• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Kacho

You are next.
"Amnesia" is a bad translation. The literal Japanese is "Memory Lapse," which is more accurate. The Pokemon doesn't literally forget something. The idea is more that it pushes trivial troubles and thoughts out of its mind and focuses on the task at hand. The kinds of things it forgets are like "did I leave the stove on?" type stuff; not actual memories.

What about other attacks I have mentioned?

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
What about other attacks I have mentioned?

A Pokemon that can learn Bite or Crunch would presumably be a species with strong/regenerative teeth like a wolf or a shark. A Pokemon that can learn Headbutt, Zen Headbutt or Skull Bash would also presumably be a species with a thick skull to start with like Blastoise or Rampardos. Play to your strengths, basically; if they attempt it, they are probably physically capable of not hurting themselves.

I'm Planning to restart FireRed soon.

What's the Most "valuable" item in Fire Red, that can be traded out? Also which items that uncommon in other games but can be purchased in Kanto?
I have 106655 money and I want to make the best of it before I restart it.

Evolution stones
TM05 (Roar), TM28 (Dig), TM 31 (Brick Break), TM45 (Attract) (All available in the Celadon Department Store)
Miracle Seed, Charcoal, Mystic Water (Celadon Game Corner - 1000 coins apiece)

Thoaee

Would you consider it cheating if...

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I am still unsure myself as to where I stand on this matter.

Here's the full story:

I own my fair share of Pokémon games. I've been a huge fan of Pokémon ever since the anime aired in the Netherlands for the first time back in 1999. At that time I was 10 or 11 years old, and was really inspired by this boy (Ash) which was as old as I am, about to venture forth on his quest to become a Pokémon master. I was one of many. These days though, none of my friends still like Pokémon, better still, they hate it. God knows why.
But to get back to the story. I have bought Pokémon Blue, my brother had Pokémon Red, and a friend of mine had Pokémon Yellow, so I ended up being able to play all of those on my old school refrigerator sized Game Boy. But at that time I did not get as much allowance as I would have liked, and simply did not have the money to get the newer Pokémon games for my gameboy, so I resorted to the next best thing, roms on my computer.
(And no, I am not going to name any emulators, or rom sites I used.)

How ever, when Pokémon Black & White got released, I decided it was time to get back into Pokémon the way it was supposed to be done, by simply purchasing the game in the store or Ebay (!Be careful about purchasing fake cartridges, I've had my fair share >.> ). A friend of mine, who has since then stopped playing Pokémon, offered to sell me all her games at a really low price, and well, who can refuse that :). Among other games, there was Pokémon DPPl/HgSs, but also a 'rom-cartridge' which was able to read MicroSD cards, and thus play roms stored on the card, directly on my NDS. Which made me very happy as I could still play and transfer the Pokémon from the roms to the real games. On this 'rom-cartridge' however there were about 20 different Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games. At the time Platinum got released she took them to our local Toys'r'us, and gained a Shaymin on each them. So every Shaymin has been received legit, it's just the game that hasn't been purchased in the store.

Now here is my question:
Would you guys still consider those Shaymin 'illegitimate Pokémon'? The Shaymin itself has been gained legit, it's just that they have been received on a rom, instead of a normal game cartridge.

I would also appreciate it if you could elaborate on the answer you give, instead of just a yes or a no. :)

Thank you in advanced.
Thoaee

Last edited:

T1d3

roll tide
No, I would not consider it cheating, because like you said they were received a legitimate way. The fact that they are not on a cartridge does not change the fact that they are indeed legit pokemon.

So I would not feel bad about using them.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I agree with both of the statements above.

Thoaee

Thank you very much for the replies :)
I suppose the fact that this threat hasn't exploded in a total flame war, as it usually does on these 'cheat threats' must mean something good :p. The reasoning T1d3 used is mainly why I would use them myself as well, but I just needed to be sure.

If anyone still has something to add or has a contradicting opinion (with arguments of course ;) ) feel free to post!

Sound

It's sort of like a technicality thing. Technically, all of those are legit and obtained legitamitely. The thing is, the give aways are supposed to be one per cartridge. Otherwise, they would just let us catch them infinitely in game. As long as they aren't hacked, I don't see any problems, though. It depends on what you want to do.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Honestly I don't consider it cheating, but I kind of do dislike it when people get the event with like all however many of there games just so they have spares, although its smart.. you can trade them for valuables if you want. :p

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
How do we know that Kyurem has an alternate forme? Is it just because his predecessors, Deoxys, Shaymin, and Giratina, did? Or I assume someone has looked at the coding for it?

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
really, now could a hacker reveal this form? because his form now is derpy, and his typing is pretty sweet

amnesia is more like clearing your mind, like what martial artist might do, it strenghens your mind, hence the sp.def

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
really, now could a hacker reveal this form? because his form now is derpy, and his typing is pretty sweet
No, almost all the data has been removed. If there was a sprite we would have found it when we pulled all the sprites for Pokémon with Alternate forms.

The only piece we've got says it's either had an alternate form during development and it was removed. Or Game Freak may have planned a second form like Giratina and Shaymin for Grey or RS remake.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I believe they haven't made an alternate form for Kyurem that has been implemented in the games, but they left room for one for when it's released in Gray.

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
interesting, 6th gen is gonna be big

zozo

SLIMED!
Sure, it's legit. It was kind of cheap for them to grab 20 Shaymin like that, in my humble opinion, but they're all legitimate. :)

Congrats on your small army of Shaymin and have fun with your new games! ^_^