• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I believe the 3DS supports WPA, not just WEP. 5th gen games were able to take WPA (unlike 4th gen - only the DS around then so it only worked with WEP), so X&Y should too. If the connection works on your 3DS, it should be fine for the games too.

If you still can't get a connection to work with your 3ds then try looking at Connectify Hotspot (google), it's something you can download for free and will basically rehost your wifi in a different form. That might be able to help you out.

Now for exmaple, I've been testing my local hotspot. It does support my 3DS, but not my SS itself. How can I not know that it wouldn't happen the same with X&Y?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Because SS is a 4th gen game, and 4th gen games were out before the DSi/3DS - the regular DS could only use WEP. Ergo, they were never made to have WPA connections, while the 5th and 6th gen games were made with WPA capabilities in mind because of the newer handhelds being able to support it.

ninboxstation

Game&Animé Hedonist
on the supertraining graphic, there's a "dark green" inner-core and a "light yellow" outer-area => is the "dark green" core the IV's of the Pokemon?? (while the "light yellow" outer-area are the EV's??)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Can someone please direct me to the mystery dungeon section. I couldn't find it on the main page.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I don't know if this is on the topic but what nature would be good for a squirtle. I'm asking here cause I couldn't find a Nature thread.

BlazingCold

Because SS is a 4th gen game, and 4th gen games were out before the DSi/3DS - the regular DS could only use WEP. Ergo, they were never made to have WPA connections, while the 5th and 6th gen games were made with WPA capabilities in mind because of the newer handhelds being able to support it.

I got SS on launch and played it on my DSi . Should have no problem using WEP

Edit: If I recall correctly. lol

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What is it like inside a pokeball? ;x

Nobody knows really :p Unless you somehow got transformed into a Pokemon, got captured and put inside a pokeball. So when that happens, let me know.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
What is it like inside a pokeball? ;x

Well, the Pokeball Trophy (I believe) on Super Smash Bros Melee says in its description that Poke Balls "contain an environment specially designed for Pokémon comfort". That leads me to believe that the Pokemon is placed in a utopian virtual reality world where it has endless access to all of its favorite amenities.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I believe the 3DS supports WPA, not just WEP. 5th gen games were able to take WPA (unlike 4th gen - only the DS around then so it only worked with WEP), so X&Y should too. If the connection works on your 3DS, it should be fine for the games too.

If you still can't get a connection to work with your 3ds then try looking at Connectify Hotspot (google), it's something you can download for free and will basically rehost your wifi in a different form. That might be able to help you out.

Thanks.
Once a mega stone has been used on a 'megable' pokemon, it changes into its mega form for good, or just for a single battle?

Blastgang

Icefobia Master
Why Mightyena don't have Strong Jaw in Abilites? Is the "Bite Pokemon" somebody knows why?