• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Aquarelle

Staff member
How does Sandile's ability work, the one that increases Attack for each pokemon KOd, I think it's called Moxie?

Each time Sandile knocks out another Pokemon, its attack raises by one stage.
One stage = 1.5x greater than it normally is (it's just like using Meditate once).

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Each time Sandile knocks out another Pokemon, its attack raises by one stage.
One stage = 1.5x greater than it normally is (it's just like using Meditate once).

Hmm, I thought there would be some sort of catch.

How long before I unlock Mystery Gift in Black/White?

PLEASE NO SPOILERS!

randomspot555

Which type combination has the most resistances?

Which type combination has the most advantages?

Steel/Water (ie Empoleon) resists something like 11 types and has an immunity to Poison. The disadvantage is it is weak to the very common Ground, Fighting, and Electric

Most advantages? Water/Normal has pretty great coverage, as well as Dragon/Ground. So does the Boltbeam combo, which hits everything in the game for at least neutral damage except Shedinja and some other Poke (not including Gen 5).

Poppin Fresh

Which type combination has the most resistances?

Which type combination has the most advantages?
If I'm not mistaken Steel has the most resistances. And I think Fighting has the most Strengths, I might be mistaken though.
Edit:Ninja'd

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
If I'm not mistaken Steel has the most resistances. And I think Fighting has the most Strengths, I might be mistaken though.
Edit:Ninja'd

Steel has eleven resistances and one immunity.

Ground and Fighting are super-effective against five types each.

Ghost/Fighting has perfect neutral coverage.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Steel/Water (ie Empoleon) resists something like 11 types and has an immunity to Poison. The disadvantage is it is weak to the very common Ground, Fighting, and Electric

Actually, Electric/Steel has the most resistances, twelve resistances, and one immunity.

Most advantages? Water/Normal has pretty great coverage, as well as Dragon/Ground. So does the Boltbeam combo, which hits everything in the game for at least neutral damage except Shedinja and some other Poke (not including Gen 5).

Comments in bold.

Bad Dreams

By advantages I meant hitting the most types with super effective damage. I was asking what combination would get super effective against the most types.

Aquarelle

Staff member
By advantages I meant hitting the most types with super effective damage. I was asking what combination would get super effective against the most types.

I'm not sure which types would be best for super effective damage, but I do know that Ghost + Fighting allows you to hit every single Pokemon for neutral damage, in gen. 4 at least. So it can be a very useful type combination to have on a moveset. Hitting everything neutrally can be more useful than hitting many Pokemon super effectively sometimes.

Groudon & Kyogre?

Groudon and Kyogre are undeniably cool, but they can't double battle because of conflicting abilities. If both are sent out at the same time versus each other, what happens?

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
When I used both of them, Kyogre's Drizzle was dominant, but I think that was the result of being slower than my groudon, whose Drought went first.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
whichever one was sent out second gets the ability.

waffle_x_v

Fun stuff
Wrong ^ The weather ability that's used depends on the speed of the pokemon.
So If kyogre was faster than groudon and both were sent out, then groudon's drought ability would take into affect.
Kyogre's drizzle ability would be nullified. So it's not a good idea to send these to into a double battle with each other
(or be on the same team) b/c they don't harmonize. Some of their attacks would be weakened and in gorudon's
case he would be even weaker to water.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

you forgot Dragon/Fire

Dragon/Fire hits anything in the game for at least neutral damage, bar Heatran.
And those who utilize Dragon+Fire combo usually can learn a Water, Fight, or Ground move anyway so Heatran is not an issue.

Reshiram is a beast for this, its ability means Fire moves gets through Heatran's Flash Fire, and it has STAB on both Fire and Dragon moves.

There's also Ice + Ground, which also has a very wide coverage.

and Aquarelle mentioned about Ghost + Fight above.