• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is there anyway to deceive the Bloks method of the HGSS Safari? By moving on the days via the console's calendar and then avoid the waiting I mean

Hasty

Moonside
Sometimes when I am about to start a trade on PSS, there appears a message.. something like "Saving photoicon".
Can somebody please tell me what exactly that is??

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
1. I was battling Team Flare's Swalot the other day and while I was using Dig, Swalot's Toxic didn't miss even though I was underground. Did Toxic's mechanics just change?

2. The Serebii page hasn't exactly listed the occasions in which you could pet or rub your Pokemon's head after winning a battle. What are those instances?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Is there anyway to deceive the Bloks method of the HGSS Safari? By moving on the days via the console's calendar and then avoid the waiting I mean

From my experience, it only works once. Therefore if you make any other changes to the dates after you've made the first, then don't expect any other pokemon than the ones you initially changed the date for.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
1. I was battling Team Flare's Swalot the other day and while I was using Dig, Swalot's Toxic didn't miss even though I was underground. Did Toxic's mechanics just change?

2. The Serebii page hasn't exactly listed the occasions in which you could pet or rub your Pokemon's head after winning a battle. What are those instances?

1. Does your pokemon happen to have the No Guard ability? Moves can still hit it even if it escapes the field during that turn.

2. That can happen once you have attained at least 4+ affection in Pokemon-Amie on that pokemon

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.

Yes. From Bulbapedia, "Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon, even during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly and Dig." The same thing happened to me earlier today actually, but with Fly. Seemed odd at the time, but I guess that's why.

2. That can happen once you have attained at least 4+ affection in Pokemon-Amie on that pokemon

I've had my whole party at max Amie affection for almost the entire game and I've never gotten that to happen. I've never even heard of that happening. I get the whole "So-and-so shook off its status condition for you" and "So-and-so survived the hit with 1 HP for you" messages a whole bunch, but never that. Are we sure that wasn't just a feature that was advertised and promoted but cut from the final build of the game?

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
Yes. From Bulbapedia, "Toxic will never miss if used by a Poison-type Pokémon, even during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly and Dig." The same thing happened to me earlier today actually, but with Fly. Seemed odd at the time, but I guess that's why.

I've had my whole party at max Amie affection for almost the entire game and I've never gotten that to happen. I've never even heard of that happening. I get the whole "So-and-so shook off its status condition for you" and "So-and-so survived the hit with 1 HP for you" messages a whole bunch, but never that. Are we sure that wasn't just a feature that was advertised and promoted but cut from the final build of the game?

Thanks.

Well, get this. My Pangoro was at 4+ affection, and I was using Thief on Luvdisc to get some Heart Scales, and whenever it steals a Heart Scale, there's this hand thing that seemed to be rubbing / petting the head of Pangoro and then multiple hearts come out. Another thing happened on my Goodra, when I killed all 5 Pokemon of a horde by using Muddy Water. I guess it's this.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Well, get this. My Pangoro was at 4+ affection, and I was using Thief on Luvdisc to get some Heart Scales, and whenever it steals a Heart Scale, there's this hand thing that seemed to be rubbing / petting the head of Pangoro and then multiple hearts come out. Another thing happened on my Goodra, when I killed all 5 Pokemon of a horde by using Muddy Water. I guess it's this.

Weird. I've never had that happen.

- - - - -

What is the probability behind inheriting egg moves from the mother when breeding in XY? Serebii says there's a chance but doesn't say what the probability actually is, and Bulbapedia seems to imply it is guaranteed.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I'm having great trouble with the Battle Tower on Emerald, and was just wondering if anybody had any tips? I only seem to be able to get to round 4 at most, but I would quite like to get the gold symbol eventually.

On a related note, what EV spread would I want on a Skarmory utilising Counter? I was thinking 252 HP/4 Attack (to give power to Drill Peck and Steel Wing)/252 Defence. Also, would it be better with BrightPowder or Focus Band? This is still for the Battle Tower.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Thanks.

If you rub on the Touch Screen after beating a Pokémon, you can pet it.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I noticed that, in Super Training, the stat boosting bags' patterns and colours are based off various Pokemon lines (Defence is Aron's line, Speed is Zubat's etc) but I can't for the life of me work out what Pokemon the special defence bags are based off. Does anybody know what it is? My cousin and I couldn't figure it out and it's starting to annoy me.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
I noticed that, in Super Training, the stat boosting bags' patterns and colours are based off various Pokemon lines (Defence is Aron's line, Speed is Zubat's etc) but I can't for the life of me work out what Pokemon the special defence bags are based off. Does anybody know what it is? My cousin and I couldn't figure it out and it's starting to annoy me.

According to Bulbapedia, the Sp Def bags are based off of the Flabébé line (Flabébé, Floette and Florges). I haven't tried super Training myself yet, but I assume that's right.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
I have a question about power herb mechanics.
If I use a drought Ninetales with solarbeam, with power herb as a held item just in case of quick weather changes.
Does solarbeam consume the herb in the sun?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is there actually any use for pokemon amie other than for getting Slyveon and making friendship pokemon evolve?

KillerDraco

Is there actually any use for pokemon amie other than for getting Slyveon and making friendship pokemon evolve?

It provides in-game benefits such as raising the crit chance, automatic status dispelling, a Focus Band-like effect (surviving lethal attacks with 1 HP), and a chance to dodge attacks. These effects are disabled for things like the Battle Maison and Wifi battles, though, so it's a novelty which makes the already easy game even easier.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
A rather competitive-related question: I want to raise a Venusaur that will be mega evolving in battles (thus having Thick Fat). Does it matter whether it has Overgrow or Chlorophyll as its base ability? If so, which one is better for this case?

KillerDraco

A rather competitive-related question: I want to raise a Venusaur that will be mega evolving in battles (thus having Thick Fat). Does it matter whether it has Overgrow or Chlorophyll as its base ability? If so, which one is better for this case?

The answer would be Chlorophyll though it doesn't really matter in the long run. On the turn of Mega Evolving, Speed is determined by the base form, not the mega evolution. So you'd still get that first turn of Chlorophyll speed assuming there is sunlight in effect, whereas its unlikely that you'd ever get anything out of Overgrow.

Mind you, given that Sun is a lot less common now with the weather nerf, it makes very little difference overall.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime

Chlorophyll by default is the better option.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
How practical would a Trick Room team with a Gigalith be? I'm trying to compose a competitive team that's main theme is "dragon busting" (so there's going to be one Ice type and one Fairy type in my lineup), but I need both a Pokemon that I can use should a Steel or Poison type come into play and a Pokemon that accounts for popular Flying types like Talonflame in the competitive scene (hence my choice of Gigalith and the idea of having one Pokemon know Trick Room). My training is defense-oriented, if it helps.