• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

randomspot555

If you breed a hacked Pokemon, are it's babies considered hacked too (not tradable, not usable in competitive battling)?

If it's a "hack" or not depends on someone's definition and/or opinion

If it can be used in battling depends on whoever you're fighting, the tournament's rules, etc..

But as far as the Pokemon go, it will look like a completely valid Pokemon, assuming the parents didn't pass down a normally illegal egg move combination.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
A baby from 2 hacked parents will bypass Gamefreak's filter. Thus in canon terms, they are legit, as that pokemon had no outside devices used on it in anyway directly.

ZombifiedHorror1031

Two more questions!

The Arceus event and a thread discussing what Poke Ball people used to catch him made me wonder, why did they bother to make Dream Balls if any ball whatsoever works in Entree Forest? The off-chance people don't have any Pokeballs with them and they didn't save prior?

Also, is it known whether wi-fi or system discrepancies (WPA and WEP) (3DS and DS Lite) causes any more problems than usual when attempting to trade or battle?

BCVM22

The off-chance people don't have any Pokeballs with them and they didn't save prior?

That'd be it. They don't want you getting into the Entralink and then realizing you have nothing with which to catch the critter.

Also, is it known whether wi-fi or system discrepancies (WPA and WEP) (3DS and DS Lite) causes any more problems than usual when attempting to trade or battle?

One would be hard-pressed to find any concrete evidence of this being the case.

Nekfeu

Ice-type Gym Leader
Limits of EV Training.

Hi, that's my first thread, I registered here because I want to be a better Pokémon player.

So, I have a question...

I found out that my Jynx was Timid, and that fits perfectly with the moveset I want to teach to a perfect EV trained Jynx.

So I decided to do my first serious EV training with him.

Stats to increase : Special Attack ; Speed.

He has the Pokérus. He has a Power Belt (for the Speed), and I am in Celestial Tower in order to fight some Litwicks (for the Special Attack)

He was level 22, now he is level 35, and since I didn't count the fights... Can someone tell me when apprixomatively must I stop the EV training ? Because the strongest my Jynx becomes, the lowest experience they give to me, so that's getting really slow...

( I don't really want to have FULL Evs. Just a good amount. At what level should I stop, tell me please ? )

~ Sorry for my english, I'm French.

randomspot555

If you didn't "keep track", start over and do it again.

If you have access to the Dream World, grow some EV reducing berries and use them to get rid of the EVs and start over

Use pen/paper, an office document on oyur computer, etc... to keep track of the EVs.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want max EVs, but whatever.

I'm trying to get better at EV training too but it's up to you when you want to stop EV training your Jinx.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Isn't it better to focus on one Ev at the time?
I agree. Start over if you've lost count

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Agreed, starting over is the best. Unless offcurse you have a flashcard, wich you can plug it in the pc and check it's evs or change them o3o

Cool Boy

Be fearless
I have power bracer with no pokarus,... how many lilpups I need to kill to get 252 ev in Atack?

I have power bracer with no pokarus,... how many lilpups I need to kill to get 252 ev in Atack?

You'll get 5 Attacks IV's per Lillipup. So, I'm almost sure that you need to kill 50 with the Power + 1 without the Power, giving 252 EV's.

250/5=50
2/2=1

50+1=51.

Aegon

If you give your Pokémon 10 Proteins to boost its Attack EVs to 100, you'll need to battle thirty Lillipup or Patrat while holding the Power Bracer, then another two without it equipped.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
You'll get 5 Attacks IV's per Lillipup. So, I'm almost sure that you need to kill 50 with the Power + 1 without the Power, giving 252 EV's.

250/5=50
2/2=1

50+1=51.

lilpup = 1 ev and power bracer = 4 evs ?

It's really simple math... 252 / 5 = 50.4, or 51. If you want exactly 252 EVs, then take the Power Bracer off after 50 Lillipups and KO 2 more.

Patrat also give 1 Attack EV.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
How about speed evs?
How many basquelion(I dont remember the name..) I need to kill -I have the power Item but not pokarus..

How about speed evs?
How many basquelion(I dont remember the name..) I need to kill -I have the power Item but not pokarus..

You need to kill exactly 42 Basculins.

2 Basculin EV's + 4 EV's from Power Item = 6 EV's per Battle
252 (Total EV's)/6 EV's per battle = 42 Basculins.

Aegon

How about speed evs?
Just work it out. Basculin give two Speed EVs. So, 2+4=6. You'll get six EVs for every Basculin defeated. Then, divide 152 by 6 (this assumes you've used the correct vitamins). The answer is 25.34, so you need to defeat twenty-five Basculin, then one more without the Power Anklet for the final two points (as 25*6 is only 150).

Honeyichigo

The manliest
If you can use wi-fi, you can check your Pokemon's EVs (and IVs, and everything else) with Pokecheck.

Last edited by a moderator: