• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Astrint

Breeding Star
Can eggs be found multiple times from two Pokemon while at a daycare without switching?

They will as long as they are there. it just depends on whether they can breed or not and how much they like each other. 'they don't seem to like each other much' means they will be taking a while to give the eggs. 'the two seem to get along' means they will become egg making machines.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm offering the shiny treeko. So...... why does no one want it!!!!!? D: anyway, thanks for letting me know i'm not offering a bad trade lol

Perhaps because people are incredibly suspicious by your offer. Why would someone offer a 5IV shiny for a regular one that might not even have 1IV?

You might need to add an explanation in your offering post :p

It's probably a no-brainer but I saw this today:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-S...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1c42f90aaa

The listing promises to sell you a customised game with 'all 493' pokemon in-game at lv.100 and ALL SHINY! Lv.50 non-shinies on request with all items, cash and everything you could ever obtain in-game.

I want to know what people think of this, do you think people actually go for this and is it even possible? What gets me is that there's a returns policy and a 'genuine' video as proof that it's real?!

I just don't get it.

Well, it's obviously a hacked game. Anyone falling for it is either a young kid who basically knows nothing (which begs the question why would their parent let their kid on eBay in the first place) or is just really stupid.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What has happened to Smogon's tiers for 5th Gen and below? It keeps coming up with an error message when I try to access the list or individual Pokemon.

Yes, Role Play can copy the ability of a Mega Evolution. If it is used on the same turn a target Mega Evolves, the ability of the target's Mega Evolution will be copied since it occurs before Role Play is used.
So just to confirm, while the target itself does not receive its Mega Evolution's ability on the turn of Mega Evolution (say Mega Garchomp remains with Sand Veil), Role Play will still copy the ability of the Mega Evolution (say Sand Force in the former's case) ?

What has happened to Smogon's tiers for 5th Gen and below? It keeps coming up with an error message when I try to access the list or individual Pokemon.
It might be because of Smogon's update for the Strategy Pokedex, which is currently still in beta. As of this post, supported web browsers include the latest versions of Firefox and Google Chrome, Safari 6.1+, iOS 7+ and Internet Explorer 10+, though only with partial support in IE's case.

"Anything not on this list is unsupported. This includes the Android stock browser (switch to Chrome), Opera, and any browser on the 3DS." (Taken from Smogon, using Chrome version 36.0.1985.125 m)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So just to confirm, while the target itself does not receive its Mega Evolution's ability on the turn of Mega Evolution (say Mega Garchomp remains with Sand Veil), Role Play will still copy the ability of the Mega Evolution (say Sand Force in the former's case) ?

It might be because of Smogon's update for the Strategy Pokedex, which is currently still in beta. As of this post, supported web browsers include the latest versions of Firefox and Google Chrome, Safari 6.1+, iOS 7+ and Internet Explorer 10+, though only with partial support in IE's case.

"Anything not on this list is unsupported. This includes the Android stock browser (switch to Chrome), Opera, and any browser on the 3DS." (Taken from Smogon, using Chrome version 36.0.1985.125 m)

So I can never see the tiers on my phone or 3ds since my phone only has IE and windows 7?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
why would you use Internet Explorer instead of something that's a web browser, like Google Chrome

juffate

Not-So Normal Type
What would happen if you gave a pokemon with the ability klutz (like buneary or golett), an item like black sludge? would the pokemon take damage or would it do nothing? thanks in advance

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
why would you use Internet Explorer instead of something that's a web browser, like Google Chrome

Because it came with the phone. You can't change it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What would happen if you gave a pokemon with the ability klutz (like buneary or golett), an item like black sludge? would the pokemon take damage or would it do nothing? thanks in advance

it'll do nothing

Because it came with the phone. You can't change it.

do Windows phones seriously not let you download apps such as competing browsers

lmao if that's actually true

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
it'll do nothing

do Windows phones seriously not let you download apps such as competing browsers

lmao if that's actually true

Not that I'm aware of. Doesn't help my phone is an older model.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......

When a Pokémon Mega Evolves, its ability will immediately change to that of the Mega Evolution. This is probably most evident with Mega Charizard Y, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Manectric, as Drought, Trace, and Intimidate respectively will trigger upon Mega Evolution.

Sprinter1988

Why are things so stacked against physical attackers? Think about it, any abilities that inflict a status condition on the opponent (static, flame body, poison point) requires a physical attack to work, Rocky Helmet only works against physical attacks, the abilities Iron Barbs, Aftermath and Rough Skin only works on moves that make contact, burn reduces physical attack and no status effects special attack, no special attacks cause recoil damage, Intimidate lowers attack but no ability lowers special attack. Even a weather condition is more beneficial to special attackers than physical attackers.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that the game developers are determined to make you regret using physical attackers.

NovaEx

Scientist
I know that when you level up, the amount that goes up for each stat is 2% of the base stat, and 1% of EV and IV.
But when playing, the stats gained vary, like for example getting +1 for hp, and then getting +0.
Does it save past remainders, like if you get 1.5, you gain 1, and then have 0.5 left over, giving you +2 next time? But even then, how would you ever get 0?
The Pokemon this is happening too has a base stat of 80, and the nature makes it lose 10%. That makes it gain 1.44 at least, so how is it possible to gain 0?

Oh, and it can be higher than 1.44, cause I don't know the IV and EV.

Is there a Random number involved in the formula for stats gained when you gain a level?

And I am also wondering, what is LV.1 stats based on? How are they calculated?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Why are things so stacked against physical attackers? Think about it, any abilities that inflict a status condition on the opponent (static, flame body, poison point) requires a physical attack to work, Rocky Helmet only works against physical attacks, the abilities Iron Barbs, Aftermath and Rough Skin only works on moves that make contact, burn reduces physical attack and no status effects special attack, no special attacks cause recoil damage, Intimidate lowers attack but no ability lowers special attack. Even a weather condition is more beneficial to special attackers than physical attackers.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that the game developers are determined to make you regret using physical attackers.

I've often wondered this myself. There desperately needs to be a Foul Play for special attackers and an Intimidate for special attackers.

Astrint

Breeding Star
Perhaps because people are incredibly suspicious by your offer. Why would someone offer a 5IV shiny for a regular one that might not even have 1IV?

You might need to add an explanation in your offering post :p

I just want to breed one for ORAS for a mega sceptile with the moves I want and it would be so much easier to breed them over from one that already has the IVs for HP Rock. :( plus, i don't like Shinies all that much >.>

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I've just picked up a Diancie from a trade. I'm unsure of it's IVs as most of the IV Calculators don't have the new event pokemon, and the only one that I know of with Diancie (Psypoke's) keeps on saying an error. I've checked the EVs (there are none), and everything else to make sure it's correct, but it keeps shooting out the same response.

From what I know from the IV Checker in Kiloude, the Diancie has "Outstanding" potential with 3 IVs, Atk, Def, and Sp. Atk. Also, the hidden power is Bug.

If someone could refer me to an updated calculator, or possibly calculate the IVs, that'd would be awesome. The Diancie's stats are as follows:
Level 50
HP: 120
Atk: 120
Def: 170
Sp. Atk: 108
Sp. Def: 181
Spd: 65

There are 0 EVs, 3 "Perfect" IVs (Atk, Def, and Sp. Atk), HP Bug, and a Careful nature. Trading Diancie seems to be a challenge without knowing its exact IVs right now :\.

EDIT: Thank you SS_Append for figuring out the IVs!

Last edited:

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
I know that when you level up, the amount that goes up for each stat is 2% of the base stat, and 1% of EV and IV.
But when playing, the stats gained vary, like for example getting +1 for hp, and then getting +0.
Does it save past remainders, like if you get 1.5, you gain 1, and then have 0.5 left over, giving you +2 next time? But even then, how would you ever get 0?
The Pokemon this is happening too has a base stat of 80, and the nature makes it lose 10%. That makes it gain 1.44 at least, so how is it possible to gain 0?

Oh, and it can be higher than 1.44, cause I don't know the IV and EV.

Is there a Random number involved in the formula for stats gained when you gain a level?

And I am also wondering, what is LV.1 stats based on? How are they calculated?

Every time a Pokemon levels up or is generated (regardless of level it's generated at), the stats will be calculated by a specific formula for the stat. The previous value for the stat will be thrown out and remade with the new values for the relevant variables.

There are no random numbers in this process, the only perceived randomness is due to EVs and IVs, which are random unless you pay attention to them.

The full formula for calculating non-HP stats is this:

Stat = (((IV + 2 * BaseStat + (EV/4) ) * Level/100 ) + 5) * Nature Value.

The formula for HP is different, but it uses the same variables as the other stat formula (except nature, as nature doesn't affect HP).

HP = ( (IV + 2 * BaseStat + (EV/4) ) * Level/100 ) + 10 + Level

IV is a value from 0 to 31, determined at generation of Pokemon.

BaseStat is a value specific to each species, and you can find it on that species' Pokedex page on Serebii.

EV is a value from 0 to 252 (255 in earlier gens, but it would round down anyways) based on the wild Pokemon you've fought, both which kinds and how many.

Level is fairly simple, the level shown for the Pokemon.

Nature Value is how much the Nature of the Pokemon affects the stat. A Modest nature will provide a * 1.1 modifier to Special Attack, but also provide a * 0.9 modifier to Attack.

Every time the stats for a Pokemon change, the game refers back to this formula, regardless of what the previous stat was. The +0, +1, +2, etc. you see when a Pokemon levels up is determined by finding the difference between the old stat and the new one, and a +0 change simply means that the variables involved did not change enough to increase the stat's value.