• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Ruas

You could search for it in Pokecheck, then verify the Pokemon.

PokemonRangerEffy

Deoxys Ranger
Hmm, alright then, thank you very much for answer my question.

Reiji Kurosaky

Some questions involving ribbons

Hello,

I post this here as it covers various generations.

I am right now very interested in getting as many ribbons as I can for my favorite Pokémon. Now that I have bank and can make sure to have that Pokémon on every pokémon game that comes forward.

These are the questions.

1- When I send my Pokémon to XY, do the contest ribbons stack? Honestly Serebii's very vague about it.

This is the description he gave us:

A commemorative Ribbon representing all the Ribbons you collected in far-off lands for contests.
Number given varies depending on the ribbons on your Pokémon in previous generations

What does this mean? If my Pokémon has 20 ribbons for all contest types and ranks, will it get 20 Contest Memory Ribbons? Will it get a single Ribbon describing the 20 he had?

2- The same question for the Battle Memory Ribbon.

3- What is the maximum number of ribbons a Pokémon can get from Gen IV onwards?

Thank you all for your reply.

Gampi

ガンピ
I recently recieved a Porygon-Z from the GTS on X with the OT Shiro*. I just want to know whether or not that is a bad sign because I remember seeing that OT name a lot on the Gen V GTS.

Mr.FusRoDah

By what I noticed, it seems to condense them into one ribbon, and lists the number of ribbons won for contests within the ribbon's description. The same probably applies to the Super Contest ribbons as well.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I just got a shiny lugia through a trade with one of my friends on my list. I am quite happy about it, but I really want to make sure that it isn't a hacked pokemon. How do I find out if my lugia is hacked or not?

Or you could go to the hack check thread on these forums and get other people's opinion on it.

TheRedskin64

Hello,

I was just wondering what kind of Electric Pokemon people prefer to use, especially concerning X&Y??? I like Ampharos, Raichu, Jolteon, personally. Also wondering if Mega Ampharos is worth it.

Thanks

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Hello,

I was just wondering what kind of Electric Pokemon people prefer to use, especially concerning X&Y??? I like Ampharos, Raichu, Jolteon, personally. Also wondering if Mega Ampharos is worth it.

Thanks

Mega Ampharos is worth using but again, weakness increases with it. Gaining dragon type, it get;s weak to dragon, fairy and Ice type. Jolteon should be good for In-Game purpose due to it being able to learn Pin Missile and it's fast enough as well. I'd go for Jolteon.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So serious. Please stop spamming and giving out useless answers. What on Earth is this then, may I know?

That's the Gen V Hack-Check Thread. There is no Gen VI Hack-Check Thread yet, but there probably should be. Maybe I'll start one.

Hello,

Thanks

Helioptile is gaining a lot of momentum, I hear. It's really powerful if you use it right. I used one in-game and he was awesome. Jolteon is also good.

Reiji Kurosaky

By what I noticed, it seems to condense them into one ribbon, and lists the number of ribbons won for contests within the ribbon's description. The same probably applies to the Super Contest ribbons as well.

If that's the case, then it really doesn't matter if you get 1 or 20 super contest ribbons, when you transfer them to XY it will only have one visible ribbon. Right?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
That's the Gen V Hack-Check Thread. There is no Gen VI Hack-Check Thread yet, but there probably should be. Maybe I'll start one.

I know but people are getting their Gen 6 stuffs checked over there. Maybe, there should be a generalized hack check thread.

I asked for the BW Hack check in March 2011. It was after BW Pokémon was appearing in the 4th Gen sections, and you couldn't make threads in 5th gen.

Anyway, PM a Moderator of the XY section asking for one.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
If I get the Dream Radar and use it to catch the legendaries within it, can I transfer them to my White 2 version before I've beaten the Elite Four in it?

I believe you can transfer any Pokémon (including legendaries) as soon as you have the Pokédex. You can even transfer them before you beat the first gym.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If I get the Dream Radar and use it to catch the legendaries within it, can I transfer them to my White 2 version before I've beaten the Elite Four in it?

You should be able to. You will need to beat Dream Radar, and that may take some time as the timer will limit the speed that you can earn orbs.