• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
I'd like some help with natures for certain pokemon with certain movesets, if someone is willing to aid me PM me perhaps? Thank you.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd like some help with natures for certain pokemon with certain movesets, if someone is willing to aid me PM me perhaps? Thank you.

Maybe if you want people to help you, you could start by not being incredibly vague?

If you're curious as to how to properly construct movesets for Pokemon, think about them in the context of what they're trying to accomplish as a team, and choose movesets from there. Smogon University's analyses tend to be informative in terms of describing the use of specific Pokemon in a competitive environment.

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Maybe if you want people to help you, you could start by not being incredibly vague?

If you're curious as to how to properly construct movesets for Pokemon, think about them in the context of what they're trying to accomplish as a team, and choose movesets from there. Smogon University's analyses tend to be informative in terms of describing the use of specific Pokemon in a competitive environment.

I do believe the point of asking in the public forum was to gain someone willing to aid me in private, as it's much easier for me to keep track of a conversation that way. As for it being a competitive team, I don't do competitive battles. I simply wish for help on what nature would be best for certain pokemon. I was going to provide the pokemon and move sets when I received a PM from someone, I was pretty sure that was a common assumption one would make when the details aren't provided up front.

fidlar

hi guys! will masuda method work if i use two different pokemon from the same evolution line? (for example if i use gible and garchomp)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
If my Pokémon has Pokérus and defeats a horde of single-species Pokémon, will it get double the EVs from the whole horde, or must the Pokémon defeat the whole horde with a single hit?

Canto

If my Pokémon has Pokérus and defeats a horde of single-species Pokémon, will it get double the EVs from the whole horde, or must the Pokémon defeat the whole horde with a single hit?

It will get double EVs from the whole horde no matter how many turns it takes to defeat it.

Cheeseonaplate

I'm not sure if this has been here before, but when mega-Kangaskhan uses power-up punch, does it receive one or two boosts?

Mew The Gato

Note that if it is used against a Ghost Type, it does not provide the boost, so it is not as reliable, although almost so. It is definitely better, however.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Note that if it is used against a Ghost Type, it does not provide the boost, so it is not as reliable, although almost so. It is definitely better, however.

Swords Dance, though, is also not 100% reliable, as it can be Taunted out, but of course, that's a bit rare.

Power-Up Punch, though, is definitely better for it.

Mew The Gato

Power-Up Punch, though, is definitely better for it.

Any Pokemon Taunting Mega Kangaskhan is in huge trouble, with a few exceptions.

It cannot use Swords Dance, anyway.

sedacaru

Pokemon Breeder
if a pokemon has the ability traunt, and uses hyperbeam/giga impact, how many turns would that pokemon be unable to attack?

Mew The Gato

Just that Truant turn. In other words, just one. However, it should never be used anyway, since Slaking can usually just switch out on that Truant turn, which is not possible if it uses those moves.

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
My Pokemon is doing something weird. Whenever I send it out to battle, it shakes a bit, and sometimes the text says ">Pokemon< can't wait to start" or "It feels uneasy". What does this mean? What I remember doing is just using the Super Training a bit and then feeding them some PokePuffs and then putting them in Day Care.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
My Pokemon is doing something weird. Whenever I send it out to battle, it shakes a bit, and sometimes the text says ">Pokemon< can't wait to start" or "It feels uneasy". What does this mean? What I remember doing is just using the Super Training a bit and then feeding them some PokePuffs and then putting them in Day Care.

It's associated with Pokemon-Amie affection at level 2.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Do all Pokemon in the friend safari automatically have their HA or is it just the 3 specific ones everyone gets?

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Does Protect ,Detect ,Endure and such move's failure rate stacks?
Example:
A Smeargle uses Protect.
Then if it uses Detect does it have a 100% chance too?