• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Shiny Rokon

If I have a pokemon which has perfect or near perfect IVs but has 0 IVs for say sp.atk but it's move set is physical which suits it, would it matter? Also I'm thinking u can't get around it if a pkmn has 0 IVs in hp, def or sp.def

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
If I have a pokemon which has perfect or near perfect IVs but has 0 IVs for say sp.atk but it's move set is physical which suits it, would it matter? Also I'm thinking u can't get around it if a pkmn has 0 IVs in hp, def or sp.def

If you have a physical attacker (such as Talonflame) with an IV spread around 31/31/31/0/31/31, the 0 IV in SpAtk doesn't matter at all. A Pokemon that has no special moves will not use its Special Attack stat, so it doesn't matter what the IV is for Special Attack.

I'm not sure what you mean by "you can't get around it if a Pokemon has 0 IVs in HP, Def, SpDef". If you mean whether the Pokemon is usable or not, a Talonflame (sticking with the example) with an IV spread of 0/31/0/0/0/x would be pretty useless, yes.

Shiny Rokon

If you have a physical attacker (such as Talonflame) with an IV spread around 31/31/31/0/31/31, the 0 IV in SpAtk doesn't matter at all. A Pokemon that has no special moves will not use its Special Attack stat, so it doesn't matter what the IV is for Special Attack.

I'm not sure what you mean by "you can't get around it if a Pokemon has 0 IVs in HP, Def, SpDef". If you mean whether the Pokemon is usable or not, a Talonflame (sticking with the example) with an IV spread of 0/31/0/0/0/x would be pretty useless, yes.

Ok for example I have a steelix with a great IV spread but 0 in speed? I meant if you have 0 in def or sp.def you can't really utilize any pkmn because u can't predict the attacking pkmn of confirm there move set although some u may think will use only sp.atk it gets complicated, so it's prob best to release a pkmn with such a stat lol.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ok for example I have a steelix with a great IV spread but 0 in speed? I meant if you have 0 in def or sp.def you can't really utilize any pkmn because u can't predict the attacking pkmn of confirm there move set although some u may think will use only sp.atk it gets complicated, so it's prob best to release a pkmn with such a stat lol.

It depends on what the Pokemon is and what the stat is with the low IV. Steelix already has really terrible speed. A 0 in Speed for Steelix isn't really going to make that big of a difference, honestly; Steelix doesn't outspeed anything in the first place. Steelix with 31/31/31/x/31/x would be usable. However, you wouldn't want your Steelix to have a 0 in Defense because it relies on its Defense stat.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
Is there an actual reason that form is spelled Forme in most Pokemon-related media?

BCVM22

Forme is reserved for Legendaries whose state changes come with a type/stat change.

Form is reserved for everything else; despite being a Legendary, Keldeo's two forms are thus because there's no change beyond aesthetics.

Beyond that, it's simply a means of distinctiveness, both from the other forms and visually.

Halkel

Experimentalist
Using my Imposter Ditto to become an opponent's support type Umbreon, I used only 2 Double teams for the 3rd to come up as "Ditto's Evasion cannot be raised anymore." I'm currently calling hax on it but why did it only work 2 times? Was it because Umbreon used it a few times beforehand and Imposter took the Stat Changes?

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
How do people test IVs for their level 1 Pokemon when egg hatching?
What Pokemon should I use for my Mega (can't use Garchomp, Blaziken, or Tyranitar)?

How do people test IVs for their level 1 Pokemon when egg hatching?
What Pokemon should I use for my Mega (can't use Garchomp, Blaziken, or Tyranitar)?
The pyschic trainer a.k.a. the Judge in the Pokemon Center of Kiloude City. Mega Kangaskhan.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Using my Imposter Ditto to become an opponent's support type Umbreon, I used only 2 Double teams for the 3rd to come up as "Ditto's Evasion cannot be raised anymore." I'm currently calling hax on it but why did it only work 2 times? Was it because Umbreon used it a few times beforehand and Imposter took the Stat Changes?

Impostor copies all stat changes on the target. So if Umbreon had Double Teamed to +4 evasion, then Ditto would only need to Double Team two more times to be at max evasion.

shadowF

what colour is shiny mega charizard Y? to me it gives me the purple vibe.

what colour is shiny mega charizard Y? to me it gives me the purple vibe.
Mega Charizard Y is black. He's essentially the same color scheme as Shiny Charizard.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
What's Pokecheck?
Is it likely that people would give a legit 6IV Kyurem and a legit 6IV EV trained Giratina for 6IV Torchics?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
What's Pokecheck?
Is it likely that people would give a legit 6IV Kyurem and a legit 6IV EV trained Giratina for 6IV Torchics?

If someone is offering you a 6IV legendary for your 6IV Torchic, be suspicious. Ask for the OT/ID combo and check it on Pokecheck (when it's back up again) and on Smogon's blacklist to make sure it's legal. There are legal RNG'd 6IV legends out there, but most 6IV and/or shiny legends are hacks. It's even more suspicious when someone offers you one for something of less value, like a 6IV Torchic.

RAMBOTX713

If someone is offering you a 6IV legendary for your 6IV Torchic, be suspicious. Ask for the OT/ID combo and check it on Pokecheck (when it's back up again) and on Smogon's blacklist to make sure it's legal. There are legal RNG'd 6IV legends out there, but most 6IV and/or shiny legends are hacks. It's even more suspicious when someone offers you one for something of less value, like a 6IV Torchic.

I traded my level 100 Raichu I had since Platinum for a 5IV shiny Machamp and it was fake! Stupid Pokegts