• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Salvy

What does the golden glow/dust mean?

I always wanted to know this, if I'm in the wrong place, let me know where to post, thanks.

When in Pokemon B/W where pokemon enter the battle from a pokeball and then gold dust/glow appears.

For example a Dragonite from a pokeball then gold dust appears from his feet.

QUESTION ANSWERED. Many thanks for all your trouble guys.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Is it pronounced "glis-COR" or "gli-SCOR?" I say them interchangably and I want to know which one is right.

I think it's "gli-SCOR", the pronounciation in the anime.

Kacho

You are next.
In the pokemon anime, when they say you can only have 6 pokemons on hand, do they mean like
a) 6 pokemon max you can battle with, or
b) if you're strip-searched, you can have 6 pokeballs with active pokemons on you.

mind you, this question also applies to gym battle and championship league.
sometimes I wonder if there is like a government agency that prevents people from carrying too much pokemon at one time.

in that case, team rockets and other pokemon poachers and hunters are under this rule as well?

you might want to be more specific and clear...
there's a lot of things that can be golden while glowing or sparkling with dust

are you talking about shinies animation? shinies in anime? the glow when pokemon comes out of pokeball? when pokemon evolves? something golden on some pokemon's body? a certain pokemon move?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Salvy

Sorry guys, my bad lol, updated OP.

PsiOmega

An old soul
Do you mean the sparkles that appear when you encounter a shiny Pokemon? Either way, this forum is probably going to be closed as soon as you get the answer, because:
A: The forum is too short
B: It's probably in the wrong thread.

Sorry, not trying to put you down or anything.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I believe it has to do with heavier pokemon smashing into the ground when they come out of their poke balls. Just a guess.

Indigoodra

Oh Oh Oh!!!

It's just when there's a heave pokemon entering battle, nothing more :/

And we have a questions thread, meow~

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
You mean when a ring of stars swirl around the Pokémon? That means it's a Shiny. Shiny Pokémon are differently colored than ordinary Pokémon, and are extremely rare. Any given wild Pokémon has a 1 in 8192 chance of being Shiny.

EDIT: Forgot about the dust. When an exceptionally heavy Pokémon is sent out, such as Scolipede, Gigalith, or Snorlax, it crashes onto the ground, kicking up clouds of dust. It only serves to emphasize the point that the Pokémon is really, really heavy.

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
Next time, for the sake of future reference, please be clear when you are making a post on the internet.

not just this serebii forum, any internet, message board, chatroom.

you would not sounds like a kid...

I hope this is not offending you, but you got a couple of us confused there.

Also, pokemon is a big franchise, lots of things can glow golden... ha

EDIT: and like other had said, there is a question thread.

Salvy

Oh Oh Oh!!!

It's just when there's a heave pokemon entering battle, nothing more :/

And we have a questions thread, meow~
Really? I thought it would've been something better than that.

Sorry again for all the confusion, mods feel free to delete/close. @Kacho, Yeah lol I need to get used to this forum thing lol.

randomspot555

In the pokemon anime, when they say you can only have 6 pokemons on hand, do they mean like
a) 6 pokemon max you can battle with, or
b) if you're strip-searched, you can have 6 pokeballs with active pokemons on you.

Registered trainers (IE those with a dex who are competing in some sort of challenge, such as 8 Gyms and the reigonal league, or Contests+Grand Festival) are restricted to 6 Pokemon.

According to Mystery at the Lighthouse (Waay back in Kanto, something like EP014), if you have 6 Pokemon on you and catch a 7th, then that 7th is transferred back to wherever your Dex is registered. So when Ash caught Krabby, it was transferred to Professor Oak automatically. References are also made to "PC Storage" and the ability to transfer Pokemon automatically via your Pokedex.

This was never shown to happen again.

In the more recent Black White series, Ash has caught several Pokemon over the 6 limit. When he catches a 7th, that Pokemon's Pokeball becomes "locked" and it can't be used in battle until one of the other registered 6 Pokemon is rotated out at a Pokemon Center.

mind you, this question also applies to gym battle and championship league.
sometimes I wonder if there is like a government agency that prevents people from carrying too much pokemon at one time.

Gyms you simply battle (usually 3, though sometimes it's been as low as 1 and as high as 4) with whatever Pokemon you have on you. While Ash typically chooses which he'll use beforehand, most gyms don't require you to choose which 3 you'll battle with ahead of time.

In the League, you have to register the Pokemon for each battle with the League. As in, if Ash has a 3v3 battle in the League, he has to register the 3 he will use ahead of time. And he can't use anyone else during that match, even if he's carrying 6 Pokemon with him.

We've seen at least one trainer (Damien, back in Charmander's debut) who had more than 6 Pokemon on him. It's implied unregistered trainers don't have these limits that registered trainers do.

As far as governing authority, the Pokemon Center's and Gym's typically act as community centers and in some cases, even governing authorities. I know Nurse Joy has, at times, been seen as a League Inspector (see the Diamond/Pearl Special about Brock handing over his Gym Leader duties to Forrest).

PsiOmega

An old soul
For example a Dragonite from a pokeball then gold dust appears from his feet.

Yep, it's probably the dust loud that appears when a heavier/bigger Pokemon (Like Dragonite) is sent out. It just means that it's a choice Pokemon to use weight- affected moves (like Grass Knot) on.

Kacho

You are next.
According to Mystery at the Lighthouse (Waay back in Kanto, something like EP014), if you have 6 Pokemon on you and catch a 7th, then that 7th is transferred back to wherever your Dex is registered. So when Ash caught Krabby, it was transferred to Professor Oak automatically. References are also made to "PC Storage" and the ability to transfer Pokemon automatically via your Pokedex.

As far as governing authority, the Pokemon Center's and Gym's typically act as community centers and in some cases, even governing authorities. I know Nurse Joy has, at times, been seen as a League Inspector (see the Diamond/Pearl Special about Brock handing over his Gym Leader duties to Forrest).

I guess asking how does pokeballs "teleport" to someone's PC is out of the question. THIS HAS TO BE MAGIC AND NOT TECHNOLOGY.

sometimes I feel like gym leaders and Nurse Joys are underpaid.
I mean, really, one nurse joy in all pokemon centers?