• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How about Ice burn and Freeze shock?
Are they also programmed?
Thanks anyway.

Yes. Everything (except Cries, Sprites, and Pokéstar Studios opponents' are Programmed in BW.

I'd like to know this too.
Is the 'foreign' bit the region it was caught in, or the language of the game?
For example, my neighbour plays the game in German while I play it in English, would her pokémon qualify as foreign?

The language of the game.

Dunno if anybody has asked this, but what is the maximum number of friend safari slots? Just wanna know if im getting close.
Edit: Thanks Dirkac!

Last edited:

Laurelai

With the new changes to breeding and being able to pass down male abilities, how does this work? Say Male pokemon has the ability I want, and female pokemon has the personality... who gets the everstone?

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
So I'm trying to get a Ninetales that learns the egg move Hypnosis AND has Drought. I have a male Ninetales that knows Hypnosis and a female Ninetales that has Drought. I'm just wondering if it would work because I bred them a few times and hatched some eggs, none of them had Drought but they all knew Hypnosis. So will it work?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
With the new changes to breeding and being able to pass down male abilities, how does this work? Say Male pokemon has the ability I want, and female pokemon has the personality... who gets the everstone?

HAs are passed from the male by breeding with Ditto.

So I'm trying to get a Ninetales that learns the egg move Hypnosis AND has Drought. I have a male Ninetales that knows Hypnosis and a female Ninetales that has Drought. I'm just wondering if it would work because I bred them a few times and hatched some eggs, none of them had Drought but they all knew Hypnosis. So will it work?

You'll hatch a Drought Vulpix at some point, it just might take a while.

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
You'll hatch a Drought Vulpix at some point, it just might take a while.

Are you sure? I hatched 18 Vulpixes and none of them have Drought, so I'm not sure about it, or am I just really unlucky?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Are you sure? I hatched 18 Vulpixes and none of them have Drought, so I'm not sure about it, or am I just really unlucky?

You're just really unlucky. Female Pokemon (in Gen V) have a 40% chance of passing down their Hidden ability to their offspring, as long as they're not breeding with Ditto.

Mew The Gato

Are you breeding with Ditto? That shall not work. You need to breed the Pokemon with a Pokemon in its own Egg Group, but not Ditto.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Another question;
When training with a lvl 100 as lead and the rest low lvl Pokémon with EXP share on, All EXP is devided over the low levels right? the lvl 100 not snagging some?
And if the lvl 100 has an Lucky Egg equiped, do the others get more EXP, or would that be useless?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Another question;
When training with a lvl 100 as lead and the rest low lvl Pokémon with EXP share on, All EXP is devided over the low levels right? the lvl 100 not snagging some?
And if the lvl 100 has an Lucky Egg equiped, do the others get more EXP, or would that be useless?

The Level 100 will snag no Experience, and Lucky Egg on the Level 100 is utterly useless.

SmartD

Where do Pokemon fansites get high quality Sugimori artwork of Pokemon and Pokemon characters? Because I don't see Sugimori artwork of Pokemon like Goomy and Bergmite, only Dream World artwork and I don't see artwork of Olympia, Wulfric, and the Kalos Elite Four.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What exactly does spikey shield do? Also, will mega evos be covered in POTW? If so, will they have a separate page to the normal version or be included as a sub section on the same page?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is there any special method to get DW pokes on X&Y, or it just relies depends on one's access to any such treasure from past 5th gen games?

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
What exactly does spikey shield do? Also, will mega evos be covered in POTW? If so, will they have a separate page to the normal version or be included as a sub section on the same page?
Spiky Shield is essentially just Protect, but if the foe uses any physical move on Chesnaught, the attacker will take damage. I have no idea about the megas, though.

Regarding the question in the above post, most Pokemon with their DW abilities are accessed through the "Friend Safari" feature unlocked in the postgame, as well as some being found in Horde Battles.

Enjolras

Master of the House

Spiky Shield is like Protect, protecting from all moves that target it. If it is targeted with a move that makes contact, the attacker is damaged 1/8 of its max HP.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Spiky Shield is like Protect, protecting from all moves that target it. If it is targeted with a move that makes contact, the attacker is damaged 1/8 of its max HP.

I take it then that it works like reflect and lasts a certain amount of turns? Also, is it only physical moves Chesnaught is protected from or all attacking moves as a whole?

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
I take it then that it works like reflect and lasts a certain amount of turns? Also, is it only physical moves Chesnaught is protected from or all attacking moves as a whole?

Nope, it's just one turn. It's EXACTLY like Protect, save for the fact that it does damage to attackers that make contact.

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Are you breeding with Ditto? That shall not work. You need to breed the Pokemon with a Pokemon in its own Egg Group, but not Ditto.

I'm breeding a Ninetales with a Ninetales, not a Ditto.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Nope, it's just one turn. It's EXACTLY like Protect, save for the fact that it does damage to attackers that make contact.

Well its only good on toxic stall sets then...