• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

randomspot555

I've always wondered, can you get any Pokemon via RNG or are you just controlling the stats of the Pokemon you find naturally? Like, could you find a Latios or Arceus on Unova Route 1 through RNG?

You can't make Pokemon magically appear, no. RNG abuse is just a method of predicting when X will happen. If you wanted to start the game with an Adamant Tepig, then if you RNG correctly and do the math and all that jazz, it'll tell you you need to do X, Y, and Z to get an Adamant Tepig.

I've always wondered, can you get any Pokemon via RNG or are you just controlling the stats of the Pokemon you find naturally? Like, could you find a Latios or Arceus on Unova Route 1 through RNG?

You can't force pokémon to magically appear on routes that they aren't supposed to, but you can force the pokémon to be shiny and have max IVs.
edit: Basically the same thing that the previous poster said.

My question still stands: What moveset should I run on a Probopass if I'm going to use it as a wall?

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
I know someone would question why you have probo...but I won't. I'm secretly a probo fan and a nosepass hater (shh!). Anyways, iron defense gives it +2 defense. Make sure to use it on a sandstorm team...for defensive reasons obviously. You could also make it the one to set up sandstorm if necessary.

EDIT: Shoot, moveset (I'm blind sometimes). Use my ninja's moveset, except maybe give it thunder wave over rock polish, or better yet, toxic and substitute, rest, or magnet rise (redundant, but nice for avoiding earthquake or earth power).

Last edited:
I know someone would question why you have probo...but I won't.

Don't worry. He knows. :D

Thanks GenoArc. How about Thunder Wave and Pain Split? Would they have any use on a Probopass?

Phoopes

There it is.
I completely agree with GenoArc and dewhinifier. Iron Defense + Sand Storm gives it great defense. The Rock Polish would give it good speed for a possible sweep (sweeping Probopass? LOL) and Stone Edge and Magnet Bomb are your two attacks.

@dewhinifier: Zibdas is gonna kill you!

EDIT: Since you asked about Pain Split, here's a trollish NOSEPASS moveset.

Nosepass (Level 1) @Oran Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Doesn't really matter
EV Spread: Doesn't really matter
Toxic
Pain Split
Protect
(Any STAB attack here)

Sturdy prevents the OHKO so you can Toxic, and Oran Berry heals you. Then Pain Split your opponent to death whilst you stall. Status screws this set over, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Accipitri

Space relic
I'd suggest Earth Power and Thunderbolt as attacks, as Probo's attack stat is pretty poor. It's sp. atk isn't great but it's better and with magnet pull and those attacks it can take out other steels, which is much of his novelty.
I don't think it has any reliable way to boost its attack and even after a Rock Polish its speed is still crap so I suggest you don't try that.
Thunderwave, Substitute, and Toxic are all good. You can try Iron Defense but it might not last long as a physical wall due to x4 weakness to EQ and fighting attacks. Pain Split would be decent as recovery I think but I don't use that move much so idk.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I was thinking Thunder Wave as a sub for an attack (Magnet Bomb preferrably).
Substitute and Leftovers would be a decent regainer.
But Rest and Chesto/Lum would also work.
If only Probopass could use Recycle.

randomspot555

probopass w/ Leftovers or Balloon
Bold (+Def, -Attack)
Magnet Pull
252 HP/128 DEF/128 Sp Def
- Thunderwave/Discharge
- Protect/Substitute
- Pain Split (note: HGSS Move Tutor move)
- Earthpower/Toxic

Make sure to have someone with Sandstream since, due to being a partial rock type, Probopass gets a Sp Def boost in the sand. Thunderwave gives you full paralysis while discharge lets you attack with a chance at paralyzing.

Protect for scouting, Subsitute for...well, subs

Pain Split is your best bet at healing.

Then you choose between Earth Power or Toxic.

This would mainly be good for trapping Steels who are stuck on an attack due to a Choice item. Make sure to have at least one actual attack though. Having both Thunderwave and Toxic would be too much overkill on status effects.

Accipitri

Space relic
I don't suggest Magnet Bomb, steel has bad coverage and Probo can't use it effectively at all because of his low attack, and he can't buff his attack at all.
Randomspot's set should do great for a wall.

pokemaster001

wow, there's a lot of awesome Probo suggestions, now I want to put one in my team but I really shouldn't

as for questions, where, in Unova, can I get lots of EVs (mixed preferrably) from fighting the fewest pokemon?

Accipitri

Space relic
I suppose the eastern part, in any area with a lot of evolved/rare pokemon.

carnivalmar

Scizor question

Scizor can learn bullet punch from move tutor in hsss. my question is: can scizor learn bullet punch if not native to hsss. like if i trade my scizor from diamond to heart gold can it learn bullet punch? and if i trade it back to diamond will it still have the move?

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Yes, and there is a Questions thread.

so i have a riolu with the moves
-Blaze Kick
-Crunch
-Bullet Punch
-Endure

that i got in a trade, it has perfect IV's but i want to know any suggestions you guy's might have in regards to what moveset he should keep

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
so i have a riolu with the moves
-Blaze Kick
-Crunch
-Bullet Punch
-Endure

that i got in a trade, it has perfect IV's but i want to know any suggestions you guy's might have in regards to what moveset he should keep
I would evolve him into a Lucario and teach him Close Combat over Endure. What nature is the Riolu?

he's a Hasty, 'Somewhat stubborn' Riolu

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In my Pokemon Ranch, will anything negative happen if you skip a day, or will the game and the ranch be in the same condition.

Also, if you screwed up the trade request for the day, I assume you can do another one the next day, correct?

randomspot555

In my Pokemon Ranch, will anything negative happen if you skip a day, or will the game and the ranch be in the same condition.

Also, if you screwed up the trade request for the day, I assume you can do another one the next day, correct?

Nope, you can adjust the dates with nothing bad happening.