• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I'm currently EV Training a Gliscor in Defense in PinWheel Forest on Venipede and Sewaddle.
If I defeat a large amount of them, and then move on to something like an Audino to level up faster, will my Gliscor still gain the massive Defense increase?

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I'm currently EV Training a Gliscor in Defense in PinWheel Forest on Venipede and Sewaddle.
If I defeat a large amount of them, and then move on to something like an Audino to level up faster, will my Gliscor still gain the massive Defense increase?

Once you max out your EVs, you can level grind against whatever you please. That's the beauty of the EV system actually; you EV train for a little while and gain some pretty massive results, but once you max them out, you can stop and can think of it basically as just a one-time expense.

Basically, yes, you can, but just make sure you max out his EVs first. Give him his 252 in Defense or however many you're giving him, max out his overall EVs to 510, and then you can level grind him against whatever you want.

Edit: I have a question myself now. Is the name of the restaurant operated by the Striaton City gym leaders ever implicitly named? If so, what is the name?

Last edited:

Meowth City

Staff member
Urgent: In order to get the trainer star, what's the simpliest way to obtain all the Entralink powers and how do you get those powers. I have 32 pass orbs in my bag, so what do I do?

jordan8

Tournament rules have, in the past, stated that any and all Pokemon you have on your game cart can be checked for legality, even if they aren't in the registered group of Pokemon you battle with.

so you can be disqualified even if you are not using the hacked pokemon? I have a bunch of possibly hacked shiny pokemon that I have traded for but i keep because they are rare. could I get disqualified for them?

also can the power items be used to transfer ivs when breeding in 5th gen?

Last edited:

randomspot555

so you can be disqualified even if you are not using the hacked pokemon? I have a bunch of possibly hacked shiny pokemon that I have traded for but i keep because they are rare. could I get disqualified for them?

Go back and read the rules for past oturnaments. www.pokemonvgc.com. They all say that you're responsible for the Pokemon on your game cart.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
If a pokemon gets an "in a pinch" boost, and then is healed, does it keep the boost? and does it get a second boost if it goes below 1/3 hp again?

jolteon135

also can the power items be used to transfer ivs when breeding in 5th gen?
Yes.

If a pokemon gets an "in a pinch" boost, and then is healed, does it keep the boost?
Yes.
and does it get a second boost if it goes below 1/3 hp again?
A pinch berry is consumed after it is used so no you can't get a second boost if it goes below 1/3 HP again because you won't be holding the pinch berry the second time.

Only Pokemon with the ability Harvest or the move recycle can use their berries more than one time during a battle.

Mystic Flygon

Is there a fast way too get an emolga in B/W besides waiting for a bush too shake? Same goes for pansage.

jolteon135

I also have that question. It appears to be unknown ATM.

It's known. Shaking patches have already been researched over at smogon. Shaking patches work off probability (like shininess). There's no number of steps that guarantees a shaking patch will occur. The probability of a shaking patch occurring is 1 in 320 steps.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, it's Pokemon related, so I'll ask.

With the whole truth and ideal system set in Pokemon B/W, did truth and ideals stem from somewhere? Does yin stand for ideals, and yang stand for truth? Could it be something they just pulled out of random?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It's known. Shaking patches have already been researched over at smogon. Shaking patches work off probability (like shininess). There's no number of steps that guarantees a shaking patch will occur. The probability of a shaking patch occurring is 1 in 320 steps.

Actually the maximum of steps I took to get a shaking patch was ranged from around 300 - 500 steps. yes I took the time in counting.

jolteon135

Actually the maximum of steps I took to get a shaking patch was ranged from around 300 - 500 steps. yes I took the time in counting.

I said the probability is 1/320. Key word is probability. The probability of a coin landing on heads is 1/2 (1 in 2 flips). Does that mean the coin will always land on heads if I flip it twice?
The probability of hatching a shiny via MM is 1/1366. Does that mean it takes exactly 1366 eggs to hatch a shiny?

mr.dragonite123

dragon master
xtreme speed dratini mess up

can any body help?

ok so i answered all the questions right but on the question that asks you how do you win i chose training instead of strategy am i still able to get the extreme speed dratini