ancient Power in its moveset; I caught mine at level 55 and went to the move re-learner etc.

Can Riolu have Blaze Kick and Vacuum Wave in the same moveset legally?

Thanks!
I'm not sure, but I think it can, it's just chain breeding. Breed a Tyrogue with Vacuum Wave (from an Hitmonchan), evolve it into Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick and breed a Riolu with this one.