• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Smaruc

Hello everyone on this forum! i need your help and i hope you can help me with my problem.

i bought a 3DS xl when it was released (the first nintendo console i bought since gameboy color) along with pokemon white.

now there was a similar question to mine back on page 688 in this thread but it didn't help me.

i want to trade pokemon from my little brothers platinum game to my white game as well as evolve some pokemon through trade but when i enter the room for trade i cant see anyone but myself and the same when i am in the room on the platinum version (my little brother has a ds lite) and the wireless button is on.

also i have another question, this time about the GTS. Is it so that it only lets you search for pokemon you have seen in game?

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Hello everyone on this forum! i need your help and i hope you can help me with my problem.

i bought a 3DS xl when it was released (the first nintendo console i bought since gameboy color) along with pokemon white.

now there was a similar question to mine back on page 688 in this thread but it didn't help me.

i want to trade pokemon from my little brothers platinum game to my white game as well as evolve some pokemon through trade but when i enter the room for trade i cant see anyone but myself and the same when i am in the room on the platinum version (my little brother has a ds lite) and the wireless button is on.

also i have another question, this time about the GTS. Is it so that it only lets you search for pokemon you have seen in game?
Generation V games are not compatable with generation IV games...in short, you can't trade between white and platinum. And you are correct on the second part.

Aegon

how do i get more than 2 perfect ivs in heart gold?or is it just luck after that
It is down to luck, but with perfect parents, it's much easier. Or you could RNG.

Platinum is a Gen IV title, and so cannot trade with White, a game from Gen V. Pokémon can be transferred from Gen IV to Gen V, but not vice versa.

Yes.

Smaruc

Generation V games are not compatable with generation IV games...in short, you can't trade between white and platinum. And you are correct on the second part.

So thats how it is, thanks for the quick answer. Now i dont need to think about that anymore.

Annoying that the GTS use the pokedex but at the same time i can understand why.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So thats how it is, thanks for the quick answer. Now i dont need to think about that anymore.

Annoying that the GTS use the pokedex but at the same time i can understand why.

Yes It's very annoying but the quicker you complete the pokedex, the more pokemon you have to chose from :)

When you surf, you might run into a Pokémon by accident and engage in battle. Pokémon that can only be found by fishing probably don't stay close to the surface or are only attracted to bait on fishing rods.

I think.

This is known as The Rage Glitch. Quoting from Bulbapedia:

You can use that Ditto to pass down Egg moves if you'd like. It's not cheating, it's a glitch.

except any egg knowing illegal egg combinations is still considered to be illegal.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
About MMing- If two foreign-langs pokes [not different langs from each other though. i.e: jap & jap] are put in the daycare together, do the chances to get a shiny offspring increase?

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
About MMing- If two foreign-langs pokes [not different langs from each other though. i.e: jap & jap] are put in the daycare together, do the chances to get a shiny offspring increase?

no, they have to be different countrys no matter ur game language

pacack825

A meowing duck.

No. Then, japanese people would get shinies more often. Keep in mind, to them, we're foreign.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
No. Then, japanese people would get shinies more often. Keep in mind, to them, we're foreign.

He/She means a diff lang then their own games I think

pacack825

A meowing duck.

pacack825

A meowing duck.

Smaruc

while using the GTS i often come across some strange requests like zekrom lvl 9 and under and volcarona lvl 9 and under.

first off, legendaries cant breed right?

second, can you use a for example a leaf stone on another grass type that would have evolved through leveling up or are the stones only used on pokemon that requires them for example an eevee to evolve into leafeon?

i guess it's the latter in second question and no on the first one but i just want to make sure since the last pokemon game i played before white was silver.

and i know volcarona is not legendary in case it sounded like i thought he was.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
while using the GTS i often come across some strange requests like zekrom lvl 9 and under and volcarona lvl 9 and under.

first off, legendaries cant breed right?

Volcarona isn't a legendary and no they can't breed, except for Manaphy and Phione.

The level 9 pokémon you see requested is people showing off there pokémon or to prevent them from being traded.

second, can you use a for example a leaf stone on another grass type that would have evolved through leveling up or are the stones only used on pokemon that requires them for example an eevee to evolve into leafeon?

Let me clear some things up.

1. only select pokémon can use the leaf stone to evolve.
2. the Leaf stone is one time use only.
3. Eevee doesn't evolve into leafeon with a leaf stone.

Smaruc

Volcarona isn't a legendary and no they can't breed, except for Manaphy and Phione.

The level 9 pokémon you see requested is people showing off there pokémon or to prevent them from being traded.

Let me clear some things up.

1. only select pokémon can use the leaf stone to evolve.
2. the Leaf stone is one time use only.
3. Eevee doesn't evolve into leafeon with a leaf stone.

so annoying that they can put such requests, they (gamefreak, Nintendo) should make it so that you cant request legendary and evolved pokemon under the lvl they are captured at or evolved. if someone wants to showoff all there shiny pokemon they can go onto a forum and post a picture.

1. ok
2. i know that
3. ah, i forgot that it was a special way to evolve eevee into leafeon but it's easy to connect leafeon to the leaf stone because of the name.

and one more thing, i did say i knew that volcarona isn't legendary at the bottom of my post :)

anyway thanks for the quick answer :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This isn't a genuine question but it should be asked anyway:

How many pairs of Pokemon have the exact same cry?

I'm pretty sure that there aren't two Pokemon with the exact same cry. Agonist is right; some cries have the same pattern but are slightly altered, but no two are exactly the same.