• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Because it appears you missed it, Re-Post.

Wow.
I never knew that Zoroark had a signature move. ( faceplam, Zoroark is a gen 5 poke and u nvr knew? Faceplam once more )
Poor umbreon though.

Another question:
What pokemon, that is the only pokemon that can learn that one move?

Well, technically, Chatot with Chatter is the only Pokémon to truly have a Signature Move, as it can't be Sketched, and only Chatot can learn it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Signature_moves

That page has all Signature Moves in all Gens, but note that Inkay's Happy Hour is Event-Only.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
From my experience, it only works once. Therefore if you make any other changes to the dates after you've made the first, then don't expect any other pokemon than the ones you initially changed the date for.

Okay. thanks.
Is the move Trump Card affected by the user's SATK and the opponet's SDEF and HP to calculate the damage it's gonna do as similiarly as fixed base-power moves are?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Okay. thanks.
Is the move Trump Card affected by the user's SATK and the opponet's SDEF and HP to calculate the damage it's gonna do as similiarly as fixed base-power moves are?

Yeah, it functions the same as any other Move, except for the varying Base Power.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I'm not sure if this would be the best place for this, but I have a question about 5th generation RNGing. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I've been trying to learn how to do it over the past few days and I think I'm picking it up fairly quickly. I've RNG'd one stationary legendary to have flawless IVs successfully, and I've RNG'd one egg from the day-care to have specific IVs (for a specific Hidden Power), a Modest nature and a particular ability between its two possibilities. That, to me at least, implies that I've calibrated RNG Reporter with the proper Timer0 value and that I am at least capable of manipulating both the IV RNG and the PIDRNG.

My next conquest is to breed a flawless, shiny Pokemon with a specific ability, specific nature and specific gender; basically the full package. I have a flawless Korean Ditto who is the father and a female of the species I'm trying to breed which was hatched on my American cart, making them International Parents. I know the Ditto has 31 in every IV, and I don't know the IVs of the mother. In the time finder, I go to Eggs, specify the year and months, as well as leaving Min/Max Advances at the default 10 and 45. I put 31 for all of the father's IVs and leave the mother's IVs blank. I leave Everstone blank, fill out my IVs, nature, ability, gender and check Shiny Only. The species I'm trying to breed has a 50/50 gender ratio, so I select Female (50% Male / 50% Female) in the Gender box. Then I run Generate and get the results.

I copy the Seed and take note of the Date/Time. I go back out to the main window and pick Breeding (BW, International) for the method. I leave Everstone alone, paste the seed, and check the Ditto Parent and Roamer Released radial buttons. I haven't caught or fainted Tornadus yet, so I need to have Roamer Released checked. I leave ID and SID as their default values, because I don't know my SID. Then I hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG, then Generate. I right-click the first frame and say Display Parents in Search. I press Get IVs from IVRNG (Frame 8) and then fill in 31s for all of the male IVs.

I hit my seed and go into the game, not turning on the C-Gear. I press A to dismiss the season prompt and then immediately press X to bring up the menu. I select a Chatot and listen to it once. I close out of the menu and immediately take the egg. I hatch it and see which frame it corresponds to. I subtract my target frame from the frame I just determined and add one to it. I restart and hit my seed again. I dismiss the season prompt and go to the Chatot. I do my 33 advances and then take and hatch the egg.

Now this is the part I don't understand. The resulting Pokemon has the right ability, right IVs in every stat, right nature, everything about it is correct, except the gender is wrong and it isn't shiny. It also doesn't match up to any other nearby frames even remotely. I'm obviously hitting the frame correctly, it just isn't shiny or the right gender, but everything else comes out correct. Is there some step I'm missing? I should also mention that I've been able to get this same result 3 times, where everything is correct, but it isn't shiny and it is male instead of female.

Thanks for reading

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized I kind of answered my own question when I was writing this. I found my SID and that fixed it. I now have my flawless shiny. :)

Last edited:

Cardmaster12

Shiny Hunter

I was doing that too, my pokerus snivy was second in my party, and my durant was first... even if the snivy wasn't next to it... pokerus spread to the rest of my party quickly... and should have spread to durant, it's ability was swarm, and the lucky egg isn't the problem, I tested that.

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
I wouldn't expect it to happen after 1 or 2 battles, but sometimes the RNG can really be dead-set against you. Just recently I was breeding for a 6IV male Inkay and, despite the 50/50 gender ratio, I ended up with eight females before I got one male.

My advice is to just keep trying. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong mechanics-wise, and the most likely alternative is that the universe just doesn't like you today.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
What would be a good moveset for a Swalot with Gluttony? I caught a shiny Gulpin in a horde and am puzzled on how I could use this hidden ability. Or is it just completely useless? I am giving him a SAtt moveset since his SAtt IV is much higher then Att, but I still want to know if I somehow can use that ability.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
My first and second Vivillions were Icysnow pattern but next become Polar pattern. Why? I live in Finland.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How exactly does one become stylish enough to be able to go in the clothes shop in Luminoise City where that women very rudely denies you access. Is style all about physical appearance or do you have to be like popular and famous?

Hasty

Moonside
How exactly does one become stylish enough to be able to go in the clothes shop in Luminoise City where that women very rudely denies you access. Is style all about physical appearance or do you have to be like popular and famous?
It's more about being popular and famous. Look here: http://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml
You can buy 1x Premier Ball lots of times in the PokeBall Shop to get stylish fast.^^

------------------

In competitive battling, does it matter for a Physical Sweeper how many SpAtk it has?
For Special Sweepers it is better to have 0 Atk because of Foul Play and Confusion, right?
What about Physical Sweepers?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
In competitive battling, does it matter for a Physical Sweeper how many SpAtk it has?

For a Phys. Sweeper specifically, then no. Though if it's a Mixed Attacker, then you'll find yourself investing in both Attack and Sp. Attack EVS.

For Special Sweepers it is better to have 0 Atk because of Foul Play and Confusion, right?
What about Physical Sweepers?

What do you mean by that, exactly? Foul Play's damage depends entirely on how many attack boosts the opponent has had in general.

KillerDraco

What do you mean by that, exactly? Foul Play's damage depends entirely on how many attack boosts the opponent has had in general.

Foul Play's damage is calculated based on the opponent's attack stat, including modifiers. So yes, he is correct that having 0 Attack IVs does in fact minimize the damage from Foul Play and the Confusion status ailment, both of whom calculate their damage based on the opponent's attack stat. Hence why 31/x/31/31/31/31 is the ideal IV spread for a Special Sweeper. For a physical sweeper, increased damage from Foul Play or Confusion is of little consequence compared to your own damage output, so you'll want to stick to maximizing said IVs regardless.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Foul Play's damage is calculated based on the opponent's attack stat, including modifiers. So yes, he is correct that having 0 Attack IVs does in fact minimize the damage from Foul Play and the Confusion status ailment, both of whom calculate their damage based on the opponent's attack stat. Hence why 31/x/31/31/31/31 is the ideal IV spread for a Special Sweeper. For a physical sweeper, increased damage from Foul Play or Confusion is of little consequence compared to your own damage output, so you'll want to stick to maximizing said IVs regardless.

Confusion does not modify Attack, only Burn does.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In FRLG, can I soft reset for a shiny traded Zynx the Jynx and Lickitung?

SuperSceptile

Sceptile is super!
First post said all Pokémon related questions go here, so . . . Where does everybody get those new Pokémon menu sprites used in X and Y to put in signatures and stuff? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How exactly does Unburden work once the held item is consumed? And why doesn't it appear as a stat boost?