• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Yeah, what I meant was two Pokemon are in battle (A and B).
A has whatever ability and B has No Guard
A selects an attack that can miss, B decides to switch, Pokemon C will take Pokemon A's attack instead.
Is Pokemon C guaranteed to be hit? (Assuming types or whatever does't prevent anything)

And you already said it would, so yeah.

If it hit, It would really depend of the Base Accuacy of the move, But no guarantees.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Do the moves heal bell and aromatherapy have the same effect?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Oh. Okay. And besides this little difference, do they both affect the user's party or only the pokes that present in the battlefield the turn they're used?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
It does not cure the active Pokemon's confusion. The other Pokemon do not need healing, as they are in their Pokeballs and switching out cures confusion automatically.

Ofcourse not. I meant for the user's own confusion if exists or for its ally/ies in a double/triple battle

Kacho

You are next.
If a slower Pokemon used assist and it RNG a move with higher priority, would it go first or still after the faster opponent?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If a slower Pokemon used assist and it RNG a move with higher priority, would it go first or still after the faster opponent?

Normally, Moves with Higher priority, such as Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, always goes before most Other Moves. If two moves that are the same priority are used the game will pick the start with your Pokémon's Speed Stat. The RNG adds a Slight Randomness to turn order when two (or More) Pokémon have the similar Speed stats.

If I remember correctly, If the Pokémon using Assist is slower and Gets Moves like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, it will not jump ahead of the Order. But then I could be mistaken.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I have a question. Why is Magnemite number 1 in all three Top 30 lists on the GTS Rankings page? Is Magnemite really the top traded, top desirable and top deposited pokemon in the GTS?

Myrrh

I have a question. Why is Magnemite number 1 in all three Top 30 lists on the GTS Rankings page? Is Magnemite really the top traded, top desirable and top deposited pokemon in the GTS?

A movement of sorts was created when Black/White 2 were released in Japan, people would offer Magnemite in exchange for Magnemite in an effort to quickly gain Join Avenue visitors, since GTS trades bring the trainers over. It caught on elsewhere when the games released internationally. Magnemite appear in an early part of the game, have Magnet Pull in order to make other Magnemite appear more often if using one of your own to battle and catch them, and also can have Sturdy if one wants to risk getting it to 1 HP for capture. A pretty good candidate for a Pokemon to choose for something like this.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
A movement of sorts was created when Black/White 2 were released in Japan, people would offer Magnemite in exchange for Magnemite in an effort to quickly gain Join Avenue visitors, since GTS trades bring the trainers over. It caught on elsewhere when the games released internationally. Magnemite appear in an early part of the game, have Magnet Pull in order to make other Magnemite appear more often if using one of your own to battle and catch them, and also can have Sturdy if one wants to risk getting it to 1 HP for capture. A pretty good candidate for a Pokemon to choose for something like this.

Thanks. I figured there had to be some kind of gimmick that I was unaware of. Magnemite and its evolutions are great, but I couldn't understand what would make it the most desirable pokemon.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death

It is also one of the few Pokemon that can be guaranteed caught in one try with a Quick ball.

Mew The Gato

Normally, Moves with Higher priority, such as Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, always goes before most Other Moves. If two moves that are the same priority are used the game will pick the start with your Pokémon's Speed Stat. The RNG adds a Slight Randomness to turn order when two (or More) Pokémon have the similar Speed stats.

If I remember correctly, If the Pokémon using Assist is slower and Gets Moves like Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, it will not jump ahead of the Order. But then I could be mistaken.

As Assist is affected by Prankster, it leads me to believe that the inverse, a slower Pokemon without Prankster, shall use Assist later as the RNG works later. Wait, I shall go and confirm it for you right now.

Edit: Turns out both of us were correct. I used a Liepard without Prankster against an EV Trained Latias and even checked that Latias was faster by using Calm Mind before. The Liepard only had Smeargle in its team, with Extremespeed. Latias' Dragon Pulse went before Liepard's Assisted Extremespeed.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Does it also cure from confusion?

Considering thatconfusion is healed once switched out anyway, it wouldn't matter much.

But, yes. IIRC the only Major Status Ailment (Poison, Paralysis, Freeze, Sleep, Confusion, Infatuation) it doesn't heal is Infatuation.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why is the 4th Gen hack check thread virtually dead with people who check your Pokemon? Also, what's the fastest way to get saved on mystery dungeon sky? I posted in the save me thread like last year probably and I still haven't been saved. I also joined numerous guilds but still no one who's able to save me.