• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
For the number of new pokemons... 69 is included the MegaEvos, right? Or not? It's indeed a low number. But next gen we might get more, I guess. Just remember, Gen II had only 100 new pokemon, and some of them were babies.

No, 69 is the number of new Pokémon independent of the mega evolutions. I think that there are 27(?) mega evolutions, so in total, Gen VI has introduced ~96 new "Pokémon." :)

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Like I said, I don't expect them to STOP COMPLETLEY making games, I asked if Pokemon Z will be the last game in the MAIN SERIES. I have no doubt that they will continue to make games in the SIDE SERIES like the mystery dungeon series for example. And on that note, have any plans for a new MD game which includes Gen 6 pokemon been announced/ made yet?

Pokemon is a MASSIVELY popular and profitable franchise, especially in Japan. Japan's Pokemon market makes the profits from the North American market look like pennies. That's why Japan gets more events than we do. The main series games are also the main source of income for the franchise. That said, I think that there is absolutely no way that Game Freak will stop producing main-series Pokemon games until the money stops coming in. Once it ceases being profitable, they will stop producing it. They can make plenty more main-series games using the Pokemon they already have, and just adding new regions, new formes/mechanics (like Mega Evolutions), new types and type combos, and new bad guys to stop. Even if they stopped making new Pokemon, I would definitely still buy the series because I love the concept and the games.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
No, 69 is the number of new Pokémon independent of the mega evolutions. I think that there are 27(?) mega evolutions, so in total, Gen VI has introduced ~96 new "Pokémon." :)

Oh dear, that much? I thought it was 69 counting the MegaEvos. Then well, it wasn't such a low number, you see. 96 is perfectly fine, since MegaEvos are pretty much new pokemon. Also, strange stuff... 69 new pokemon and a total of 96... 69-96 : http://narwhaler.com/original/bk/8/awesomewott-pokemon-awesome-face-bk8fKw.jpg

Klaymen

Hope this is the right thread for this sort of question, just caught a shiny level 30 growlithe from the friend safari with intimidate, it's naive nature so although it gains speed it loses Sp.Def, it's superior iv's in speed and hp. what Evs would be the best to train it in? 252 att, 252 speed, 8? and would the small Sp.Def loss affect it much?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Hasty

Moonside
Does anyone know if flareon finally got a decent physical fire move?
Yes, there was something, another physical Fire move, but I'm not sure anymore what it was...

----
Can you somehow get, say, an offspring of a Kecleon with Body Slam (Gen3 Move Tutor) with the same move (Body Slam) in newer generations?

Is there a way to get "your own"(OT, Trainer ID) Kecleon with Body Slam with newer generations than Gen3?

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Does anyone know if flareon finally got a decent physical fire move?

There always is Fire Fang.

Yes, there was something, another physical Fire move, but I'm not sure anymore what it was...

----
Can you somehow get, say, an offspring of a Kecleon with Body Slam (Gen3 Move Tutor) with the same move (Body Slam) in newer generations?

Is there a way to get "your own"(OT, Trainer ID) Kecleon with Body Slam with newer generations than Gen3?

Body Slam isn't an Egg Move for Kecleon, so no.

Well, technically yes, if you have the ID, SID, OT, and Name exactly the same in all three Games you transfer them through, but that chance is so impossibly slim that you shouldn't really think about that.

Hasty

Moonside
There always is Fire Fang.

Body Slam isn't an Egg Move for Kecleon, so no.

Well, technically yes, if you have the ID, SID, OT, and Name exactly the same in all three Games you transfer them through, but that chance is so impossibly slim that you shouldn't really think about that.

Ok, thanks. That is kinda annoying. <,<

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned

Flame charge.
The other one is flame charge.
Though it also sucks.
Well if Flareon will not get Flare biltz soon it might get overshadowed by Entei.(It is kind of overshadowed already...)
I think they should make a special move eeveelution event collection.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Flame charge.
The other one is flame charge.
Though it also sucks.
Well if Flareon will not get Flare biltz soon it might get overshadowed by Entei.(It is kind of overshadowed already...)
I think they should make a special move eeveelution event collection.

Flame Charge doesn't suck, the Speed boost can be major in Battle outcomes.

Meh, Entei is a Legendary whereas Flareon isn't one and it's only good Stat doesn't have good Moves.

It already is outclassed.

Does anyone know of any decent tragedy fanfics? Beside No Antidote? In the mood for something sad, yo.

Tis might be best asked in the Fanfic Secrion itself, instead of here.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Flame Charge doesn't suck, the Speed boost can be major in Battle outcomes.
True but with 65 base speed the boost might not be enough to outspeed some faster pokemon.
And with Fire fang being more powerful Flame charge might just fail to KO sometimes.
To top that Flareon has average Physical defense and HP so it may not last long.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
True but with 65 base speed the boost might not be enough to outspeed some faster pokemon.
And with Fire fang being more powerful Flame charge might just fail to KO sometimes.
To top that Flareon has average Physical defense and HP so it may not last long.

Oh, wait, no, I meant the Move in general.

On Flareon it's not very useful unless you and your opponent both run a Flareon only Team.

TheGreaterLucario

OK, am I the only one who is pissed that you can only get the Poke Transporter if you download the Poke Bank app (which has an anual membership fee)?

Dakattack

My friend beat the Elite 4 but in the friend safari he only has 2 pokeballs in the 3 slots? (Under "Pokemon that appear") Does that mean I can't catch the 3rd pokemon yet? When will it show up?

Dakattack

OK, am I the only one who is pissed that you can only get the Poke Transporter if you download the Poke Bank app (which has an anual membership fee)?

Well they have a free trial I thought. It's kind of a package deal anyway, being that Poke Transporter is only transporting them to the bank anyway, not your X or Y game. You then need to take the Pokemon from the bank and put them on you X and Y game to make a full transfer. So it would be silly to only have Poke Transporter, because you would have no where to transport your Pokemon to!

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
So does anyone know what happens if you breed one Pokemon with a Destiny Knot and another with a Power item for IV purposes?

I don't think that the Destiny Knot does anything, but with a Power item, the bred Pokemon will inherit the IV of the parent for whichever power item it holds.

TheGreaterLucario

Well they have a free trial I thought. It's kind of a package deal anyway, being that Poke Transporter is only transporting them to the bank anyway, not your X or Y game. You then need to take the Pokemon from the bank and put them on you X and Y game to make a full transfer. So it would be silly to only have Poke Transporter, because you would have no where to transport your Pokemon to!

Which is another (well, really the only) thing that irks me about X and Y: The lack of a Poke Transfer type thing so those with Pokemon on Black 2/White 2/Black/ White could transfer them over to X and Y. I know that's basically what Poke Transporter is supposed to be when paired with Pokebank, but I just hate it that we basically have to pay an annual fee if we want to transfer our old Pokemon. Could they not have put a Poke Transfer-esque feature in-game?