• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

MiloticTwins

The Pokémon Base Stat Total List by Strength Black2 and White2 Edition

Hi, I just want to know if you can please list all the Pokémon's base stat total by their strength, you know, from the weakest to the strongest as of the release of Pokémon Black and White Versions 2? However, you can divide them into whichever number of strength groups from the weakest to the strongest you want respectively. All the best! ;)

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
What happened to Ritchie in the Pokemon Anime? He used to be one of my favourite characters!

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
What happened to Ritchie in the Pokemon Anime? He used to be one of my favourite characters!
He came back for the Whirl Islands in Johto, and he was in three episodes of Pokemon Chronicles.

Wait just how long are Pokémon games kept in production? More specifically Platinum.
Typically not very long. A year or two maybe. I don't think they've ever kept producing copies of a game after the next generation has come out at least. I know D/P aren't still made, and I highly doubt Platinum is.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
He came back for the Whirl Islands in Johto, and he was in three episodes of Pokemon Chronicles.

Typically not very long. A year or two maybe. I don't think they've ever kept producing copies of a game after the next generation has come out at least. I know D/P aren't still made, and I highly doubt Platinum is.
This sucks, I've been looking for a copy of Platinum I can't even find a used copy.

Thank you though.

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
This sucks, I've been looking for a copy of Platinum I can't even find a used copy.

Thank you though.

Yeah, Platinum is out of print - I had to buy a used copy in February, because they don't make it new anymore. If you live in the UK, you can try a GAME store - the one I got mine from had three copies when I rang up, and you can ask them to save one for you. Otherwise, you can probably get a copy from Amazon, even a new copy (I've just checked, and they're selling a new copy of Platinum for just under $50).

Hasty

Moonside
Who names the Pokemon with their non-japanese names (English, German, French, etc)?? Gamefreak? TCPi? Small groups of Nintendo-employees in the belonging countries?

BCVM22

The various international Nintendo subsidiaries (NoA, NoE, etc.) give the critters their international names, though very often the various European translations will start from the English names rather than the Japanese ones.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
On the normal GTS, it's basically luck. On Negotiations, if you use the trainer message (the one that appears on your Trainer Card) that goes something like:

Want to trade ____?
Here's a hint, ____!

In the first ____ put the name of the Pokémon you're looking for, and in the second put it's ability (if you can). If you can't find in your word inventory, try putting 'DREAM' instead. This has worked for me on countless occasions.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
On the normal GTS, it's basically luck. On Negotiations, if you use the trainer message (the one that appears on your Trainer Card) that goes something like:

Want to trade ____?
Here's a hint, ____!

In the first ____ put the name of the Pokémon you're looking for, and in the second put it's ability (if you can). If you can't find in your word inventory, try putting 'DREAM' instead. This has worked for me on countless occasions.

Thanks. I wanted to get a Gothita, but then remembered the event one, which is why I change my question above, but I'll delete that and post it here:

Is Gothita available with its Dream World ability apart from the special one for which you need the code from a BW2 Guide?

And can you SR for a nature/Hidden Power in the Entralink Forest?

Aegon

Is Gothita available with its Dream World ability apart from the special one for which you need the code from a BW2 Guide?
Gothita isn't available at all, since it was a Gothorita that was released through the Global Link promotion, and that was male-only.

And can you SR for a nature/Hidden Power in the Entralink Forest?
Yes.

randomspot555

He was a character that was pretty much created to defeat Ash at the Indigo League. He appeared in some later episodes but who really cares.

Who names the Pokemon with their non-japanese names (English, German, French, etc)?? Gamefreak? TCPi? Small groups of Nintendo-employees in the belonging countries?

The former translator for the series, Nob Ogasawara (first gen until fourth gen, except for the "new" parts in HGSS), basically was given a list of the names already decided for Pokemon. He had some freedom in choosing random NPCs and was able to suggest some translated names for some Pokemon, some of which were chosen (Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff) and some not.

He did say that the possible name for Gyarados, Skullraken, was basically a fight between Game Freak and Nintendo's marketing department.

So basically the translators probably get little leeway in names of Pokemon and important characters. But they have some leeway in NPCs and random text dialogue. Nob, for example, often inserted references to Internet memes in some of the games.

The various international Nintendo subsidiaries (NoA, NoE, etc.) give the critters their international names, though very often the various European translations will start from the English names rather than the Japanese ones.

This also. While the English games are localized based on the JApanese, the other releases are localized based on the English games.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Okay, so, I have my Gothorita in the Entralink, and want to SR for a Timid nature and Hidden Power Ice. That might take a long time, so does anybody know of any way I could speed it up? For example, does Synchronize work in the Entralink?

Aegon

Okay, so, I have my Gothorita in the Entralink, and want to SR for a Timid nature and Hidden Power Ice. That might take a long time, so does anybody know of any way I could speed it up? For example, does Synchronize work in the Entralink?
Synchronize doesn't work in the Entralink, no. The only way you'll be able to get your desired results aside from pure chance is by RNGing.

Regality

Digital King
..is soft resetting considered as cheating/should it be?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Soft resetting is just resetting the game until you get the desired result, it is not cheating nor should it be considered cheating.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Soft resetting is not cheating because you are just restarting your game thousands of times until you get the desired result (nature, Hidden Power, IVs, shininess, etc.). The game randomly generates those, and so SRing is just restarting your game until it randomly generates what you want. It's not cheating and I doubt it ever will be considered cheating. You can't make the game randomly generate impossible or illegal things, such as illegal move combinations or Pokemon in Cherish Balls that were never released at events. Cheating is when you use an outside source to manipulate the game and program in what you want, like an AR or Gameshark. You can use those to produce illegal move combinations, items, Pokemon, etc.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Hi guys, weird question here. I need to know if my game is a pirated copy. I bought it off ebay and it arrived today, a US version in a clear case (I thought all US versions would be in a black case?). There were other things suspicious about it too:

-Summary on the back full of typos
-Different language (spanish?) in the screenshots
-Unable to connect to GTS
-When I contacted seller for a refund, he said he was overseas at the moment and will 'attend to the matter' when he gets back (who knows when)

However there were things that were very similar to all my previous games which I purchased from EB games (australian version of gamestop):

-Instructions manual printed on glossy paper with all 58 pages. No typos.
-The cover is holographic and also printed on glossy paper
-Cartridge has the indent on back, and it has all the codes of a legit game
-Seller was from Australia, not an Asian country
-Both my DS lite and 3DS play it fine. I thought the 3DS was pirate proof?
-Dream radar allows me to capture giratina

I'm 95% sure this is a pirated copy, but a small part of me really hopes it isn't because I've already invested about 10 hours into the game and it would be a shame to start all over again. Plus all I've wanted was a bridge to transfer my 3rd gen mons into 5th gen. Would any pokemon from a legit sapphire game, after passing through a fake platinum, still be considered legitimate when they finally end up in a legit white 2 game?