• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Katieb1995

Need the exact words to the Level up screen??

I need it with the learning a new move bit in, too please!
Basically, I need it as a joke for my friend, but it has to be EXACT and I've lost my DS :(
I know it's something like --- leveled up! ---- wants to learn --- but already knows 4 moves! Should ---- forget a move?
And I need it right :/
THANK YOU ;007;

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
ok me and friend were right next to each other and did the same kind of random matchup and found no partner for a while and it was not each other is there and explenation for this?
note: it was free random matchup

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There are no people in my Black City at all, although I haven't fiddled with the clock, and I completed the game in a short amount of time... What's wrong with my game?

how short?

One week may be considered short by some people, but it is enough to make BC empty.

I finished the game in 2 days and the BC is full.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Ultra Ball level.

Actually, no. Ultra balls have a capture multiplier of 2. Repeat balls (if used on a repeated Pokemon) have a capture multiplier of 3.

Flame Mistress

how short?

One week may be considered short by some people, but it is enough to make BC empty.

I finished the game in 2 days and the BC is full.

Ah.

2 weeks.

Lol.

But still, isn't that a bit rough? I got stuck in HG because I couldn't work out how to move on from the Lighthouse and took me almost a year...

Chariphlosion

ok me and friend were right next to each other and did the same kind of random matchup and found no partner for a while and it was not each other is there and explenation for this?
note: it was free random matchup

I dunno. Check ur Wi-fi Settings.

fyzdino

dragon trainer
I'm trying to breed a Bagon for a killer Salamence. It's going to be a physical sweeper. So the natures I'm looking for are Adamant (+atk -satk) or Naive (+spd -sdef) or Jolly (+spd -satk). I'm looking for general all around good IVs but with emphasis on speed and extra emphasis (28+) on attack. Is there any way to improve my chances of breeding those specifics? I've already bred a box and a half of Bagons and it's becoming very boring...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm trying to breed a Bagon for a killer Salamence. It's going to be a physical sweeper. So the natures I'm looking for are Adamant (+atk -satk) or Naive (+spd -sdef) or Jolly (+spd -satk). I'm looking for general all around good IVs but with emphasis on speed and extra emphasis (28+) on attack. Is there any way to improve my chances of breeding those specifics? I've already bred a box and a half of Bagons and it's becoming very boring...

You can attach an Everstone to one of the parents, and then the eggs will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the everstone-holder. So if you could find an Adamant, Naive or Jolly Ditto you could try that. Also, if you have a Pokemon with Synchronize first in your party, wild Pokemon will have a 50% chance of having the same nature. You could get a Synchronize Pokemon with one of those natures and use it to find a male Bagon with the desired nature.

Well, you could try to check the IV's of all your male Pokemon that can breed with Bagon. You can also use an Everstone to increase your chances of breeding a Bagon with the Adamant nature, as long as you give it to the female Bagon to hold (in the third gen). In the fourth gen., it doesn't matter which parent you give it to.

I'm guessing you know where/how to check your Pokemons' IV's, but just incase: If you're trying to breed the Bagon in the third gen. games, you should talk to the guy in the house above the Pokemon center in the Emerald Battle Frontier if you can. If you have HG/SS, there is a guy next to the PC in the Battle Tower who will tell you the IV's by saying different things depending on how high and low the IV's are. I suggest you look it up, as it would be easier than me having to describe all the sayings and what they mean. :p
You can also use the Power items (such as the Power Bracer, Power Weight, etc.) to pass down the specific IV's of the Pokemon you give it to while it's in the Day Care to breed eggs. For example, the Power Bracer passes down the Attack IV's of the Pokemon you give it to, and the Power Weight passes down the HP IV's. This is only in the fourth gen., though.

Either way, I suggest you browse through this thread for information that will probably be useful to you: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=261577

fyzdino

dragon trainer
Thanks for all the help Golden Pure and Jigglychu, I really appreciate it. :)
Although (@ Golden Pure) I noticed that you said : "Well, you could try to check the IV's of all your male Pokemon that can breed with Bagon." Do the parents actually influence the IVs? I wasn't aware of that. Also, I'm playing 5th Gen, so do you know where the IV guy is in that Gen?
Thanks again! :D

Edit: Okay I'll check it out! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help Golden Pure and Jigglychu, I really appreciate it. :)
Although (@ Golden Pure) I noticed that you said : "Well, you could try to check the IV's of all your male Pokemon that can breed with Bagon." Do the parents actually influence the IVs? I wasn't aware of that. Also, I'm playing 5th Gen, so do you know where the IV guy is in that Gen?
Thanks again! :D
Yes, the parents influence the offsprings' IV's. :p Also, I haven't checked this out myself, but I've heard a lot of times that the IV checker in B/W is somewhere in the Gear Station at Nimbasa City. I believe this to be true, since the checkers are always at the places where you battle after the main storyline is finished (such as the battle tower/frontiers).

randomspot555

Hey so I asked a question here, dunno if it was answered so I'll ask again, and this time, PM me the answer so I can be sure to get it. I'll edit this message when I do get an answer so my inbox doesn't get spammed...

My question was: How do EVs work? I've tried to read the site, and IDK if I get it.
Luv Clo

No one is going to hold your hand and explain everything to you. There are several helpful guides and articles, some posted on the main site and/or this forum, that go into extreme detail.

If you don't get it, then you don't get it and there isn't much help anyone can provide. If there's a specific part that confuses you, then ask a specific question about it.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Why does every trainer have a hat/head accessory? I mean, every PLAYABLE trainer, anyway....
Are they just too lazy to comb their hair?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Why does every trainer have a hat/head accessory? I mean, every PLAYABLE trainer, anyway....
Are they just too lazy to comb their hair?

tradition is to only reason I can give. Esp when you consider that ash always gets a new hat per adventure. really interesting when you consider the females also have hats

Clover10123

Loving Trainer
No one is going to hold your hand and explain everything to you. There are several helpful guides and articles, some posted on the main site and/or this forum, that go into extreme detail.

If you don't get it, then you don't get it and there isn't much help anyone can provide. If there's a specific part that confuses you, then ask a specific question about it.

Actually, if someone doesn't get it, it usually means they don't understand it the first time it was explained to them, mostly because the way it was explained the first time was confusing. Nothing is difficult about re-explaining something someone fully understands, but thanks for giving me the perspective that no one will take the time to see it that someone receives the information that they seek because they have better things to do.

Luv Clo

randomspot555

Actually, if someone doesn't get it, it usually means they don't understand it the first time it was explained to them, mostly because the way it was explained the first time was confusing. Nothing is difficult about re-explaining something someone fully understands, but thanks for giving me the perspective that no one will take the time to see it that someone receives the information that they seek because they have better things to do.

Luv Clo

Ok, I could retype what the main site says. But if I just reiterate what the main site and every other guide says, how does that help you understand anything?

No one is hiding secret information from you. It's all out there. Anybody who answers you is going to say the exact same thing that Serebii's or Bulbapedia's or whoever's article says.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I have a question but I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask it.

I am wondering what type of pokemon would be good for a trainer who is caring, kind, and compassionate, but also has a good sense of humor. Which of the types would fit that personality type?

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm having a hard time trying to figure that out.