• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
For X & Y: I think it Could take years, or never. Unlike the Previous Generations, they can't look at the game code. It may have taken the a few months to work out for the 5th gen games, as they can see what effects what and work out how the game makes the Seed. Remember after week in Gen 5 we had a almost complete Pokédex, but in Gen 6 we're still working out base stats and move sets.
Dang, that sucks. Pardon my lack of cracking knowledge, but it's not exactly like previous gens were open source (although one can dream...); how did people "look at the game code?" Even if you could get a binary dump of the executable, it would still be useless without the PDB or whatever Nintendo's proprietary equivalent is.

Gen 5 and older games still are good to RNG in.
Not for Gen 6 Pokemon though. :p And at least until December, we can't send stuff made in the old games forward.

Serebii tells me that the Gyaradosite is up the South East stairs in Couriway Town but I can't find it anywhere please help.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Serebii tells me that the Gyaradosite is up the South East stairs in Couriway Town but I can't find it anywhere please help.

At the top of that staircase, go up, where there's small waterfalls coming down. The stone should be in that area, in front of the waterfalls.

At the top of that staircase, go up, where there's small waterfalls coming down. The stone should be in that area, in front of the waterfalls.

I checked every square in front of the waterfalls and I could not find it

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Does anybody know if there are still any unrealsed Pokemon as many sites have speculated that they're might still be. 69 Pokemon just doesn't seem right.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Does anybody know if there are still any unrealsed Pokemon as many sites have speculated that they're might still be. 69 Pokemon just doesn't seem right.

I think it is only 69, really. The games was released on Saturday and we probably would have any information about new pokemon by now, considering all the sudden unofficial news much before the games was released. Wouldn't we already have some news?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I think it is only 69, really. The games was released on Saturday and we probably would have any information about new pokemon by now, considering all the sudden unofficial news much before the games was released. Wouldn't we already have some news?

Do you know why there's so few Pokemon then?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I'm not sure that we really know why, as none of us are on Game Freak's Pokemon staff. But in my opinion, I think that Game Freak realizes that they have 718 Pokemon now, and that's a lot. They need to keep this franchise alive, as it's one of their most profitable, but at the same time, they can't just keep creating and creating Pokemon, or playing the game will become so overwhelming that it won't be enjoyable anymore. Plus, for each Pokemon they make, that's TONS of programming that they have to do for it. Eventually it'll get too overwhelming for both the players and the programmers.

Fijarebirth

Well time for me to post a question :eek:. How do you get Hidden Abilities for pokemon in x/y? My main reason for asking is for the Male Meowstic Trickster Hidden Ability.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Before Gen VI, we had 649 Pokémon. Which is a lot. There comes a point were it becomes inefficient to produce large quantities of Pokémon all at once. If you ran a small convenience store, and you still had a fair stock of bread, would you call for 50 more loafs or 150? You would most likely call for 50 loafs, since 150 would leave you overstocked.

Plus, there are only so many ways that you can alter the stat, type, and movepool spreads without it becoming either redundant or overpowered. I know that Game Freak still has a ways to go in terms of combinations, but it is a more strategic and productive move in the long run to take their time and save some of those combinations for later Gens. Furthermore, those 649 Pokémon from the first five Gens are still perfectly usable, so why ignore them in favor of unnecessary new Pokémon?

Even further is the fact that having such a large number of Pokémon isn't easy to maintain, as they have to create the models for each and every Pokémon variant in the game (including forms, gender differences, and most of all, Shinies, which alone double the number of models that they have to make), animate them in several different ways for different situations, add Pokédex entries for every one, etc., etc. It takes up a lot of data, and XY were already very full games with loads of other features.

And lastly, there is also the matter of having to come up with names for every new Pokémon while also ensuring that they aren't infringing on any existing trademarks.

(And this is, of course, the point at which mega evolutions come in, as they are a brilliant concept from a production standpoint since they allow Game Freak to circumvent a lot of these issues while still introducing new content.)

Last edited:

BCVM22

What little money it costs them to trademark each name is not a prohibitive factor. They don't have to "acquire" anything.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What little money it costs them to trademark each name is not a prohibitive factor. They don't have to "acquire" anything.

Yeah, I blame that on poor wording and my hazy memory. Turns out that I was thinking of a recent interview in which Masuda said that names are hard to come up with and that they have to make sure that they aren't infringing on any existing rights, but as I said, poor wording and a hazy memory. And any money spent is money spent, no matter how big or little the amount, so it is still at least something that I would consider if I were in their position.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Before Gen VI, we had 649 Pokémon. Which is a lot. There comes a point were it becomes inefficient to produce large quantities of Pokémon all at once. If you ran a small convenience store, and you still had a fair stock of bread, would you call for 50 more loafs or 150? You would most likely call for 50 loafs, since 150 would leave you overstocked.

Plus, there are only so many ways that you can alter the stat, type, and movepool spreads without it becoming either redundant or overpowered. I know that Game Freak still has a ways to go in terms of combinations, but it is a more strategic and productive move in the long run to take their time and save some of those combinations for later Gens. Furthermore, those 649 Pokémon from the first five Gens are still perfectly usable, so why ignore them in favor of unnecessary new Pokémon?

Even further is the fact that having such a large number of Pokémon isn't easy to maintain, as they have to create the models for each and every Pokémon variant in the game (including forms, gender differences, and most of all, Shinies, which alone double the number of models that they have to make), animate them in several different ways for different situations, add Pokédex entries for every one, etc., etc. It takes up a lot of data, and XY were already very full games with loads of other features.

And lastly, there is also the matter of having to come up with names for every new Pokémon while also ensuring that they aren't infringing on any existing trademarks.

(And this is, of course, the point at which mega evolutions come in, as they are a brilliant concept from a production standpoint since they allow Game Freak to circumvent a lot of these issues while still introducing new content.)

Would it be safe to assume then that this will be the last main series Pokemon game with the exception of Pokemon Z which may introduce new Pokemon or forms?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Would it be safe to assume then that this will be the last main series Pokemon game with the exception of Pokemon Z which may introduce new Pokemon or forms?

No, that would not be a safe assumption at all. There is still lots of money to be made, and even if they were to, hypothetically, stop introducing new Pokémon altogether, they could still make new Pokémon games that feature existing Pokémon. As I said, old Pokémon are still perfectly usable, and mega evolutions can expand on older Pokémon and introduce new content while being more-or-less equivalent to Forme changes on a technical basis.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
No, that would not be a safe assumption at all. There is still lots of money to be made, and even if they were to, hypothetically, stop introducing new Pokémon altogether, they could still make new Pokémon games that feature existing Pokémon. As I said, old Pokémon are still perfectly usable, and mega evolutions can expand on older Pokémon and introduce new content while being more-or-less equivalent to Forme changes on a technical basis.

Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES.

I know, and I was saying that, in all likelihood, "Pokémon Z" will not be the last game in the main series. There is no reason to think or worry that it will be, although since Gen IV at the latest, there has always been a number of people who have thought that the then-current games would be the last.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?

Oh dear, that's exactly what he said. They still can make new games featuring older pokemons or remakes.

But I don't think it'll end any soon. For example, Yu-Gi-Oh! could pretty much die at the 5D's, but we still get a lot of new cards and it's just getting more and more better. ZeXal is simply awesome (regarding the TCG at least).
There's a long road for pokemon! As long they keep to introducing new things; such as a new form to play (Double, Triple, Sky battle, things like this) and a better storyline or charismatic characters plus new pokemon, they can keep going. Creativity is out there!

For the number of new pokemons... 69 is included the MegaEvos, right? Or not? It's indeed a low number. But next gen we might get more, I guess. Just remember, Gen II had only 100 new pokemon, and some of them were babies.

Last edited: