• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Okay, thanks. That's pretty impressive. Also, I'm relieved to hear that the shiny charm doesn't affect the odds of getting a shiny, because I don't have it yet!

The Shiny Charm does affect the odds of getting a shiny via MM and random encounters, but whether or not it helps in the Friend Safari is unknown, and according to the data presented, it doesn't affect shinies in the Friend Safari.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Breeding questions:

How do I get the following:

Drifloon w/ Tailwind and Defog
Igglypuff w/ Perish Song

Noboy learns those moves through level up in X/Y and is also in their egg group.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Breeding questions:

How do I get the following:

Drifloon w/ Tailwind and Defog
Igglypuff w/ Perish Song

Noboy learns those moves through level up in X/Y and is also in their egg group.

For Defog and Tailwind on Drifloon, you'll need to get one from Gen 4 that knows those moves. Yes, they are egg moves for Drifloon in Gen 6, but the only parents that can learn those moves are Drifloon and Drifblim through previous Gen games. Of course, Castform can also be used for breeding Tailwind, but it also requires past gen tutors.
For getting Perish Song on Igglybuff, you'll need to chain breed using the following chain: Politoed/Lapras -> Marill -> Jigglypuff.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
For Defog and Tailwind on Drifloon, you'll need to get one from Gen 4 that knows those moves. Yes, they are egg moves for Drifloon in Gen 6, but the only parents that can learn those moves are Drifloon and Drifblim through previous Gen games. Of course, Castform can also be used for breeding Tailwind, but it also requires past gen tutors.
For getting Perish Song on Igglybuff, you'll need to chain breed using the following chain: Politoed/Lapras -> Marill -> Jigglypuff.

Thanks a lot! :)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
What happens if I save in a Pokémon outbreak (swarm) area in HeartGold ? Will the swarming Pokémon stay in the following days as long as I don't quit this same area ?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What happens if I save in a Pokémon outbreak (swarm) area in HeartGold ? Will the swarming Pokémon stay in the following days as long as I don't quit this same area ?
No, the swarm Pokemon automatically changes the next day.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
As many may know, Foul Play takes your opponent's attack power and uses it against them. It also has a base power of 95. Now what I'd like to know is that does its actual damage also take the user's attack into account? Also, how much of the opponent's stat does Foul Play use exactly? Is the base power used at all?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
As many may know, Foul Play takes your opponent's attack power and uses it against them. It also has a base power of 95. Now what I'd like to know is that does its actual damage also take the user's attack into account? Also, how much of the opponent's stat does Foul Play use exactly? Is the base power used at all?

It calculates the damage using the target's Attack stat in place of the user's Attack stat.

That's it.

kjthek1ng

On what kind of event is the announcing of eventual next pokemon game? At what times does this usually happen? Like is it E3 mostly or something more nintendo-specific?

KillerDraco

On what kind of event is the announcing of eventual next pokemon game? At what times does this usually happen? Like is it E3 mostly or something more nintendo-specific?

There's not really any "event". In the case of Pokemon X & Y, they announced it through a special Nintendo Direct, aka, "Pokemon Direct", and I imagine they'd probably do likewise for any future installments. If they have it ready to be announced around the time of E3, they may do it then, but otherwise, there isn't any special event or anything.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

It's usually something Pokemon-specific; Pokemon is a large enough franchise with comparatively infrequent major releases, and they don't want to risk it overshadowing something else.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I'm curious.How intelligent does the AI get in the maison?
Say I used a choice scarf durant in a team- would it have the brains to choice scarf another faster pokemon to counter it through time(like a scarf aerodactyl or something as ridiculous),or am I overthinking it?

(PMing your response would be appreciated :) )

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I'm curious.How intelligent does the AI get in the maison?
Say I used a choice scarf durant in a team- would it have the brains to choice scarf another faster pokemon to counter it through time(like a scarf aerodactyl or something as ridiculous),or am I overthinking it?

(PMing your response would be appreciated :) )

The AI is nothing special in the Maison, in fact it does some pretty stupid things with some of its moves (Will o Wisping a teammate is a common one).
Also, it doesn't bother countering your Pokémon, it just happens that you'll run into teams consisting of Pokémon that are strong against your set-up once in a while. What you face is selected at random.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Can someone provide me a list of all Pokémon that lose a base stat upon evolution and which stats they lose?

I know Magmar and Skyther lose their speed stat upon evolution. And I know Nincada loses base stat total upon evolving, (into Shedinja I mean) but I'm sure there are more and I want a list of all of them. (not counting mega evolutions.) Thank you very much.

Can someone provide me a list of all Pokémon that lose a base stat upon evolution and which stats they lose?

I know Magmar and Skyther lose their speed stat upon evolution. And I know Nincada loses base stat total upon evolving, (into Shedinja I mean) but I'm sure there are more and I want a list of all of them. (not counting mega evolutions.) Thank you very much.

sure, working on it

Buttefree, 55-50 def
Beedrill, 50-40 def
Poliwrath, 90-70 spe

Politoed, 90-70 spe
Scizor, 105-65 spe
Octillery 65-45 spe

Beautifly 55-50 def
Masquerain 65-60 spe
Ninjask 90-45 def
Shedinja 31-1 HP, 90-45 def
Vibrava 100-70 Atk
Salamence 100-80 def

Vespiquen 70-40 spe
Honchcrow 91-71 spe
Electivire 105-65 spe
Magmortar 93-83 spe
Magnezone 70-60 spe
Tangrowth 60-50 spe
Porygon-Z 90-70 def, 95-75 Sdef

Crustle 55-45 spe
Escavalier 60-20 spe
Accelgor 85-40 def, 65-60 sdef

Vivillon 60-50 def

probably missed something, hope it helps

EDIT: larvesta, onix, anorith and wingull is missing

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
When two Pokemon's speed stats are the exact same, which one goes first? (provided no priority moves are involved) I'd always assumed that they just went in alternating turns, but I'm not sure that's the case now.

When two Pokemon's speed stats are the exact same, which one goes first? (provided no priority moves are involved) I'd always assumed that they just went in alternating turns, but I'm not sure that's the case now.

50/50 (random), it's called a speedtie.