• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hello, I have a really awkward question but I hope someone knows about it. I remember hearing the background music tracks used in the anime on YouTube several years ago and they were from a CD named Pocket Monsters Sound Anime Collection that contains background music. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an updated version of the CD and maybe it's name since I'm very much interested in buying it for the sake of nostalgia :)

pkmn12

Born in Sinnoh
Can anyone tell me some uber pokemon? Thanks.

Ryuken

Steel User
are explosion/self destruct affected by focus sash/ band?

Silver_Seoul

Exactly Why -Isn't- There A Pure Flying Type?

People use Roost as an excuse all the time, but Roost was introduced in Generation Four. They had three generations of chances to make a pure Flying and yet they didn't. Why?

JGresh48

Veteran Trainer
Does anyone know where is a good place to find the PVC pkmn mini figures by tomy?

Why does Team Rocket keep trying?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Is there a way to find easier wild shinies other than using the pokeradar?

Nope.

Pokeradar is the easiest and usually the quickest way to find a shiny, but if you have the time you can try the MasudaMethod or Soft Reseting.

The Masuda Method is only for breeding. And how do you SR for wild Pokemon, which aren't stationary? o_O

Hello there!

Something weird happened in my game - I told my friend about it and we both decided that I should write about it here.
So, here it goes!
Yesterday, I placed some objects in the Safari Zone - I'm still trying to complete my pokedex. I wanted to catch Metang, Solrock, and some others. But, when I put the things and walked a bit in the grass... wild Solrock appeared! I didn't wait even one day! Also, Skorupi appeared, but I didn't place enough Peak Objects (i placed only 21, not 28).
Okay, I catched Solrock and I went to the Mountain area. I walked a bit, and then... poof! Metang! Oh my, it was a big surprise, even bigger than when
the Solrock appeared.
What do you think? I had in party two shinies - Pidgeotto and Gyarados, and one legendary pokemon, Articuno. Maybe it matters?
I think it's worth to check it!

I'm sorry for my English - I hope there isn't many mistakes here, lol.
I also hope it's good place for this topic...

This is because the Safari Zone takes into account even days when no items are kept. For example, if you have an Area in the active 6 for 40 days, and put in items on the 41st day, the Pokemon will still appear. Similarly, you don't need to put in all the required number of objects if the Area has been active for longer than the necessary number of days :)

Can anyone tell me some uber pokemon? Thanks.

Here's a complete list!

EDIT: If you're holding one of those items and use Explosion/Selfdestruct, then yes, it'll still KO your Pokemon.

People use Roost as an excuse all the time, but Roost was introduced in Generation Four. They had three generations of chances to make a pure Flying and yet they didn't. Why?

We do have one pure Flying type - a.k.a. Sky Plate Arceus ;D

Anyway, I don't know why they haven't made any others. It's just "one of those things", I guess. Probably some sort of inside joke at Game Freak too :p But anyhow, Roost's not an excuse. A pure Flying type would just become the ??? type, which takes 1x damage from everything.

Why does Team Rocket keep trying?

Because they get paid to do so

Last edited:

Crazy_Possum

I was in the Battle Factory(although that shouldn't matter) and I fought a Togekiss. It hit me with Sky Attack on the first turn. How did it do that?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I was in the Battle Factory(although that shouldn't matter) and I fought a Togekiss. It hit me with Sky Attack on the first turn. How did it do that?

I believe its held item must've been the Power Herb, which cancels out the charge-up phase of attacks like Sky Attack and SolarBeam.

Crazy_Possum

I believe its held item must've been the Power Herb, which cancels out the charge-up phase of attacks like Sky Attack and SolarBeam.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I can't quite decide between Weavile and Mismagius. My main concern is I don't know which one is better for battling Lucian. Also, I need good move sets to fit them, effectively.

squirtle_skull_bash

I did also didn't got the Dratini unless I went back to Clair and got TM Dragon Pulse from her, wich I forgot. When you have some extra space and come back you should be able to get it.

THIS, is what I forgot to do. I got my dratini. Also it was female. GTS, here I come. (To trade her offspring)

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I can't quite decide between Weavile and Mismagius. My main concern is I don't know which one is better for battling Lucian. Also, I need good move sets to fit them, effectively.

I'd say Weavile. I'd say go with Swords Dance/Ice Shard/Brick Break/Night Slash, if you're willing to use TMs. Used it, and it rips through Lucian, and can also 6-0 Cynthia :D

Ryuken

Steel User
witch nature is better in weavile?, i cant decide because i think that his high speed even without much training is better than a lot of poke

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
How do you rip music from GBA games? I want to rip the Battle Dome music from Emerald, the 2nd version when you're about to face an opponent.

In most cases, a music rip from a game without a soundtrack or sound test is done with an emulator. I will say no more.

Where do you get/buy Pokemon Plushies? I want a plushie of Thorton of the Battle Factory: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=undefined&page=2&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:34

BTW I live near Kings Island (amusement park) and they had Pokemon Plushies of Shaymin (Sky Form), Charmander, Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Lickilicky. No characters :(

That looks like a handmade plush and not something created to be widely sold. Notice how his eyes look like they're made of gel applied onto the surface rather than stitched on or embroidered, which is the standard for Pokémon plushes; and that there seems to be metal on him, particularly on his necktie buckle and the heels of his shoes.

Plushes of the human characters are exceedingly rare, and I don't think Nintendo commissions them anymore. I've only seen plushes of Pokémon, and more rarely, of Poké Balls (of various sorts).

Does anyone know where is a good place to find the PVC pkmn mini figures by tomy?

If there's an anime and/or hobby shop near where you live, that's your best bet. The plastic figurines aren't typically sold in regular toy stores. These Tomy figurines sell pretty well, so if any store sells them, odds are they sell many different sorts.

Despite a claim to the contrary, no, Explosion and SelfDestruct are NOT affected by the Focus Sash or Focus Band.

Those items only prevent a KO through direct damage. When you use Explosion and SelfDestruct, the "damage" done to the user is indirect. Notice how the user's HP is instantly changed to zero rather than draining downwards like all other forms of damage.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
witch nature is better in weavile?, i cant decide because i think that his high speed even without much training is better than a lot of poke

Jolly. Added Speed > added offense.

Despite a claim to the contrary, no, Explosion and SelfDestruct are NOT affected by the Focus Sash or Focus Band.

Those items only prevent a KO through direct damage. When you use Explosion and SelfDestruct, the "damage" done to the user is indirect. Notice how the user's HP is instantly changed to zero rather than draining downwards like all other forms of damage.

Sorry 'bout that, I thought the poster was talking about whether the Focus items can prevent a KO when an opponent uses Explosion. For some reason. ^_^;;

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's fine. I see this question a lot and tested it myself. Your variation is pretty common too.

squirtle_skull_bash

I have looked at several videos and guides on how to ev train, and I often in these guides see people training pokemon that have already evolved. Should you ev train before or after a pokemon has fully evolved? I would think you should start at lv. 1 so they can get as many level ups as possible.
Also, do certain wifi battles automatically put your pokemon at lv 100? I heard someone mention that before.
Thanks for any help. I hope this doesn't count as a "game help" question which would make it unsuitable for this thread.

Last edited: