• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Posted this question elsewhere, but I figured it might be answered quicker in here.

I see a lot of people asking for legitimate Poké Ball pattern Vivillon, but is it actually possible to trade them or does the event ribbon they have prevent it? I know that's the case on GTS, are they still tradeable with friends though?

Also, about 5-6IV Dittos - is it actually possible to get them legitimate? I mean, I suppose you should be able to, it'd just be extremely unlikely. If I were to actually find one in a trade or on GTS, it's pretty likely that it'd either be hacked or cloned, right? But would using it for breeding actually have any ill effects on the game or on the offspring? 'Cause I want to breed a competitive shiny Beldum but god knows where I'm gonna be able to find a good Ditto with which to breed one since they can't breed with each other.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Posted this question elsewhere, but I figured it might be answered quicker in here.

I see a lot of people asking for legitimate Poké Ball pattern Vivillon, but is it actually possible to trade them or does the event ribbon they have prevent it? I know that's the case on GTS, are they still tradeable with friends though?

Also, about 5-6IV Dittos - is it actually possible to get them legitimate? I mean, I suppose you should be able to, it'd just be extremely unlikely. If I were to actually find one in a trade or on GTS, it's pretty likely that it'd either be hacked or cloned, right? But would using it for breeding actually have any ill effects on the game or on the offspring? 'Cause I want to breed a competitive shiny Beldum but god knows where I'm gonna be able to find a good Ditto with which to breed one since they can't breed with each other.
1. anything is tradeable among friends
2. no ill effects would come, and yes it is entirely possible (also, depending on what you think of RNG, it would or wouldn't be hacked)

Floette

Fennekin
I posted this in the X and Y section but I'm trying to complete my dex right now and thought it would be okay if I posted this here too.. :p

Why is there a crown next to my completed central kalos pokedex but not one next to my completed coastal kalos pokedex? Three of the pokemon in it have pokeballs next to them instead of the Kalos region symbols. Is that why and what does that indicate, that they were received in a trade? Plenty of my pokemon were obtained via GTS and they have the Kalos symbol in the Pokedex. Hmm..

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

99% of all 6IV Dittos are RNG'd, which is completely legitimate, and 99% of them are also cloned because it's a lot easier to clone one Ditto than it is to RNG a bunch of Dittos. If you get them from the GTS they might be hacked. It's better to get them from someone that you trust so you know where they came from. But even if you did use a hacked one for breeding, it doesn't hurt your game in any way.

I posted this in the X and Y section but I'm trying to complete my dex right now and thought it would be okay if I posted this here too.. :p

Why is there a crown next to my completed central kalos pokedex but not one next to my completed coastal kalos pokedex? Three of the pokemon in it have pokeballs next to them instead of the Kalos region symbols. Is that why and what does that indicate, that they were received in a trade? Plenty of my pokemon were obtained via GTS and they have the Kalos symbol in the Pokedex. Hmm..

Answered this question here.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How can I catch mew?

Mew is only catchable legitimately in the Japanese Version of Emerald, through use of the Old Sea Map, which grants access to Faraway Island, where a Level 30 Mew is.

But, said Event took place in 2005 so it's unlikely you'll get that.

Mew is obtainable through othermethods by Trading, or just waiting for a Mew Event and downloading it.

What the hell was that.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why can't you GTS events? This wouldn't be as bad if they didn't say you could request them

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Mew is only catchable legitimately in the Japanese Version of Emerald, through use of the Old Sea Map, which grants access to Faraway Island, where a Level 30 Mew is.

But, said Event took place in 2005 so it's unlikely you'll get that.

Mew is obtainable through othermethods by Trading, or just waiting for a Mew Event and downloading it.

Actually, there is another way to Legitimately get one, it's alot easier than getting Japanese Emerald Cart. You'll need at least 1 legitimate Diamond or Pearl game* and a Wii or Wii U†, and a internet connection. Mew prize for Putting 999 Pokémon in the Ranch. Just to make clear 4th Gen games hold about 540 Pokémon each.

http://serebii.net/ranch/trade.shtml

I've done it once myself, and slowly working on getting a second Mew.

*Due to the way the system works fake Diamond or Pearl carts don't work. If you've a Japanese Wii/Wii U, you can also use Japanese Platinum.
†The 3DS/Wii U eStore Balance can't be used, you need to add it to the Wii Shop's Balance in Wii Mode on the Wii U. You need to spend 1000 Wii Points.

