• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Fire/steel would have a 4x weakness to ground and water/rock would have a 4x weakness to grass...

If the x4 weakness isn't to a type that is in either of the trios, it doesn't apply.
In what we proposed at first, the 4x Ground weakness doesn't matter, but the Grass one certainly does... :/

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
what is good nature for metangross? is hasty any good?

Standard Metagross is almost always Adamant. The only notable exceptions are Scarfed variants and Agilitygross, which are obviously Jolly, and any used in TR which would want Brave. Hasty is +Spd/-Def, which is obviously inferior to Jolly, but not completely detrimental. Depending on how the IVs look, you could go for one of the speed minded sets and probably be okay. Metagross' bulk is one of its selling points though, so that's an unfortunate nature if you're stuck with it. Definitely not the worst it could be though.

Flippd

I'm having a question.

I'm building a Rain team and the first Pokemon I need is Politoed, since it has Drizzle. But that's his Hidden Ability.
So I was looking and the Dream World has Poliwag, Politoed's first evolution. I now catched one.

If I evolve that Poliwag to a Politoed, does it have Drizzle or will it have Water Absorb/Damp?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I'm having a question.

I'm building a Rain team and the first Pokemon I need is Politoed, since it has Drizzle. But that's his Hidden Ability.
So I was looking and the Dream World has Poliwag, Politoed's first evolution. I now catched one.

If I evolve that Poliwag to a Politoed, does it have Drizzle or will it have Water Absorb/Damp?

If Poliwag has it hidden Ability, Swift Swim, then when it evolve into a Politoed it will have Drizzle.

Candy Coated Gengar

I don't want there to be hypothetical starters with types Fire, Water/Steel, and Grass/Rock. Throws off that balance!
Though it does make each first type neutral to what it would otherwise be NVE to (Fire being neutral to Water/Steel instead of NVE to Water), but eh, it doesn't really flow... :/

Well, that's already kind of the D/P/P starters in their final forms. Well, except it's a Fire/Fighting and Grass/Ground, but it's close.

And is the NVE really necessary for the teaching experience? As long as they teach Water beats Fire but loses to Grass, Fire beats Grass but loses to Water and Grass beats Water but loses to Fire, isn't the objective of the starter Pokemon achieved?

Will it be possible to get pokemon from B&W1 to B&W2 w/out trading them over 1 by 1?

I am completing my national pokedex on black and white and it would take forever to send the pokemon over to black and white 2 via trade. Does anyone know if they will have a solution for this. It would be nice if you could poketransfer from B&W 1 to B&W 2 or something similar.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I am completing my national pokedex on black and white and it would take forever to send the pokemon over to black and white 2 via trade. Does anyone know if they will have a solution for this. It would be nice if you could poketransfer from B&W 1 to B&W 2 or something similar.

Sorry trading is the only way to go.

It would be nice if Game Freak released a pokémon box to make sending them over quicker.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well, that's already kind of the D/P/P starters in their final forms. Well, except it's a Fire/Fighting and Grass/Ground, but it's close.

And is the NVE really necessary for the teaching experience? As long as they teach Water beats Fire but loses to Grass, Fire beats Grass but loses to Water and Grass beats Water but loses to Fire, isn't the objective of the starter Pokemon achieved?

Yeah, it would. But I'm just saying that the reverse-cycle would be cool on those starter Pokémon.
Alternatively, there could be Pokémon with two stages or something with those types. :)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Unless you're using Hidden Power, IV's don't matter all that much. Granted, they help, but is 20 more points in a stat worth hundreds of hours of constant breeding?

Frozen Ghost

The dream world won't work for me, and I know why, but is it worth trading all my pokemon over to my other game and restarting just to get the dream world back?

Indigoodra

Unless you're using Hidden Power, IV's don't matter all that much. Granted, they help, but is 20 more points in a stat worth hundreds of hours of constant breeding?

(Is this a trick question?)

Of course, all the serious competitive people find shortcuts, so...

But really, if you're just playing casually (like PBR or Battle Frontier/Subway/Tower), it shouldn't matter much.

Dangertrout

ah, that's easy to fix. don't try to connect to the DW, don't change the clock on your DS and don't swap systems for a full 24hours. then it should work normally again

Dangertrout

hmmm, that's weird. I know the three things I mentioned will reset the recharge timer, but if you didn't touch your game for a week it should have been fine. unless the system you used a week later was different from the one you used before your break?