• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Doom Blargh

I don't know if this includes, but, in HG, is there a person who tells you what kind of swarm is happening and what route? If yes, can you tell me the location?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was planning on catching a Yoterri for pokemon white, but I'd really like it to have sand paddle for its ability after it evolves. Do I have to catch a Yoterri with Pickup in order to do that?

GiveMeMoonlight

With the sleep clause, what happens when a pokemon like Altaria that you know has natural cure switches out - can you put something else to sleep? Same question for a pokemon like Roserade/Starmie that may have natural cure.

randomspot555

With the sleep clause, what happens when a pokemon like Altaria that you know has natural cure switches out - can you put something else to sleep? Same question for a pokemon like Roserade/Starmie that may have natural cure.

On a battle simulator, if one Pokemon on your opponent's team is put to sleep by you, and you attempt to use a sleep-inducing move and it connects, it'll say "But it failed", or in the case of Yawn, just not go to sleep on the second turn.

Something similar would happen on the console games where sleep clause is an optional clause.

On battle simulators, you can pretty much assume everyone is using Natural Cure on Starmie, but you can't on others. It's one of those risks you take in trying to sleep something as it comes in.

In battles on the GBA or DS game carts, nothing will "happen" as the game isn't designed to enforce any clauses at all. I personally think it's best to assume that the opponent's Pokemon doesn't have Natural Cure or whatever, (unless it's the only ability it can have) and let them switch out without worrying about getting put to sleep again. If you do in fact put two Pokemon to sleep, I wouldn't blame the person on the other end for disconnecting.

Myrrh

I want to complete my pearl pokedex and want to know if the legendaries that are excluded are the same as those that are excluded from a HG/SS complete pokedex.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
How do I access Wi-Fi and get my Friend Code? I have a router.

randomspot555

I want to complete my pearl pokedex and want to know if the legendaries that are excluded are the same as those that are excluded from a HG/SS complete pokedex.

If by "complete" you mean minus the event-centric exclusives like Mew, then yes.

How do I access Wi-Fi and get my Friend Code? I have a router.

Make sure your game cart is configured with the wireless router's signal. Then go to the basement of any Pokecenter, talk to the nurse, and you'll receive a Pal-Pad and a friend code. If you put your cart into a different DS and want to connect, you'll need to connect to Wi-Fi to get a new Friend Code.

Your Pal Pad will be in the Key Items bag.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Make sure your game cart is configured with the wireless router's signal. Then go to the basement of any Pokecenter, talk to the nurse, and you'll receive a Pal-Pad and a friend code. If you put your cart into a different DS and want to connect, you'll need to connect to Wi-Fi to get a new Friend Code.

Your Pal Pad will be in the Key Items bag.

It told me that I needed a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to access it, and I don't have one. :(

Do you know where I can buy one?

randomspot555

It told me that I needed a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to access it, and I don't have one. :(

Do you know where I can buy one?

You didn't look at all of your options.

Here's some pictures:

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Select Connection 1 and then configure it to detect your wireless router.

Your DS manual details all of this. Manuals are also available online at nintendo.com.

GiveMeMoonlight

I was sure, but I have doubts now. I put in my ssid and password but when I go to test, starts green for a while before hitting red and yeah, no dice.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
So I have question about breeding. I'm trying to breed for a phanpy with 31 IVs (or close to it,) In every stat. Are there are factors that would allow me to breed a Phanpy with better IVs? Also isn't there an item that helps influence the nature of the pokemon being bred? And what would nearly flawless stats for an Adamant Phanpy look like?

randomspot555

So I have question about breeding. I'm trying to breed for a phanpy with 31 IVs (or close to it,) In every stat. Are there are factors that would allow me to breed a Phanpy with better IVs? Also isn't there an item that helps influence the nature of the pokemon being bred? And what would nearly flawless stats for an Adamant Phanpy look like?

If you're dead set on an Adamant one, okay, but Donphan is better off making use of it's bulk. It's movepool isn't that good, and it's SpDef stat isn't all that great. One STAB neutral hit from the Special side of the spectrum could spell the death of Donphan.

However, with that being said, Donphan doesn't need to worry about SpAtk at all.

The best way to get flawless IVs is to learn to RNG abuse. Smogon has an extensive and well written articles on how to RNG abuse in D/P/Plat and Emerald here (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/). RNG abuse is also possible in HG/SS, including the Pokewalker, but they don't have articles for that on their main site. Try searching through their forums.

Phanpy's visible stats won't be able to tell you a damn thing if you want to find out about their IVs. You can do an "IV battle" where you go to a Wi-Fi battle with someone and auto-level up to 100. Phanpy can not have any Experience gained from Pokemon battles, in other words, no EVs. If it, for example, had an Adamant nature and a 31 IV in Atk, it's level 100 stat would be 156. A 31 IV in HP would be 321, and so on. You can see it's stats here http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/phanpy. If you're unsure of what the IVs are at lvl 100 without any Pokemon battle XP gained, type it into an IV calculator. I use the one over at PsyPokes, but most competitive-oriented websites have them and they all do the same thing.

On a final note, I think Donphan is better playing Defense and supporting a team. In that case, a nature that boosts either it's DEF or SPDEF and lowers it's SPATK would be best. A useful moveset would be Stealth Rock/Toxic, Rapid Spin, Knock Off, and Roar. Dump EVs into HP, Def, and maybe a bit into Sp Def.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Thanks for the advice. However, I'm doing this for someone and they requested an adamant nature. I guess they're going for a more offensive version of Donphan. I do agree though that a defensive spread makes more sense on Donphan as it has enough physical bulk and with some SPd Ev adjustments to play a supporting role.

Also, this wasn't cleared up, but does the everstone pass on the nature from the father or the mother? Or is this feature only in Emerald?

randomspot555

In HGSS it can work on both parent pokemon but for all the other games its the father.

Also, don't forget the Power Items in HG/SS will pass on that item's respective IV stat.

So in the Daycare, you can have two Pokemon each holding a Power item to pass down IVs, or one holding a power item and one holding the Everstone.

But honestly, if you want extremely high IVs, and you're willing to spend a few hours learning, do the RNG.