• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
My question is more of an opinion one. To spoil or not to spoil? As you probably know, X and Y leaks are all over the web. (and obviously these forums). As I've been on these forums, I've obviously seen some of them. (ie. Pokemon names + types + evolution names) But I haven't seen any actual pictures.

I really want to keep the element of surprise for this Gen, especially because we've never had a worldwide release before and really a unique opportunity to explore a new region not knowing all of the pokemon and such.

I wish leaks hadn't come out at all, it would have taken away the temptation, haha.

Should I peak at the starter evolutions? I guess I'll force myself to stop there. I just wish I hadn't already seen so many type combos and names :/ Does looking at the leaks take away the fun of surprise in the game for you? Did you look and why/why not?

Well, it it doesn't personally take the fun away from me due to me not actually getting XY until late November, spand in that time period I'll already have gotten into everything from the Pokémon to the Characters to the Music, so yeah, it doesn't really matter much to me.

Knowing the Pokémon will also allow me to create my Team.

I did, however, not look at all the past Pokémon that would be in the game. The only ones I know that weren't officially revelaed being the Surskit line, due to fangasm curiosity.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
My question is more of an opinion one. To spoil or not to spoil? As you probably know, X and Y leaks are all over the web. (and obviously these forums). As I've been on these forums, I've obviously seen some of them. (ie. Pokemon names + types + evolution names) But I haven't seen any actual pictures.

I really want to keep the element of surprise for this Gen, especially because we've never had a worldwide release before and really a unique opportunity to explore a new region not knowing all of the pokemon and such.

I wish leaks hadn't come out at all, it would have taken away the temptation, haha.

Should I peak at the starter evolutions? I guess I'll force myself to stop there. I just wish I hadn't already seen so many type combos and names :/ Does looking at the leaks take away the fun of surprise in the game for you? Did you look and why/why not?

The only Pokemon I have seen are the ones that Serebii has posted over the past few months, plus the final starter evos. I like knowing what my starter is going to evolve into and what type it will be before I choose it, because I don't want to regret my choice. For example, I was thinking about choosing Chespin because he's so adorable, but I absolutely hate his final evolution. That would have been a disappointment for me while playing X and Y to have a final starter evo that I really didn't like.

Other than that, I have managed to avoid seeing any leaks and any new Pokemon that weren't revealed by Game Freak, and I want to keep it that way. This is a brand new Pokemon game, and the first on the 3DS, and I want to try to relive my Red/Blue days by knowing as little as possible about it when I start playing it next Saturday. I'm so excited to finally be going into a game and seeing brand new Pokemon that I've never seen before, ever! It will be great to be able to finally catch Pokemon without knowing how "good" they are or what "tier" they're in, and to just be able to play the game for fun!

MiloticTwins

Why can't I sometimes escape from the wild battle in any Pokémon games?

Do you know the reason I sometimes cannot escape from the wild Pokémon battle in any of the Pokémon games?

randomspot555

Do you know the reason I sometimes cannot escape from the wild Pokémon battle in any of the Pokémon games?

There's a formula for how to determine if you successfully flee. A good chunk of it is how fast your Pokemon is, and if your Pokemon isn't much faster than your opponent, there's a good chance you won't successfully flee.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Are there any hidden items upon the deck of ship aqua on hgss or i should not bother myself about looking for any?

Bla7kCaT

simple question:

does 1 def = 1 hp?

if im being attacked, does the difference 1 def makes equal the difference 1 hp makes?
not taking into account any other effects, or abilities. just raw attacking and defending.

example
i want to try to survive a special attack, i can either add 50 more Special Defense, or 50 more HP, does one help me tank this hail mary hit in question? (not 50 more EV since its not a 1:1 ratio, but 50 more actual stat numbers)

