• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I did this mistake on my SS game and agreed that my mother would save money for me and nudge me rather often over the phone, but now I want it no longer. Is there anyway I can turn off her help?

YingNeko

EV training situation (doesn't understand) help?

Okay, so i'm just getting into EV training... finally get to whole idea of it I think... then this situation happens and i'm confused all over again.

So i have a male Umbreon Lv. 41, Hasty nature with a sturdy body... I'm trying to raise it's Attack stats in Soul Silver so i train it on Route 42 against Goldeen and Seaking...

I've looked it up and Goldeen give you 1 point in attack EV and Seaking gives you 2 in attack...

Now my Umbreon has the pokerus so that mean all EV point are doubled, So Goldeens now give me 2 points and Seaking give me 4 points, right?

So i fight 3 Seaking and 4 goldeen... in all that should give me 20 points in attack EV... 4 EV points equal 1 stat point increase, so when my Umbreon leveled up to LV 42 it should say my attack stat raised by 5 points then right?

But my attack stat only went up by 1 point... i'm confused... am I missing something? is there something in my Nature or characteristic that's cutting my EV points or is it something else?

please someone explain what i'm doing wrong.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Okay, so i'm just getting into EV training... finally get to whole idea of it I think... then this situation happens and i'm confused all over again.

So i have a male Umbreon Lv. 41, Hasty nature with a sturdy body... I'm trying to raise it's Attack stats in Soul Silver so i train it on Route 42 against Goldeen and Seaking...

I've looked it up and Goldeen give you 1 point in attack EV and Seaking gives you 2 in attack...

Now my Umbreon has the pokerus so that mean all EV point are doubled, So Goldeens now give me 2 points and Seaking give me 4 points, right?

So i fight 3 Seaking and 4 goldeen... in all that should give me 20 points in attack EV... 4 EV points equal 1 stat point increase, so when my Umbreon leveled up to LV 42 it should say my attack stat raised by 5 points then right?

But my attack stat only went up by 1 point... i'm confused... am I missing something? is there something in my Nature or characteristic that's cutting my EV points or is it something else?

Most likely, you have already maxed out Umbreon's EVs. You can only get 255 EVs in one stat, with a 510 total cap. Try using a fresh, untouched Eevee, then evolving it after.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Like what Divine Retribution said, your Umbreon's EVs might have been maxed, considering yours is already trained.

Hasty Nature is bad on an Umbreon anyway, so use a fresh Eevee with Relaxed/Sassy/Brave/Impish/Careful Nature instead.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me

Another thing that should be mentioned is that all these calculations and this equation that 4 pts=1 bonus to a single stat in particular work at their best when the pokemon reaches level 100, so it doesn't mean that your Umbreon has had to get a boost of 5 points right when it levelled up. Were these the 1st points it has gained through this EV'ing process until that point or were you already in the middle of it?

Last edited:

Just`

i was playing the champions tournament in white 2. when i fought red, i had an ev trained choice scarfed sawk (speed and attack). however, red's blastoise was still able to outspeed sawk. even if blastoise is scarfed (it is) and ev trained in speed, how could it outspeed a scarfed ev trained sawk? blastoise base speed: 78. sawk base speed: 85. how?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Which Berries should I grow as many I can in the Dream world?

Besides the Event only ones, which berries are not available/hard to get in the BW2?

Well, some of those event berries, like the pinch boosting berries, can be bought in Join Avenue anyway, though that would entirely depend on which berries you can buy from your Berry Shops. Those like Yache Berry that decrease the damage of one super effective attack would be a good choice, since again, they can only be bought in Join Avenue, with only a few available depending on your shops. If nothing else, EV reducing berries aren't a bad choice since your only other method of obtaining them would be Join Avenue or the the breeder on Route 5 (even if you still have the Salons to do that). Others like Watmel and Belue Berries have little/no use in-game, unless we can transfer items to Gen 6 in case we have another Poke Block/Poffin equivalent.

randomspot555

Which Berries should I grow as many I can in the Dream world?

Besides the Event only ones, which berries are not available/hard to get in the BW2?

Oran will give you 2-5 berries and has a fairly short grow time. Some of the berries can get you up to something like 15 or 20 but they take longer to grow.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Well, some of those event berries, like the pinch boosting berries, can be bought in Join Avenue anyway, though that would entirely depend on which berries you can buy from your Berry Shops. Those like Yache Berry that decrease the damage of one super effective attack would be a good choice, since again, they can only be bought in Join Avenue, with only a few available depending on your shops. If nothing else, EV reducing berries aren't a bad choice since your only other method of obtaining them would be Join Avenue or the the breeder on Route 5 (even if you still have the Salons to do that). Others like Watmel and Belue Berries have little/no use in-game, unless we can transfer items to Gen 6 in case we have another Poke Block/Poffin equivalent.

Sounds reasonable. So what are the berries that I can't obtain via the game unless Via PDW?

I think the Mircle, and a few others stand out.

Sorry, I'm planning to stock pile them and Trade them out next year.

randomspot555

Sounds reasonable. So what are the berries that I can't obtain via the game unless Via PDW?

Keep in mind that any Pokemon woken up after Dec 10th, that'll be the last time you can get out of the DW and it completely shuts down on Jan 14, 2014. Presumably everything in the current Global Link accounts such as C-Gear skins, berries, etc... will be gone.

The most notable, non-common berry that is unavailable in the DW is Enigma, which was distributed on some Darkrai events in Gen 5. It was never made available in the DW for growing. All the other event berries were made available in the DW. And all the common berries, I believe, can be obtained both in-game and grown in DW assuming you're using BW2 for berries.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

Uh, let's see. Aside from Micle, the Custap, Jaboca and Rowap bereies are the only ones that are exclusive to DW, if I'm not mistaken. The rest should be obtainable in some way, usually Join Avenue. I think the only ones that aren't an event berry, or found in Join Avenue or wild Pokemon are Lansat and Starf, which are only found in the Battle Subway with am absurd streak of 105 and 203, respectively.

The most notable, non-common berry that is unavailable in the DW is Enigma, which was distributed on some Darkrai events in Gen 5. It was never made available in the DW for growing. All the other event berries were made available in the DW. And all the common berries, I believe, can be obtained both in-game and grown in DW assuming you're using BW2 for berries.

I believe this would be a more concrete summary of the info you're looking for.

Last edited:

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
i was playing the champions tournament in white 2. when i fought red, i had an ev trained choice scarfed sawk (speed and attack). however, red's blastoise was still able to outspeed sawk. even if blastoise is scarfed (it is) and ev trained in speed, how could it outspeed a scarfed ev trained sawk? blastoise base speed: 78. sawk base speed: 85. how?

Nature and IVs. I don't know the specifics of Red's Blastoise, but assuming they were both EV trained in Speed and both either had or didn't have a scarf, if Sawk had a 0 Speed IV and hindering nature, and Blastoise had a 31 Speed IV and a beneficial nature, the Blastoise would hit 281 Speed while Sawk would only hit 214 Speed.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Uh, let's see. Aside from Micle, the Custap, Jaboca and Rowap bereies are the only ones that are exclusive to DW, if I'm not mistaken. The rest should be obtainable in some way, usually Join Avenue. I think the only ones that aren't an event berry, or found in Join Avenue or wild Pokemon are Lansat and Starf, which are only found in the Battle Subway with am absurd streak of 105 and 203, respectively.

Thanks, That was exactly I was looking for.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Hi, I have a question about Emerald's Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier. I've been trying for weeks to beat the LV50 one to get the ribbon. Does anyone know what my win streak has to be? I thought it had to be like 100 wins but then I looked it up on Serebii and Bulbapedia(sorry Serebii!) and I couldn't find a specific number. Maybe I missed it?

A side note...it is extremely frustrating to be barely able to get past 35 wins and then the AI totally cheats >_<

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Does the move Extremespeed have even an earlier priority even than the more common hastened-priority moves Iceshard and so on?

Last edited: