• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

I'm looking for a Noibat (pre-evo of Noivern) to complete my team. I'm right before the final gym, and I've made it to Terminus Cave, can anyone tell me what level they're found on or how rare they are? Thanks.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey I wanted to start getting into competitive battles and I have a question about EV training. Do only certain pokemon give you EV's? If so, if I avoid battling these pokemon will my pokemon's stats be the exact same as a pokemon that was leveled up with only rare candys? thanks for the help.

All Pokémon give EVs, certain Pokemon give EVs in a specified stats.

I recommend completing the game first, then breed the moves you want on the Pokémon you want, before EV training.

In Y How do I get to the tall grass on Route 16 because I really want a Pumpkaboo?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
How do we know that Goomy has the hidden ability of Gooey if it can't be caught in the Friend Safari? Is there some other way to get it?

If I recall correctly, a Goomy in a Horde Battle can have the ability. Otherwise, I know Gooey is its hidden ability because I fought a Sliggoo in the Battle Maison with Gooey.

I can't find any way to get to it.

Hm, just checked and I see that you if go from Dendemille Town to Route 15, go directly down. You do need to push down one rock with Strength and then you should have access there.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Hm Does anyone have any idea what Xeneas ideal nature would be?

Also anyone knows if megas retain shiny colors?

All Gen 6 legendaries have the same stats so either Modest or Timid since fairy moves are mainly special and it has access to Geomancy so I would go with modest personally. Base 100 speed is okay but with ev training and use of geomancy, its speed should be high enough to outspeed most ubers.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Based on previous generations, how long do you think it will take Smogon to update their RNG guide to account for the new hardware/software changes in the 3DS and X and Y? I've always wanted to learn how to do it, and the start of a new generation seems like the perfect time to do it.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
What do natures do?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Based on previous generations, how long do you think it will take Smogon to update their RNG guide to account for the new hardware/software changes in the 3DS and X and Y? I've always wanted to learn how to do it, and the start of a new generation seems like the perfect time to do it.

For X & Y: I think it Could take years, or never. Unlike the Previous Generations, they can't look at the game code. It may have taken the a few months to work out for the 5th gen games, as they can see what effects what and work out how the game makes the Seed. Remember after week in Gen 5 we had a almost complete Pokédex, but in Gen 6 we're still working out base stats and move sets.

Gen 5 and older games still are good to RNG in.

What do natures do?

Natures Give a 10% Bonus to one stat at the expense of another stat, which gets reduced by 10%. They set as soon as you see it.

In example is that, you don't want a member of the Abra line to be Adamant as it boost Attack, which it doesn't use, and Decreases Special Attack which almost every move it has uses.