• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
So i was trying to breed a +SpAttack Deino and knew that giving the mother an everstone gives it a 50% chance the baby will have her nature so i eventually catch a +SpAttck female Deino (Quiet nature +SpAttck -Speed) and also catch the male, anyway i'm getting ready to put them in the daycare when i see the Father has a modest nature (+SpAttack -Attack) and i thought that'd be a better nature to have as i wouldn't be using any physical attacks at all and it'd be better than compromising speed, that being said for the hell of it since i had 2 everstones i gave 1 each to each parent. Anyway forward to me hatching the FIRST egg it's a Deino with Modest nature, was this purely luck or was there something more in play here?

When the Everstone breeding mechanic was introduced in Emerald, only female Pokemon and Ditto could pass down their nature with an Everstone.

Starting from HG/SS and continuing into B/W, males can now also Everstone breed so since you're playing B/W you can give the Everstone to either parent.

You have a Modest male Deino and Quiet female Deino, both are Sp. Attack boosting natures. Since Modest is the one you want, give the male an Everstone. Keep in mind that in HG/SS and B/W, males can now pass their nature with the Everstone. In Emerald and D/P/Pt, it was only females and Ditto that could do this.

Everstone breeding mechanics by game:

Emerald/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Females and Ditto only

HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White: Males, Females and Ditto.

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Well, let's see...

If you're looking into the Mystery Dungeon games, I'd actually suggest skipping over the Rescue Team pair. Of all of them, Explorers of the Sky is arguably the best; as the "third version" to Explorers of Time and Darkness, it has the same story with quite a bit of extra content.

The Ranger spinoffs I can't say anything about, since I haven't played them, but I believe the general consensus is that the first one should be skipped; if you want to try one, go for Shadows of Almia or Guardian Signs instead.

Gale of Darkness, I think, is a fine choice. The problem would be with finding it; seeing how it came out in like 2005, it's practically guaranteed to be out of print. If you can find it used or in the bargain bin at your local game store, I'd say go for it--I just hope you like double battles, as that's the primary battle type in that game--but if you can't, then it's not a huge deal.

Heart Gold/Soul Silver, in my opinion, are mostly good for a nostalgia rush. As much as many folks here will tell you otherwise, these remakes did rather little to fix the original games' most glaring flaws (you're still fighting trainers with level 24 Rattatas and Zubats after the seventh gym, for instance). Plus they're likely to be a tad more expensive even now thanks to the extra hardware that comes packaged with the game. Not bad if you have a bit more cash to throw around, but unless you were really big on the Gen 2 games, I'd say skip.
Instead, if you want something from Gen 4, I would highly recommend Platinum version. Speaking from a purely objective standpoint, it's arguably the best main-series game (certainly in the top three); the only reason I can think of to pass it up is if you're not a big fan of the 4th gen pokemon. Or, if you really want a nostalgia rush and still have a working GBA (or DS/Lite), try for Fire Red/Leaf Green--though they have the same problem as Gale of Darkness in that they're out of print by now.

Black/White, speaking once again from a purely objective standpoint, is pretty much the best "initial pair" of games. Pick one up; it doesn't matter which one (though I went with White because Zekrom is awesome).

Now, bear in mind that I have no idea about each game's current pricing, but bottom line: I recommend White as your first priority, then Platinum. Get Gale of Darkness if you can find it for cheap, and then Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky if you have enough money left over.

Or you can wait for Black 2/White 2, but that's still a good six months off now.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You should definitely buy Diamond or Pearl. It doesn't seem you've played through Sinnoh yet. You can Diamond for low prices on eBay if you act fast.

If he's gonna do Sinnoh, he should get Platinum, not Diamond/Pearl.

So should i get white or black which one has the better legendary

There is no "better." Just whichever one you like more.
Reshiram is Dragon/Fire and focuses on special attacks. He's the white one you get in Pokemon Black.
Zekrom is Dragon/Electric and focuses on physical attacks. He's the black one you get in Pokemon White.

And you know, if you wait until fall you can get Black 2 or White 2.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
So should i get white or black which one has the better legendary

They're both amazing in battle--comparable to Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, basically. It all comes down to which you like better, say, which one you think looks better. White gets you Zekrom, while Black gets you Reshiram; as I pretty much said just above, I went with White because I think Zekrom looks cooler.

