• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

BCVM22

I heard that Kecleon, Wailmer and Azurill were revealed in March 2001, and I'm wondering where/how that happened; was it via a magazine or another publication?

If I remember correctly, their reveals were done around their animated debuts in the Pikachu short that went with Movie 4. At that time, the reveals would have been done chiefly by magazine and in trailers for Movie 4 that included footage from the short.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why is flare blitz able to be boosted by sheer force but close combat isn't able to be boosted by iron fist?

Also, has it ben confirmed whether oras will still have wonder trade and o powers?

RzK

Meow
Yes, ORAS has wonder trading possible with XY and o powers too.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Why is flare blitz able to be boosted by sheer force but close combat isn't able to be boosted by iron fist?

Also, has it ben confirmed whether oras will still have wonder trade and o powers?

Flare Blitz gets boosted by Sheer Force as it has the extra effect of burning your opponent occasionally. Close Combat isn't boosted by Iron Fist as it isn't classified as a punching move.

ORAS does have Wonder Trade. Not 100% sure about O-Powers but I'd imagine they will have them.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I can confirm ORAS having Wonder Trade; I've gotten a few Pokémon from a "faraway place" today.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

Can the pidgeotite be obtained before beating the elite 4 in ORAS?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Flare Blitz gets boosted by Sheer Force as it has the extra effect of burning your opponent occasionally. Close Combat isn't boosted by Iron Fist as it isn't classified as a punching move.

ORAS does have Wonder Trade. Not 100% sure about O-Powers but I'd imagine they will have them.

But my point is, why is close combat not classified as a punching move?

I can confirm ORAS having Wonder Trade; I've gotten a few Pokémon from a "faraway place" today.

And o powers?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
But my point is, why is close combat not classified as a punching move?

And o powers?

Although the animation of Close Combat in Gen 4/5 involves fists, they are not necessary for the execution of the move. The move description simply states the user fights up close without guarding itself.

O Powers are in the game, but not sure whether you get more besides the "starter" O Powers.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Does Lapras still have a special animation during surfing?

i need help on breeding

so for 30 hours iv been breeding a pokemon to try to get one of a adamant nature ( prefer male) but not been able to get any pokemon with that nature in 30 hour of none stop breeding, dose anyone know how to or have tips on how to breed a pokemon so the egg hatch with a perferd nature or to incress the chances

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
Don't have ORAS yet, wondering if there are any new breeding mechanics and if you can still use the destiny knot to pass down IV's?

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
How do you get the hatching o-power in ORAS??

Also, when and how do you get to search for the stones, as i somehow found the Alakazite in the Slateport Market with just 2 badges!!!

Also, how do i evolve my magneton in ORAS???

Zaverxi

Ok so I have several questions about DexNav.

First, what does 'Potential' mean? Is it shiny potential, IV potential, or what?
Second, what affects the level of the search? Does it correspond to how many pokemon of that specific entry you've encountered? Found the answer myself, it does indeed correspond to how many pokemon of that kind you've seen.
Third, why do some of my areas have a bronze trophy, others silver, and some gold, does it have to do with whether I've found pokemon with rare abilities? Because I've found all pokemon in them or I wouldn't get a badge at all.
Finally, is it just the first move of the pokemon that can be a rare move, or could others also be unique?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Also, when and how do you get to search for the stones, as i somehow found the Alakazite in the Slateport Market with just 2 badges!!!

First, what does 'Potential' mean? Is it shiny potential, IV potential, or what?
Second, what affects the level of the search? Does it correspond to how many pokemon of that specific entry you've encountered?
Third, why do some of my areas have a bronze trophy, others silver, and some gold, does it have to do with whether I've found pokemon with rare abilities? Because I've found all pokemon in them or I wouldn't get a badge at all.
Finally, is it just the first move of the pokemon that can be a rare move, or could others also be unique?

I think this thread is better suited to these questions: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ial-Omega-Ruby-amp-Alpha-Sapphire-Help-Thread

I will say this, some questions may not answered quickly, as we've only had the games for a few days.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I have to wait 6 days to get ORAS, but "potential" most likely refers to IVs.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Is route 102 a earlier or later route in Hoenn?

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
so for 30 hours iv been breeding a pokemon to try to get one of a adamant nature ( prefer male) but not been able to get any pokemon with that nature in 30 hour of none stop breeding, dose anyone know how to or have tips on how to breed a pokemon so the egg hatch with a perferd nature or to incress the chances

Page on breeding http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml
Evertstone on a parent makes sure it passes down its nature.
Power Items pass down an IV
Power Anklet, Speed
Power Band , Special Defense
Power Belt, Defense
Power Bracer, Attack
Power Lens, Special Attack
Power Weight, Hit Points
Destiny Knot passes down 5 random IVs.
But I'm pretty sure there's no way to get a certain gender.

Don't have ORAS yet, wondering if there are any new breeding mechanics and if you can still use the destiny knot to pass down IV's?

Destiny Knot is still in the game and has the same effects as in XY.

There's a page on O-Powers. http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/opower.shtml

Another page for the mega stones. Alakazite is found in the Slateport Market. http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/megaevolutions.shtml

Second, what affects the level of the search? Does it correspond to how many pokemon of that specific entry you've encountered? Found the answer myself, it does indeed correspond to how many pokemon of that kind you've seen.

All the answers here http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/dexnav.shtml

Potential is IV, each star is a perfect IV.
Search level is how many times you encountered it. The higher it is, the more you'll know about the Pokemon.
First move is the first move it has. It can sometimes be egg moves.

Last edited: