1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. NO!

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Primal Crusader V

Primal Crusader V Watch some MANime

None of that has been released or confirmed yet. Even so, there are several more days until the games' release, so there should be info on that posted around that time. Or you could just find out for yourself.

2. PsychicsRox

PsychicsRox Well-Known Member

I know it hasn't but there are a LOT of leaks out there which I have been avoiding which I thought might have info on the endgame content.

3. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

QUOTE=varanus_komodoensis;16474365]
    It has been confirmed by Game Freak that Mega Stones are items that can be traded between games. Mega Pokemon are not exclusive to one version. In other words, you can get Mega Charizard X in Pokemon Y if you trade Charizardite X (or whatever it's called) over to Pokemon Y. Read about it here.

Read if you want to know spoilers about whether or not Mega Stones are exclusive to certain versions.[/QUOTE] Okay thanks for confirming. New questions: Firstly, will mega evolutions also have a shiny sprite? Especially mega charizard X who already looks like a shiny charizard. And will Venomoth be able to compete in sky battles as it's not flying type and it doesn't have levitate.

4. Pokemon trainer Black

Pokemon trainer Black All praise Helix!

Okay thanks for confirming. New questions: Firstly, will mega evolutions also have a shiny sprite? Especially mega charizard X who already looks like a shiny charizard. And will Venomoth be able to compete in sky battles as it's not flying type and it doesn't have levitate.[/QUOTE]

Venomoth will be able to compete because it has wings just like.
    Shiny sprites have been confirmed from a screenshot but shiny Mega evos have not.

5. Quantum1024

Quantum1024 Flaming Death

Machop has always had a tail. The only difference is that most earlier games don't show the entire body of the Pokemon, so it is difficult to know if Machop had a tail in the earlier games. If you had read the manga or watched the anime you would notice that Machop has a tail.

6. GoldenSnorlax

GoldenSnorlax Member

Why did they pick Jigglypuff to be in Super Smash out of all the other 150 Pokemon?

7. Pokemon trainer Black

Pokemon trainer Black All praise Helix!

What are dream world female pokemon and whats the big deal about them?

8. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Dream World Pokémon have "hidden" Abilities which are not the same as you can get from most games, the most Common place to find them was via a Global link Website under Pokemon Dream world http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ . Example: when found in the games, Ralts can have Synchronize or Trace as ability, but if you find one Via the Dream world, it has the ability Telepathy.

Female Ralts (and her Evolutions) have a chance to pass down Telepathy to a New Ralts, when breading. Some Pokémon/Ability Combinations are highly desirable in the Battling scene. For example: Vulpix and Ninetales have Drought, which gives Sunny Day effect. Sunny Day Boost Fire type moves and do several other things. Previously Drought was only available on Groudon. Both Ninetales has got more popular in the last few years in Battling.

9. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Just adding that males can't pass down abilities, just so it's clear.

10. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the difference between the XY guide book hardcover vs paperback? Because the hardcover is a lot cheaper on Amazon

11. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

How do I post reputation points for people?

12. Pikakirby

Pikakirby Meowth-Goldwyn-Mayer

It's a 25% chance of finding one (unless that Pokemon is always female). Female Pokemon can pass down hidden Abilities to another Pokemon when bred, which males can't do.

13. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Besides the thickness of the Cover? I don't know.

See the Star under each Persons post. That how you give rep to that post. There are limits such as you need to give another 40 people rep before you can sent to to the same person again, and there is a limit per day you can give.

14. Pokemon Trainer Orange

Pokemon Trainer Orange Pokemon Master

Quick Question.

I'm currently Speed EV Training my Friend's Pichu and something odd is happening.

I gave it the Ankle Brace at Level 1 and Killed off a bunch of Basculen(They give off Speed EV). Now It's a Pikachu at level 51 with a speed of 112. When I remove the Brace, It's speed remains the same. Shouldn't it's speed be at least 200 if I remove it?

I thought Ankle Brace Halfs the speed only if the Pokemon is Holding it...

15. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

When it says that the Power Anklet promotes Speed gain but halves Speed in battle, that doesn't mean that the actual Speed stat is affected. What it means is that it gives you +4 Speed EVs per battle, but while the Pokemon is holding it, it makes the Pokemon half as fast IN BATTLE ONLY. Think of it as the Pokemon is fast when the Power Anklet is off. Then you give it the Power Anklet and it's really heavy, so even though you have a fast Pokemon, it can't use its speed because you're weighing it down while you're training it. Then when you're done training, the Pokemon can use its Speed again.

Basically, the Power Anklet gains you Speed EVs, boosting your Pokemon's Speed stat, but you can't actually use the Speed stat while holding the item. It's like the Lagging Tail. It doesn't change what speed stat you have, but it slows you down.

16. Graz

Graz Member

Firstly the Torchic from wifi. Can I use this gem of a Pokemon from the get go? Or is it post pokemon league only? This is a big deal to me because it's the deciding factor on whether I choose Charizard X or Mega Blastoise.

It does seem weird if you can get it from the get to because near the beginning of the game you can possibly end up with 3 starters from different generations lol.

Another question is in regards to game mechanics. Does Mega Charizard X Mega evolve before stealth rock comes into effect?

17. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

You can use Torchic from start.

Bcause Mega-Evolutions require you to get to the attack menu, which always takes ppace after Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc. Charizard will Mega Evolve after Stealth Rock.

18. Graz

Graz Member

Thank you for answering. I understand that online, you are only allowed 1 mega evolved pokemon in your team of six. Does this apply in game? Or can you have a team of 6 and use all of their mega evolutions in one battle?

19. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

It probably also means In-Game.

20. Floette

Floette Fennekin

My question is more of an opinion one. To spoil or not to spoil? As you probably know, X and Y leaks are all over the web. (and obviously these forums). As I've been on these forums, I've obviously seen some of them. (ie. Pokemon names + types + evolution names) But I haven't seen any actual pictures.

I really want to keep the element of surprise for this Gen, especially because we've never had a worldwide release before and really a unique opportunity to explore a new region not knowing all of the pokemon and such.

I wish leaks hadn't come out at all, it would have taken away the temptation, haha.

Should I peak at the starter evolutions? I guess I'll force myself to stop there. I just wish I hadn't already seen so many type combos and names :/ Does looking at the leaks take away the fun of surprise in the game for you? Did you look and why/why not?