Lanik

Both games have awesome legends, but if you buy White you can catch Thundurus, the best legend in the kami trio. Thundurus is Uber.

Also, you don't have to be a genius to know what DS games are worth buying.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Yes, Colosseum is awesome. I don't know why I forgot to mention that. But your second post is both a double post and off topic, so I would delete it.

DMerle

Guess who's back
When the Everstone breeding mechanic was introduced in Emerald, only female Pokemon and Ditto could pass down their nature with an Everstone.

Starting from HG/SS and continuing into B/W, males can now also Everstone breed so since you're playing B/W you can give the Everstone to either parent.

You have a Modest male Deino and Quiet female Deino, both are Sp. Attack boosting natures. Since Modest is the one you want, give the male an Everstone. Keep in mind that in HG/SS and B/W, males can now pass their nature with the Everstone. In Emerald and D/P/Pt, it was only females and Ditto that could do this.

Everstone breeding mechanics by game:

Emerald/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Females and Ditto only

HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White: Males, Females and Ditto.

Ooh that's great man, thanks for the info.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is 'Shield Dust' poke affected by powders, thunderwave, and etc, or it just blocks the effect of direct damaging moves?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
How long can I expect my internal battery to last on Red and Yellow? I've seen some people on the Internet say they don't have them because they don't have time but some people seem to say theirs have run dry. Does the amount I play them affect it? What kind of shop would I be able to bring my cartridges to to have them replaced and how much would this cost?

Thanks.

BCVM22

Very few shops if any are going to do it for you. It's not like fixing a VCR - it isn't a standard operation. If you really want to replace the battery, you have to obtain a new one yourself and replace it yourself, a very delicate operation.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
how do i get a water stone in sapphire version? and can ludicolo learn waterfall?

You can find a Water Stone on the Abandoned Ship, or you can get one by trading a blue shard to the NPC on Route 124. Yes, Ludicolo can learn Waterfall if you use HM07 on it.
You can see item locations here and what moves Pokemon can learn here.

Is 'Shield Dust' poke affected by powders, thunderwave, and etc, or it just blocks the effect of direct damaging moves?

There are some attacks that can cause secondary effects. For example, Body Slam has a 30% to paralyze you. Shield Dust only blocks these secondary effects; it does not prevent moves that only cause effects. So it will not protect you from moves like Thunder Wave or Sleep Powder, but you will not be paralyzed by Body Slam.
Shield Dust affects the same moves that Serene Grace does. Here's a list of the moves Shield Dust prevents. (It only blocks the added effects, not the damage itself.)

aclover

VICTORiOUS
I wouldn't suggest getting some of the Gen III games, as it is inevitable that R/S/E Will get a Remake in the future... But by all means Go ahead if ya want, FR/LG are pretty good (and probably cheap)

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
You can find a Water Stone on the Abandoned Ship, or you can get one by trading a blue shard to the NPC on Route 124. Yes, Ludicolo can learn Waterfall if you use HM07 on it.
You can see item locations here and what moves Pokemon can learn here.

There are some attacks that can cause secondary effects. For example, Body Slam has a 30% to paralyze you. Shield Dust only blocks these secondary effects; it does not prevent moves that only cause effects. So it will not protect you from moves like Thunder Wave or Sleep Powder, but you will not be paralyzed by Body Slam.
Shield Dust affects the same moves that Serene Grace does. Here's a list of the moves Shield Dust prevents. (It only blocks the added effects, not the damage itself.)

Thx hun! Guys, where can I find these tiny sprites of pokes that people here often use? I'd like to copy some into my sig, but I need the full list for it :)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Thx hun! Guys, where can I find these tiny sprites of pokes that people here often use? I'd like to copy some into my sig, but I need the full list for it :)

You mean these? ;025; ;358; ;095;

They're smilies, We've got almost all the Box images. For Pokémon Pre Unova, they're ;###: Where ### is the 3 digit National Dex no. For Unova Pokémon :###: where the ### is the 3 digit National Dex no of them. There are exceptions for several Pokémon generally that have different formes.

There are others, Most of them can be found within the More Link within certain reply/text screens.