• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Canto

Except for event in pokémon crystal (jp)

I guess, but it still can't be caught in the wild.

If I breed two pansages that have the gluttony ability will any pansage that hatches from their eggs have a chance of getting the hidden ability overgrow?

In order to breed a Pansage with Overgrow, the mother Pansage/Simisage has to have Overgrow. So, in other words, no.

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
How do I access Dream World if I'm playing a Japanese game but not living in Japan? Do I just randomly fill out the details? Will they track me down xD?

How do I access Dream World if I'm playing a Japanese game but not living in Japan? Do I just randomly fill out the details? Will they track me down xD?
They won't literally track you down as to locate your home address, though they will still occasionally send emails to the provided email address, if enabled. Registration is essentially the same; you can randomly fill in most details, just be sure to look out for important ones such as password and username. A basic understanding of katakana and kanji would be helpful too (for me it was) to fill in the details.

BJPalmer85

When you EV train a pokemon do you typically EV train their best stats or try to round them out?

B

KumaKuma

Emerald Ursine~
Yet another breeding question :p. If you breed a female shiny with another shiny or even non-shiny will the pokemon that hatches be a shiny? Or is it still a really rare chance?

Aegon

Yet another breeding question :p. If you breed a female shiny with another shiny or even non-shiny will the pokemon that hatches be a shiny? Or is it still a really rare chance?
The shininess of the parent(s) has no effect on the outcome of the offspring's colouration. That depends on factors such as the language origin of the parents.

Though I'm sure this is superfluous, the above applies only to post-Gen II games, due to how shininess was determined through IVs in Gen II.

When you EV train a pokemon do you typically EV train their best stats or try to round them out?

B
Generally, Pokémon are EV trained in their strongest stats.

Last edited:

KumaKuma

Emerald Ursine~
The shininess of the parent(s) has no effect on the outcome of the offspring's colouration. That depends on factors such as the language origin of the parents.

Though I'm sure this is superfluous, the above applies only to post-Gen II games, due to how shininess was determined through IVs in Gen II.

Ah alright thanks a bunch

BJPalmer85

Generally, Pokémon are EV trained in their strongest stats.

but what about in the case of Sp def/Def pokemon. Would you train them higher in those categories or HP train them for survivability?

B

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
but what about in the case of Sp def/Def pokemon. Would you train them higher in those categories or HP train them for survivability?

You train their HP and whichever defensive stat you think they need more, or make a custom spread.

BJPalmer85

You train their HP and whichever defensive stat you think they need more, or make a custom spread.

An example: Ferrothorn has high def and sp def. 4x weakness to fire, train in HP and Sp Def?

something like that?

B

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
An example: Ferrothorn has high def and sp def. 4x weakness to fire, train in HP and Sp Def?

something like that?

Or you decide to go mostly physical wall because you have Tentacruel to take Fire hits and run 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD.

Or you make a custom spread dependent on surviving specific hits from both sides of the spectrum.

It depends on how you want to play it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Question: What JB HiFi shops in New Zealand would have the Meloetta event? I try looking at the list but it won't show up on my computer.

something like that?

B

Depends if you have more fire/fighting resists, and if oyu run rain. In rain fighting is more problematic so Def is better, but out of rain sp def helps survive hp fires for extra hazards/ t waves.

Zachmac

Where can I get bitter medicine in Black 2? I made some mistakes EV training, then raised my Reshiram to level 100 for Blue Flare....and now I have a bunch of junk EVs I want to erase at join avenue. But, since it's at max happiness, and I can't get the EV erasing items if it's happiness is maxed, I'm going to need to get my Reshiram angry with me.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Where can I get bitter medicine in Black 2? I made some mistakes EV training, then raised my Reshiram to level 100 for Blue Flare....and now I have a bunch of junk EVs I want to erase at join avenue. But, since it's at max happiness, and I can't get the EV erasing items if it's happiness is maxed, I'm going to need to get my Reshiram angry with me.
I do believe, good sir that they can be bought in the Driftveil Mrket. I apologise if I'm wrong! XD

redcharzard

Semi-competitive

Battle girls in the sports dome well give you a energy root and don't the EV removing items work if your at max happiness?

Mr. Combover

If a Pokemon has Hidden Power the same as its type, will it receive STAB from it?

Also, if a Normal-type Pokemon uses Hidden Power, will it receive STAB since Hidden Power is a normal-type move?