• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Dangertrout

well then. not sure it's worth the effort to transfer everything off and restart. especially since i don't think you can add a second game to your account. (at least, not of the same version) so you'd also have to make a new pokemon club account or whatever it was as well. might be easier to just trade with people for whatever you need in the DW :(

Dangertrout

in black or white, i heard that can find shinies more than once, is this true?

well, that's true in every game. every pokemon you encounter have a 1/8192 chance at being shiny. in Gen 4 and up, breeding pokemon from different language games increases your chances to ~1/6000 (Gen 4), ~1, 300 (BW) or ~1/1000 (BW2 with the shining charm)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
when i go to put a pokemon to sleep, it says it needs recharging, but its said that for a while now.

ah, that's easy to fix. don't try to connect to the DW, don't change the clock on your DS and don't swap systems for a full 24hours. then it should work normally again

In addition to the things that Dangertrout listed, if you have ever used a cheating device with your system, that can mess up your ability to get into the DW.

in black or white, i heard that can find shinies more than once, is this true?

Of course you can find more than one shiny per game. The chances of finding them are slim, but that's why we have the Masuda Method, REs, SRs, and chaining.

Candy Coated Gengar

Yeah, it would. But I'm just saying that the reverse-cycle would be cool on those starter Pokémon.
Alternatively, there could be Pokémon with two stages or something with those types. :)

That would be neat to see if Gamefreak ever went and did it. Though honestly I'd enjoy a generation where there are no new Pokemon added and they just mash up what you encounter between all the current existing Pokemon (including a starter trio that isn't just Fire/Grass/Water).

But anyways, is the Quintet I mentioned the only one you can get?

*IZ*

Thank you so much! You're always the 1st one to answer my questions. :)

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Unless you're using Hidden Power, IV's don't matter all that much. Granted, they help, but is 20 more points in a stat worth hundreds of hours of constant breeding?

Well first of all, I reject your premise that it takes "hundreds of hours of constant breeding" to get good IVs. I have a flawless Ditto I can use to get a Pokemon with perfect IVs in half its stats in a little under an hour. It takes maybe a weekend to get one that would really be competitively viable in my mind (i.e. egg moves, perfect IVs, correct nature and potentially a specific HP, all in one Pokemon) using that Ditto. And of course there's also always RNG (one day I'll learn how...).

Beyond that however, no, IVs are not critical except in Speed. You can get by with a less-than-flawless IV in your Attack stat or your Special Defense stat for example, but the Speed stat in particular is where it really matters to have an IV of 31. Many standard sets calculate their EV spread to outspeed particular targets, but those calculations assume a 31 in the Speed IV. If it is less than that, you would have to increase the EVs you put into Speed to compensate for it, which means taking them from something else in turn. An Attack stat of 350 isn't wildly different from an Attack stat of 349, but a Speed stat of 350 and 349 could be the difference between outspeeding your opponent and winning and not outspeeding them and losing if your opponent is also in that range. Speed is the only stat where a one point difference is actually significant, so therefore your Speed IV is very important. Not so much with the other stats, but of course it helps.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
About IVs that are passed on to the offsprings:

If only 1 IV can be guaranteed, and another 1 passes randomly from the other one. How the rest IVs of the children are set- an exact average of each parents' other particular IVs?

About IVs that are passed on to the offsprings:

If only 1 IV can be guaranteed, and another 1 passes randomly from the other one. How the rest IVs of the children are set- an exact average of each parents' other particular IVs?
3 IVs are forced down onto the Offspring, not 1. You can control which IV you want to force down with the matching Power Items, but you can only force down 1 IV among 2 parents. The other 3 are random.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Is there another way to get BP? I hate the battle subway but I need power items.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Is there another way to get BP? I hate the battle subway but I need power items.

When you get past the first rounds, the next ones get you more BP. You need patience.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
in white my pokemon have purple faces beside where the red star is.
what does it mean?
That means they were cured of pokerus. They gain the double EVs still, but the Pokerus can no longer spread.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
in white my pokemon have purple faces beside where the red star is.
what does it mean?

It means that your pokémon once had Pokérus and can no longer infect other pokémon.

They still feel the benefit though.