Last edited:

LadyRinsun

IcyFluffTrainer
Weird question maybe, but does anyone know when that 3DS AR Powersaves was released (or the support for Pokémon X/Y for it)? I hate not being sure if the 'legit' Pokémon I have really are legit or not. So if I can just get the date it got released, I can be sure the ones I have gotten via trades from Kalos really aren't hacked.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Weird question maybe, but does anyone know when that 3DS AR Powersaves was released (or the support for Pokémon X/Y for it)? I hate not being sure if the 'legit' Pokémon I have really are legit or not. So if I can just get the date it got released, I can be sure the ones I have gotten via trades from Kalos really aren't hacked.

The dates on the Pokemon don't matter at all. You can change your 3DS date to 1995 or to 2050 if you want to. The release date for PowerSave doesn't tell you anything about whether Pokemon are hacked or not.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Hmm... still puzzled about this little question.

If I were to breed a Scatterbug egg and have someone from a different region hatch it, would the scatterbug be the from hatcher's region or the breeder's (mine)?

Also, all the legendaries in Black 2 except Zekrom aren't shiny locked, right?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hmm... still puzzled about this little question.

If I were to breed a Scatterbug egg and have someone from a different region hatch it, would the scatterbug be the from hatcher's region or the breeder's (mine)?

Also, all the legendaries in Black 2 except Zekrom aren't shiny locked, right?

All Scatterbugs bred in your game will have your native pattern instead of the parent's pattern, unfortunately.

And yes, the only shiny-locked legend in Gen V is Zekrom/Reshiram, barring the event Pokemon like Meloetta and Keldeo.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
All Scatterbugs bred in your game will have your native pattern instead of the parent's pattern, unfortunately.

And yes, the only shiny-locked legend in Gen V is Zekrom/Reshiram, barring the event Pokemon like Meloetta and Keldeo.

Thank you for answering! I might start SRing for the other legends once I find some free time.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Silly question, but I have just hatched a shiny Charmander-now-Charizard (Yay!!) and I bred it to be a Mega Y, hence the Modest nature. It was hatched with four IV's, HP, Attack, Defense and Special Attack. It's Special Defence is around 27 and its speed is around 8. Should I still EV train its Speed, even if it is a bit low, or go with something like HP?

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Silly question, but I have just hatched a shiny Charmander-now-Charizard (Yay!!) and I bred it to be a Mega Y, hence the Modest nature. It was hatched with four IV's, HP, Attack, Defense and Special Attack. It's Special Defence is around 27 and its speed is around 8. Should I still EV train its Speed, even if it is a bit low, or go with something like HP?

In this case, i would say bulk it out

MiloticTwins

No more pre-evolutions and evolutions given to Gen. I-V Pokémon?

An Eevee is the only one of the Generation I given its Fairy-type evolution, the Sylveon. But unlike in the second and fourth Pokémon generations, in which many Pokémon of previous generations were given their pre-evolutions and evolutions, I just want to know why none of the other Generations I-V Pokémon were given their new pre-evolutions and evolutions either?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
An Eevee is the only one of the Generation I given its Fairy-type evolution, the Sylveon. But unlike in the second and fourth Pokémon generations, in which many Pokémon of previous generations were given their pre-evolutions and evolutions, I just want to know why none of the other Generations I-V Pokémon were given their new pre-evolutions and evolutions either?

Nobody has a conclusive answer for that, and none of know.

The only ones properly able to answer that would be GameFreak employees, not us.

Floette

Fennekin
Not really a real question, but is anyone else obsessed with catching Pokemon in pokeballs that do not match? For instance, I often try (unsuccessfully) to catch legendaries in pokeballs that do not fit (ie. a Heatran in a Net Ball). Just now I caught a Mesprit in White 2 with a Dive Ball and got really excited, lol. I just love the aesthetics of the Dive Ball. O_O

mrfires

If I wanted to get those certificates for catching all the pokemon, do I need to have those pokemon in the bank or the PC? I'm trying to get them all, but I'm also using the GTS, so I'm also giving up some of my pokemon. If I caught them before (but then traded them away) would that still be okay? Or do I need to have them all in my PC?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You just need to have the Dex data for them.

Once you've gotten the Pokemon, it doesn't matter what you do with it.