• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
You may have seen this as an old thread, but one time my friend went to Giant Chasm, and in the first patch of grass he walked into he found a Shiny Metagross. He threw a plain old pokeball at it for the lulz, but the pokeball caught it on the first try. Upon checking it's profile, it had perfect IV's, pokerus, and an Adamant Nature. What are the odds of this sort of thing happening?

There is approximately a 1 in 93,061,505,980,825,600,000 chance of this happening. I got that somewhat quick so I may be wrong but that's what I got.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
There is approximately a 1 in 93,061,505,980,825,600,000 chance of this happening. I got that somewhat quick so I may be wrong but that's what I got.

Who cares, the point here is it's nigh impossible & any who got this to happen is a lucky ******* who sleeps with his bed surrounded by four-leaf clovers.

PsychicPsycho

What are the odds of this sort of thing happening?
I'm not totally sure about every part of that-

Metagross appearing- 1/20
Shiny- 1/8192
1 perfect IV- 1/31
6 perfect IVs- (1/31) ^ 6
Adamant Nature- 1/25

Just with those four things, its 1/3635215077000000, or about 1 in 3.6 million billion. That would be ignoring the probability involved with the pokeball catching it, and the probability that a pokemon has pokerus.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I just read that Pokemon sent to the Entralink via Dream World cannot be shiny. However, if I were to get a female from the Dream World and breed it, would I have the ability to get a Shiny with the Dream World ability?

Also, could I do this with an international Pokemon (obviously not Ditto) and combine the Masuda Method to increase my chances of getting a Shiny with the Dream World ability?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
It is possible to use the Masuda Method and breed for a Hidden Ability at the same time. Just so long as Ditto isn't involved. That's probably where the doubt comes from right there, though, because the most common Pokémon to use for that is a Japanese Ditto, though I'm currently breeding a Japanese Haxorus with an American Ditto, but that's only because I happen to have gotten one of those Japanese Mystery Egg Axew over the GTS very soon after B/W's American release, and I kinda want to pass on the perfect Speed IV to my future Shiny Axew.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I heard rumors that you can face other signature trainers such as other region gym leaders and even Red in Black/White. Is this false? because i never found anything like that...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I heard rumors that you can face other signature trainers such as other region gym leaders and even Red in Black/White. Is this false? because i never found anything like that...

Completely false. Closest there is is the ability to battle Cynthia in Undella Town. Hell, other region Gym Leaders and Red don't even appear in the game, let alone to battle you.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Those would be false. You can fight Cynthia however.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
I'm not totally sure about every part of that-

Metagross appearing- 1/20
Shiny- 1/8192
1 perfect IV- 1/31
6 perfect IVs- (1/31) ^ 6
Adamant Nature- 1/25

Just with those four things, its 1/3635215077000000, or about 1 in 3.6 million billion. That would be ignoring the probability involved with the pokeball catching it, and the probability that a pokemon has pokerus.

Just to add on to this:
Pokerus- 1/21845
Metagross encounter pokeball- 1/250

Also the IVs would be (1/32)^6, because you can have an IV of 0.

For the record, I was watching my friend while he did this.

PsychicPsycho

Edit: I forgot to ask my question. If you're using AR, can you create impossibly-gendered pokemon (like a male Chansey)? Also, can you give something whatever move you want (like giving a Magikarp Fire Blast)?
Just to add on to this:
Pokerus- 1/21845
Metagross encounter pokeball- 1/250

Also the IVs would be (1/32)^6, because you can have an IV of 0.

For the record, I was watching my friend while he did this.
Not to be rude, but if you know the probability of those things, why didn't you just figure it out yourself?

I'm curious for myself now, so here we go... (calculator noises)... I get approximately 1 in 2.4 x 10^22

To compare, the odds of winning the Powerball (a U.S. lottery, for those out of the U.S.) are 1 in 195,249,054. That would mean you are more likely to win the Powerball multiple times then for what you described to happen.

So if you claim to have seen this, you're either 1)lying, 2)missed that your friend was using AR, or 3)missed that your friend was RNGing.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Edit: I forgot to ask my question. If you're using AR, can you create impossibly-gendered pokemon (like a male Chansey)? Also, can you give something whatever move you want (like giving a Magikarp Fire Blast)?

An Action Replay, or any form of hacking, cannot make impossible things (IE stuff that isn't coded into the game) to occur. So male Magnemites, for example, just don't exist in the coding of the game and therefore can't be hacked into the game.

Moves, however, are not coded to specific Pokemon, likely due to Sketch, Transform, Mimic, and Metronome (as well as events that introduce exclusive moves). So yes, a Fire Blast Magikarp could exist.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Is there a Dark or Ghost varient of Surf/Earthquake? A special affecting anyone but the user?

Mike Breezy

Here recently, I have become interested in competitive battling. I know all about EV's and IV's, but I have no idea to apply them to a competitive team. Does anyone know any good threads on here, or other links to help me get started? Thank you in advance. :)