• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
yea the P-Z's are always owned by shiro*/hiro*, its so odd

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
or the tail is too weak....
pokemons with weak tail can't use iron tail... heh.

True, true.

is using rare candies in pokemon blue ok? considering theres no EVs back then or will my pokemon still be weaker.

uhh Using Rare Candies on pokemon makes their level increase, and last time i checked the higher the pokemon grows in level the stronger it gets, espcially in 1st gen games.

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
True, true.

uhh Using Rare Candies on pokemon makes their level increase, and last time i checked the higher the pokemon grows in level the stronger it gets, espcially in 1st gen games.

no im asking if i use rare candies will my pokemon be weaker in campaison to battle trained ones

randomspot555

no im asking if i use rare candies will my pokemon be weaker in campaison to battle trained ones

Yes. EVs exist in Gen I, though they're called DVs instead, and function a bit differently. But the general truth holds: Trained Pokemon through experience gained in battle are stronger than those raised in the wild (or rare candying or daycare or whatever)

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
Last time I checked, the stats don't increase when you feed someone a Rare Candy. Not sure if this applies in Gen 1, though.

The stats may increase but not much at all, but im not sure if my pokemon will be weaker in the long run compared to battle trained ones :/ im not sure with gen 1 mechanics
thanks for the help guys im not gonna use them now :)

Last edited:

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
Yes. EVs exist in Gen I, though they're called DVs instead, and function a bit differently. But the general truth holds: Trained Pokemon through experience gained in battle are stronger than those raised in the wild (or rare candying or daycare or whatever)

They're called Stat XP. the base stats of a pokemon give you extra stats. Example:Mew gives you 100 Stat XP in every stat. It's not like EVs, you can have, I think, 65,530 Stat XP in each stat. So, if you beat a Golem, you get 80 HP, 110 Attack, 130 Defense, 55 Special, and 45 Speed Stat XP.Like EVs, but not as abusable as there is a limit and investing it all in one stat will still allow every other stat to be maxed.

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
They're called Stat XP. the base stats of a pokemon give you extra stats. Example:Mew gives you 100 Stat XP in every stat. It's not like EVs, you can have, I think, 65,530 Stat XP in each stat. So, if you beat a Golem, you get 80 HP, 110 Attack, 130 Defense, 55 Special, and 45 Speed Stat XP.Like EVs, but not as abusable as there is a limit and investing it all in one stat will still allow every other stat to be maxed.

Watchog

Lv. 50
Breeding for the perfect breloom.

;286; That's right, i need a shroomish with Technician Ability. i've hatched around 20 and still nothing, they're all Poison Heal. So am i doing it wrong like i did last time with buneary or the odd's are simpy very wtf? if you know anything about this, please let me know.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Technician breloom is unreleased.