1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. NO!

32 vote(s)
    65.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Okay thxs for answering :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. avalon3

avalon3 Member

I have a question regarding the GTS in pokemon X (sorry I'm new I dont know where to place this): whenever I try to use it, it always says Connection interrupted even though preliminary tests were successful. Please help me, I really want a charmander and chespin thank you!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. prd797

prd797 Quiet Poster

Is it possible to get multiple copies of mega stones? My game hasn't arrived in the mail yet and obviously I haven't been able to figure out for myself.

4. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Yes.

Mega stones are regular items, you can trade and collect several of them. However, I need to stress that I've not played enough to find out that you can obtain more than one each in a single game.

5. PsychicsRox

PsychicsRox Well-Known Member

Is it possible for the friend safari to have duplicate pokemon? Like for example one friend's gets you Pancham and another friend's safari also has Pancham in it.

6. McPoopyBalls

McPoopyBalls Member

Alright. I've been learning more about game mechanics which led to the conclusion I want to restart my game. Before I do this however, I want to have a couple of questions answered::

1. Do all of your pokemon gain EV points with exp share turned on?
    2. When you switch from pokemon"a" to pokemon "b" in a battle and "b" defeats the wild pokemon, do "a" and "b" both gain EV points or just "a" or just "b"?
    3. Does catching a wild pokemon reward EV points?
    4. I've read about de-raising EV points with a de-vitamin. Is this unlimited or is there a set amount of these vitamins in the game? Or are they only usable "xx" amount of times on the same pokemon?
    5. When can you get those items/potions which reward extra EV points?
    6. How do I determine which stats are good for a certain pokemon? Or do these stats even apply to their moves?
    7. Trainers/NPC's/Gym Leaders do not award EV's, right?
    8. Is there an (easy) way to get all starter pokemons right from the beginning?
    9. Do you get the mystery pokemon again when you restart your game?

7. avalon3

avalon3 Member

question: If you start a new game in pokemon X can you still get a torchic?

8. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

1. Any Pokemon that gains experience gains EVs. Gen 4 and before, level 100 could not add more EVs outside of vitamins. As of Gen 5, they too can gain EVs in battle.
    2. See 1
    3. See 1
    4. Vitamins add EVs, as do Wings. Certain berries reduce EVs.
    5. Consult your favorite website for that info, such as the main page, Bulbapedia, etc...
    6. By looking at a Pokemon's stats and movepool and ability. Again, consult your favorte online dex for that info.
    7. See #1
    8. Trading
    9. If you re-start your game, everything is gone. If there's an event running, of couse you can download i.

9. McPoopyBalls

McPoopyBalls Member

So if I defeat a pokemon which rewards 3 speed points and exp share is turned on, every pokemon in my party gains 3 speed points?

10. randomspot555

Again, see #1.

11. Mew The Gato

Mew The Gato ___________

I used neither, as I clearly remember this happening before.

However, note that simulators like Pokemon Shodown! are completely accurate.

12. Quantum1024

Quantum1024 Flaming Death

You get to choose which dinosaur you get.

13. McPoopyBalls

McPoopyBalls Member

Yes I understood, I was just trying to confirm it once more from someone else because it sounds a bit OP'd.

14. Greenshortz

Greenshortz Member

Can you remove your hat or the hat accessory in pokemon x and y?

15. Lideus

Lideus Member

Ok this intrigued me quite a bit and I am wondering what exactly it was. If you go to the North Boulevard of Lumiose City and go to the building to the left of the Route 14 sign(second floor), upon walking in your screen will go black several times and a girl will appear behind you out of nowhere with what looks like cobwebs on her shirt. She says something like "No, you are not the one" and floats away(yes floats). Could this be a ghost of some sort? 1. Why Lumiose city? 2. Who is it?

16. Nutter t.KK

We don't know how to remove the hat, but you can remove the Hat accessory in any changing room.

17. Azreide

Azreide Member

With the super training minigame in X/Y to give pokemon extra effort values, do these only reflect when they level up, or will their stats slightly increase along with you doing it?

As in, if you max them out int eh super training when they're level 100, you'll never see a difference, and to see the biggest difference, you do it ASAP. Just wondering if I should get on it quick or if their stats upgrade the moment they increase in the super training, or maybe it's hidden stats makingthem stronger, you get my question by now x_x

18. randomspot555

EVs apply the moment you receive them. However, due to the way base stats work, you won't see the full effect in the visible stats until you hit level 100.

19. Azreide

Azreide Member

So you could do all the training when they're at level 100 and it'll be still jsut as effective?

20. Nutter t.KK

Not really. You'll spend more time "resetting" the EVs than Actual EV training. Remember that if you put 100 Evs in a stat you need, you won't need to put it in again. The effect of those EVs will appear over time.

If you got to Level 100, You'd have to Remove any EVs you get already, as any battle experience or EXP shared will give EVs to the Pokémon. In Emerald*, 4th Gen, Black 2 and White 2. This requires you to collect lots of a certain type of berries, and Feed it to the Pokémon. The Berries can be used in Black and White**, but there a few means of collecting them without trading with Black 2 and White 2. This could take days or even WEEKS to collect enough of the correct Berries to "reset" your EVs.

In Black 2 and White 2, certain stores in the Join Avenue can Reduce your EVs and other Stores can Add EVs, but to get to the level when you can use it, weeks may have passed.

Super Training in X & Y can alter EVs, but I've not paid that much attention. I can say It's easier to track EVs.

*Many Emerald carts now have a dead clock battery and you can not obtain many berries, as you can not grow them, or obtain more than a handful of Berries. The Berries are available in all 3rd gen games, but only in very limited quantities, unless the Hoenn game has a working Clock Battery.

**All 5th Gen game used to use the Dream World to collect berries. As of the 1st October, it is not longer possible to register a new game, and the 5th gen Dream world will stop working just before Christmas. Also to note you can not send berries from the 4th to the 5th Gen due to the Item Block when sending Pokémon.