Hasty

Moonside

I looked up the new Pokemon/Mega's leaks, because I was curious! xD
Maybe it is even better if you look at the pictures because some new Pokemon are really an experiment (for example Froakie's last stage)... If you don't like some Pokemon I think you can get used to them faster and don't hate them when the games are out. :) But if you look at the new Pokemon and hate some of them, you could start to love them with some little time (before the games are out)!
I'm so excited to finally be going into a game and seeing brand new Pokemon that I've never seen before, ever! It will be great to be able to finally catch Pokemon without knowing how "good" they are or what "tier" they're in, and to just be able to play the game for fun!
I don't want to spoil it, but there are really few new Pokemon that you haven't seen if you followed the official reveals...
-
-
-
My question:

Is this a known bug?? My story:

I was just on Route 18 in White 2 and battled against Veteran Gina (it was a Triple Battle). She used Donphan, Skarmory and Kingdra. One Pokemon of mine was fainted and another one was an egg... My other four Pokemon were Samurott, Roserade, Zoroark and Unfezant (on the last spot)... I battled her Pokemon with Samurott, Roserade and Zoroark (disguised as Unfezant because of ability). I KO'd her Donphan and she KO'd my Samurott and Roserade. Then I needed to choose the next Pokemon to battle which was only Unfezant that should have worked... But it couldn't pick it and I was then stuck there... I couldn't do anything to continue the game (except restarting my save-file of course).
Was the reason for this because my Zoroark was disguised as Unfezant?? Or, also, because I had that egg? I don't know...

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
-
My question:

Is this a known bug?? My story:

I was just on Route 18 in White 2 and battled against Veteran Gina (it was a Triple Battle). She used Donphan, Skarmory and Kingdra. One Pokemon of mine was fainted and another one was an egg... My other four Pokemon were Samurott, Roserade, Zoroark and Unfezant (on the last spot)... I battled her Pokemon with Samurott, Roserade and Zoroark (disguised as Unfezant because of ability). I KO'd her Donphan and she KO'd my Samurott and Roserade. Then I needed to choose the next Pokemon to battle which was only Unfezant that should have worked... But it couldn't pick it and I was then stuck there... I couldn't do anything to continue the game (except restarting my save-file of course).
Was the reason for this because my Zoroark was disguised as Unfezant?? Or, also, because I had that egg? I don't know...

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
If I remember correctly, you get a Pick your Pokémon, then another Pick screen, to show which Pokemon you want to replace. Its' confusing but actually needed for when you've had two or 3 KO in a single round. It's very confusing.

Hasty

Moonside
If I remember correctly, you get a Pick your Pokémon, then another Pick screen, to show which Pokemon you want to replace. Its' confusing but actually needed for when you've had two or 3 KO in a single round. It's very confusing.
I picked Unfezant of all 6 "boxes" first, then I pressed on the "big box" with Unfezant (to confirm the picked Pokemon) and nothing happened. I tried it like 10 times.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I picked Unfezant of all 6 "boxes" first, then I pressed on the "big box" with Unfezant (to confirm the picked Pokemon) and nothing happened. I tried it like 10 times.

Yeah, this is hard. You have to chose the pokemon that is ko'd first i believe and then pick the pokemon you want to switch it out with.......i think XD

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina

This confused me big time the first time it happenrd to me. Once you pick the first pokemon you want to switch in, then you have to select the fainted pokemon whom you want the new one to replace. Then they will shift, and you can select the second and third the same way.

Hasty

Moonside
Yeah, this is hard. You have to chose the pokemon that is ko'd first i believe and then pick the pokemon you want to switch it out with.......i think XD

This confused me big time the first time it happenrd to me. Once you pick the first pokemon you want to switch in, then you have to select the fainted pokemon whom you want the new one to replace. Then they will shift, and you can select the second and third the same way.

Ok thanks, I will try next time.^^

Griever789

Do shiny dream world ditto's exist? I'm thinking not since you probally can't breed ditto's dreamworld ability since it genderless.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Do shiny dream world ditto's exist? I'm thinking not since you probally can't breed ditto's dreamworld ability since it genderless.

More or less.

You can get Ditto with their DW Ability in the Gian Chasm Hidden Grotto, which have a chane of being Shiny.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
More or less.
You can get Ditto with their DW Ability in the Gian Chasm Hidden Grotto, which have a chane of being Shiny.

Actually no. Grotto Pokemon cannot be shiny.